Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 80 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Then you likely have a problem with your waveshare setup. Have you followed this thread. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ight=waveshare

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Hello,

Currently I try around with a 4.3 inch WaveShare display with 480x272 resolution. For this I need the WQVGAsmallPrint skin, which is not available in the latest pcp-jivelite.tcz, which was loaded via the web interface. Is there a chance to get those "old skins" back?
    I got the wgvga Skins from sourceforge repo an the jivelite resolution now matches to the displays resolution.
    Now I have a new problem. The pointer calibration in jivelite is wrong. When I do ts_test after calibration with ts_calibrate everything works fine. But in jivelite the calibration is wrong. The directions are right, but the cursor position is wrong. What could be the problem?
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2018-02-18 at 11:23.

I got the wgvga Skins from sourceforge repo an the jivelite resolution now matches to the displays resolution.
    Now I have a new problem. The pointer calibration in jivelite is wrong. When I do ts_test after calibration with ts_calibrate everything works fine. But in jivelite the calibration is wrong. The directions are right, but the cursor position is wrong. What could be the problem?
    Did you run pcp bu to backup the new /usr/local/etc/pointercal file created by ts_calibrate?

If not, you would reverted to the preinstalled one for the rpi 7" official screen.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

I have finaly figured out what's the problem. I have to start jivelite with the following line:

sudo SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    When I do the following like do_rebootstuff.sh does, the calibration in jivelite wont't work.

export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE
    sudo /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    It looks like the export function has no effect.
    Anyway, when I modify the jivelite.sh file like shown above, the touchscreen schould work properly.

sudo SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    After a reboot the calibration was wrong again.
    It looks like this line bring me back the calibration in jivelite permanently:

Code:
    sudo TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite

I have finaly figured out what's the problem. I have to start jivelite with the following line:

When I do the following like do_rebootstuff.sh does, the calibration in jivelite wont't work.

It looks like the export function has no effect.
    Anyway, when I modify the jivelite.sh file like shown above, the touchscreen schould work properly.
    You need to add -E to sudo if you want the environment variables available to the command you're trying to run. -b is run in background.

See how we run it in do_rebootstuff.sh

sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You need to add -E to sudo if you want the environment variables available to the command you're trying to run. -b is run in background.

See how we run it in do_rebootstuff.sh

sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    Yes, when I do
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE
    sudo -E /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    everything works fine. Thank you Ralphy for that hint. I learned something new again.
    Only I did not understand why the calibration did not work with the standard do_rebootstuff.sh and jivelite.sh and
    found the solution in this thread.
    I made the changes like Streampunk wrote there and after backup and reboot my touchscreen is working fine.
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2018-02-20 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Then you likely have a problem with your waveshare setup. Have you followed this thread. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ight=waveshare
    I have read the whole thread and also followed the instructions on http://www.pughx2.com/picore320.html.

I started over tonight and did everything exactly as mentioned. HOwever, I still have the same result

I have my LMS on a synology NAS and I DID have to specify the LMS IP in the squeezelite settings. Can this be part of the problem? Is there a way to hardcode the LMS IP in the JiveLite files?

Quote Originally Posted by bvlet View Post
    I have my LMS on a synology NAS and I DID have to specify the LMS IP in the squeezelite settings. Can this be part of the problem? Is there a way to hardcode the LMS IP in the JiveLite files?
    If squeezelite cannot automatically detect the server, then jivelite cannot see it either. That is a networking problem, or a firewall problem on your NAS box.

I'm a little bit further now. Squeezelite can find the LMS without specifying the IP in the webinterface. I added some rules to the firewall of the NAS and that seems to help. It took a few minutes, but eventually everything worked automatically.
    Unfortunately I still can't see my music system in Jivelite.

I read some more in the forums about the switching between wired and wireless connections. I configured my PI through the newconfig-method directly over Wifi, so this shouldn't be the problem. However, I still tried to reset JiveLite again. This didn't help, and for some reason it also broke down the touchscreen. I can calibrate it (with TSLIB, like described on the bottom of http://www.pughx2.com/picore320.html), but the settings don't seem to be used, even though they are correctly stored in the pointercal file...
    Before the reset, this worked perfectly.

So in short: We're not there yet . Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Bart