Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 204 of 270 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2699
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    In fact, our discussion made me thought about something that seems to work but have other problems that I need to think of: all the UPnP players I have at home, if I set in the UPnP "play" request a generic "*" info instead of the true "audio/Lss/rate=rrrrr;channel=c" seems to still work as long as they have that information later when they query audio. I've re-read the UPnP/DLNA standard and could not find anything explicit about that

Now, it is still a difficult decision because the playback might fail later when I send the actual audio data because it's beyond the advertised capacity of the player (especially for 24 bits) where in fact a wav envelopped would have worked well - might be more user confusing. Need to think about it
    My Marantz is a bit picky, and won't accept wav(24). I suspect that trying to be pedantically accurate is the best plan. I guess you could have a 'try this' option with red warnings all around it.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Jongo S3X/flac

Do you see another chance to solve the problem? If not, I would need another step-by-step guide to install the previous version of UPnPbridge 0.3.0.0.2.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by thk_ms View Post
    Do you see another chance to solve the problem? If not, I would need another step-by-step guide to install the previous version of UPnPbridge 0.3.0.0.2.

Thank you very much.
    I'll continue investigating. To some extend, all I'd need is a Jongo, but I ave too many speakers already
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I'll continue investigating. To some extend, all I'd need is a Jongo, but I ave too many speakers already
    I'm using the 1.1.2 version (non-dev) and flac works for Jongo. Maybe try that?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I'm using the 1.1.2 version (non-dev) and flac works for Jongo. Maybe try that?
    It doesn't work.

Nothing that Philippe has posted since 0.3.0.0.2 works for sending flacs natively to Jongo A2.

Quote Originally Posted by drgeoff View Post
    It doesn't work.

Nothing that Philippe has posted since 0.3.0.0.2 works for sending flacs natively to Jongo A2.
    Just checked again - you're correct ... flac doesn't play.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probleme avec enceinte Xiaomi

Bonjour et merci à Philippe l'auteur de ce super plugin...
    Je suis équipé de Jeedom, d'un Nas 216play, et routeur Xiaomi 4.
    J'ai une enceinte XIAOMI Speaker et j'ai des soucis de déconnexions avec celle-ci.
    J'ai beau tenté de changer les paramètres j'ai toujours ce souci et c'est vraiment pénible, y aurait il une configuation "type" pour l'enceinte Xiaomi?
    Merci d'avance...

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    My Marantz is a bit picky, and won't accept wav(24). I suspect that trying to be pedantically accurate is the best plan. I guess you could have a 'try this' option with red warnings all around it.
    I've added a dev version 1.2.0.1 which is a bit more aggressive wrt to 'raw' PCM utilisation. Basically, when using 'pcm' transcoding and receiving a compressed format, it will try to use 'raw' even if the sample size is kept to source and sample rate kept to source ot "No higher" is set.

It does that by asking LMS the *original* source file's sample rate & size and trying to see if the player would accept these (if the no higher option is ticked, it will try that for the maximum rate, not the source file's one). If the player accept these, it's a go.

Now, the actual rate and size are only known when the audio data is received, so it will tell the UPnP player, in the initial "play" request that it will receive pcm, but details are still unknown, which seems to be accepted by all my players so far. Then, when starting to send the actual data, it tell in the HTTP header the real rate and size.

The issue is if you do transcode in LMS to a *higher* sample size & rate (C3PO for example) than the file's originals and these rate/size are not accepted by the player, playback will fail at the late stage. Seems to me it's an acceptable trade-off but now I need to know if UPnP devices widely accept this "pcm will be sent but unkown details at this time" play request.

As a reminder, if sample rate and size are set to fixed values, none of these potential problems will happen.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by Remyg83 View Post
    Bonjour et merci à Philippe l'auteur de ce super plugin...
    Je suis équipé de Jeedom, d'un Nas 216play, et routeur Xiaomi 4.
    J'ai une enceinte XIAOMI Speaker et j'ai des soucis de déconnexions avec celle-ci.
    J'ai beau tenté de changer les paramètres j'ai toujours ce souci et c'est vraiment pénible, y aurait il une configuation "type" pour l'enceinte Xiaomi?
    Merci d'avance...
    Je te réponds sur le forum Français

I've added a dev version 1.2.0.1 which is a bit more aggressive wrt to 'raw' PCM utilisation. Basically, when using 'pcm' transcoding and receiving a compressed format, it will try to use 'raw' even if the sample size is kept to source and sample rate kept to source ot "No higher" is set.

It does that by asking LMS the *original* source file's sample rate & size and trying to see if the player would accept these (if the no higher option is ticked, it will try that for the maximum rate, not the source file's one). If the player accept these, it's a go.

Now, the actual rate and size are only known when the audio data is received, so it will tell the UPnP player, in the initial "play" request that it will receive pcm, but details are still unknown, which seems to be accepted by all my players so far. Then, when starting to send the actual data, it tell in the HTTP header the real rate and size.

The issue is if you do transcode in LMS to a *higher* sample size & rate (C3PO for example) than the file's originals and these rate/size are not accepted by the player, playback will fail at the late stage. Seems to me it's an acceptable trade-off but now I need to know if UPnP devices widely accept this "pcm will be sent but unkown details at this time" play request.

As a reminder, if sample rate and size are set to fixed values, none of these potential problems will happen.
    I'm not sure I really understand this, sorry. It's just getting too complicated for me.

I have tried some tests on my Marantz. It doesn't seem to accept 'raw' at all (I don't think it ever did). However, something odd is happening.

If I set it all to wav 96000 and play a 96000 track, 'No Higher' off, all is well - the log says it plays at 24/96000. If I play a 192000 track it claims to be transcoding from 48000 to 96000 (C3PO is not enabled).
    If I set 'No Higher' and play the 192000 track it says it's playing at 48000, no transcoding, but I get no sound.
    If I play the same 192000 track on my M1, it plays at 192000 and doesn't need to transcode (that rate is supported).

I assume that my Marantz is saying 48000 is its max rate (that's what the manual says - wav 16/48000) and LMS gets to hear about it and is transcoding itself, or else the information of the log is not what I think it is.

All a bit of a puzzle. I can get things to play, so it's not a problem, but I don't understand what is happening.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.