Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Modify alarm fade-in time - Modifier le temps d'agmentation du volume du reveil

Hi,

I just unpacked my SqueezeBox Radio, i found it awesome,
    I use it to wake up but one web radio i like make a small speech (10sec) each connection before starting music.

So i'm looking for modify the fade-in time to not be awake by this message and to be waked slowly.
    Any idea where to parameter it? I didn't found it in menu, but i saw there was a ssh connection, so it's probably possible to do a lot more no?

Thanks

----------

Bonjour,

Je viens juste de déballer ma SqueezeBox Radio et je la trouve géniale,
    Je l'utilise pour me réveiller, mais une webradio que j'aime émet un petit speech (10sec) avant de jouer la musique.

Du coup je cherche comment paramétrer le temps sur lequel le volume est progressivement augmenté pour ne pas être reveillé par ce message et être réveillé plus doucement
    Une idée? Je n'ai pas trouvé de réglage dans les menus mais j'ai vu qu'il y a une connexion ssh disponible donc il est surement possible de faire beaucoup plus de paramétrages non?

Merci

Should be possible...

Hi,

This should be possible, not actually played around with that particular parameter myself but have used the following to reduce the fallback alarm volume.

Enable SSH connection in Radio menu...

SSH into radio, user:root pass:1234

File to modify is "AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua" (Recommend you take a copy for backup purposes before editing)

Should be located in "/usr/share/jive/applets/AlarmSnooze/"

According to the document I have you are looking to modify parameter "self.fadeInTimer" on line 453.

I do not have SSH enabled on any of my Radios at the moment to double check this for you now, but if the above doesn't help you let me know and I'll connect into one of mine and get the exact line details and post them here.

Cheers

Kev

Note above applies to SB Radio, can't say for sure UE Radio is the same.
    Last edited by KeBul; 2015-05-11 at 15:01. Reason: add extra info

Hi, Thanks for your answer KeBul

Can you tell me where do you find the informations? Do you have a topic with all tips / parameters?

I tried some command i know like "cd" or "ls" but it wasn't recognized it's a little away from linux bash?

With what can i edit "AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua" ? With "nano"?
    Or must i download it before editing with some software like WinSCP?

I think it will interesting to customize this cool Radio

I planned to make a SqueezeBox server next with my raspberry Pi (to not depend of www.mysqueezebox.com)

Search the forums...

Hi,

I generally search the net/forums to see if I can find an answer, also probably spend too much time browsing forums on topics I have an interest in.

If I find an answer or stumble across something interesting then I'll save my own local copy for future reference. In this case I knew I had a document saved outlining how to make changes to the alarm settings on an SB Radio and just looked that up, but the original info came from a post on this forum...

Post #6 by frank_harmann here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...=default+alarm

I use WinSCP to access/edit files on the SB Radio.

I've just moved my Squeezebox Server from a QNAP NAS to a Raspberry Pi 2B, very impressed so far nice neat fast setup.

Kev
    Last edited by KeBul; 2015-05-12 at 01:42.

Hi!
    I tried this WeekEnd to modify the "self.fadeInTimer" on line 453 from '800' to different values (8000, 60000, 120000, 300000) but this as no effect.
    I added a log line and see that the squeezebox radio doesn't go inside this function at wakeup web-radio start.
    Maybe it must be somewhere else, but i didn't find it...

I installed a LMS server on my raspberry Pi (rev 7.8) but with my server and the android remote application ("Squeezer") i have access to less tools than with the official android application + mysqueezebox.com.
    For example the sleep-timer is missing.
    Any other android application can do this with a self-hosted server?
    I can't use the official android application with my server it's normal?

I use the standard fade in time in the LMS settings and whilst I haven't actually timed in it feels like about 10 seconds so I'd probably just live with that (Settings, Player, Alarm Clock, Fade Alarms In)
    Just my 10p worth
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Pi2 running piCoreplayer 4 connected via Toslink to Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps with Avondale Audio 2018 mods, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I use the standard fade in time in the LMS settings and whilst I haven't actually timed in it feels like about 10 seconds so I'd probably just live with that (Settings, Player, Alarm Clock, Fade Alarms In)
    Just my 10p worth
    Jeremy
    Lol this is funny

After your post i take a deeper look at the gui and didnt "find" what you wrote.
    I just find
    "Weckerwiedergabe einblenden"
    - so i changed the language to enu and there it is:
    Fade Alarms In
    Its quite the same but in german "einblenden" can also mean something like show the Alarm.

But on the other hand - take a look @ here

Hopefully Michael can help me/us.

Hi ROUGEXIII,

since you#ve got a Raspberry acting as LMS please read my other Thread:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...mfadeseconds-1

please make a backup before editing the alarm.html even if i think its working without issue.

After editing the File and restarting lms
    Code:
    sudo service logitechmediaserver stop
    sudo service logitechmediaserver start
    you would see something like this:

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    since you#ve got a Raspberry acting as LMS please read my other Thread:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...mfadeseconds-1
    Thanks for your answer i tried this, no problem to apply your code with some completion:
    Code:
    [% WRAPPER setting title="ALARM_FADE" desc="SETUP_ALARM_FADE" %]
                     <input type="text" class="stdedit sliderInput_0_1200" name="pref_alarmfadeseconds" id="pref_alarmfadeseconds">
    [% END %]
    But in witch string.txt should i add the text.
    (It works without)

But even i configure more, the fade in time will not go up more than 10/15/20seconds (don't know exactly), impossible to setup a minute for example.
    Maybe the "Volume = Volume +1" (with max limit) witch must be in some *.lua script, doesn't increase on the whole range but with something like +1 every 0.5 second so it cant go slowly.
    Do you have an idea where to find in witch .lua this can be fund?

I'm not sure because, i tried before to modify only the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs and put "alarmfadeseconds : 3600" it worked fine but play webradio as configured only for some second and then switch to a sound.

And if you don't have your own LMS server you can't modify this? Strange build from logitech!
    Last edited by ROUGEXIII; 2015-05-21 at 23:16.

Hi,

"1200" is much to high - i checked that the fade only works 15 secs. More doesnt make any difference.

And no - my Radio is out of order /crashed /dumped.
    i cant help you with this but its for shure possible to change the code on the radio aswell.

But in witch string.txt should i add the text.
    (It works without)
    Nope that was only a hint /tipp / request for Michael for the german language - its just cosmetic.