Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Greg the screens come in various sizes and resolutions , but the 5 inch screens seem to be 800x480.
    The touch functionality comes through unspecified GPIO connections, but I can see it is the 26 pin connector they use.
    And they admit the screen can be used as display only ( no touch ) by any host, but forget to mention how it would be powered then, probably the micro USB.
    Not sure if links to commercial sites are allowed , but searching for 'raspberry lcd hdmi' on ???express gives you a few on the first page.
    There is even a 3.5 inch version with audio out from HDMI but it poses me more questions on the actual connection to the pi as they mention SPI as alternative for HDMI.
    I need to learn a bit more,
    All this give me options to build something small without needing to code. I am happy with PCP as it is serving me well.
    I have an instance of PCP/Jivelite with a 5-inch (I believe) screen connected via HDMI. Being at the same resolution as the rPi 7-inch touch screen (800x480) means the skins (and in my case, a modified version of CustomClock) all work (a big plus!). Mine doesn't have touch capability - I use LIRC instead. I think the HDMI-based displays with touch capability provide the touch input via USB, right? Does it simply act like a mouse?

slimmer is its own output. i dont think its jivelite as such.
    spi is how the official lcd is connected. i think ???
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Mine doesn't have touch capability - I use LIRC instead. I think the HDMI-based displays with touch capability provide the touch input via USB, right? Does it simply act like a mouse?
    Hi tcutting ,
    Using LIRC as replacement for the touch could be a perfect and simple method to send the commands to the pcp.
    I have bought a TSOP4838 and one of is siblings, jet I have to find it again.
    Please share any data on how you use this in your setup.
    I assume it generates something similar like keyboard keystrokes input that has a translation table between received keys and to be activated commands. If so a USB keyboard would be the simplest way to start testing how Jivelite is behaving with other input.

If the touch screens are really with mouse like USB output and that would work with Jivelite too, it would be simple to have a good alternative for the original 7 inch screen. However I doubt the screens I have seen do output over USB. If so the sellers would mention that as function, and not limit it to be for raspi only.

Alternative for touch in Jivelite

It seems Mouse support is not working out of the box.
    The HW is recognized ( dmesg snippet : )

[ 2.368984] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
    [ 2.480413] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0566, idProduct=4006
    [ 2.480429] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 2.480442] usb 1-1.3: Product: USB Mouse
    [ 2.490538] input: USB Mouse as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/0003:0566:4006.0001/input/input0
    [ 2.491034] hid-generic 0003:0566:4006.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [USB Mouse] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.3/input0

But in Jivelite I can not get any response from the mouse.
    Does Jivelite work with mouse control? Do we need to use something like gpm ?

BTW Keyboard seems to work to, working my way through the learning curve.
    Last edited by M-H; 2017-02-14 at 15:45.

Hi tcutting ,
    Using LIRC as replacement for the touch could be a perfect and simple method to send the commands to the pcp.
    I have bought a TSOP4838 and one of is siblings, jet I have to find it again.
    Please share any data on how you use this in your setup.
    I assume it generates something similar like keyboard keystrokes input that has a translation table between received keys and to be activated commands. If so a USB keyboard would be the simplest way to start testing how Jivelite is behaving with other input.

If the touch screens are really with mouse like USB output and that would work with Jivelite too, it would be simple to have a good alternative for the original 7 inch screen. However I doubt the screens I have seen do output over USB. If so the sellers would mention that as function, and not limit it to be for raspi only.
    Ralphy has done the heavy lifting for lirc. See thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...r-picoreplayer

hi M-H,

I use this USB IR remote with jivelite.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-USB-I...3D331692603169

I also use a IR Receiver on another pCP but not using jivelite it communicates directly with squeezelite.

The [LIRC Settings] setup either of these options.

Here's LIRC development thread, in case you missed it.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...r-picoreplayer

regards
    Greg

It seems Mouse support is not working out of the box.
    The HW is recognized ( dmesg snippet : )

[ 2.368984] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
    [ 2.480413] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0566, idProduct=4006
    [ 2.480429] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 2.480442] usb 1-1.3: Product: USB Mouse
    [ 2.490538] input: USB Mouse as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/0003:0566:4006.0001/input/input0
    [ 2.491034] hid-generic 0003:0566:4006.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [USB Mouse] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.3/input0

But in Jivelite I can not get any response from the mouse.
    Does Jivelite work with mouse control? Do we need to use something like gpm ?

BTW Keyboard seems to work to, working my way through the learning curve.
    The mouse pointer is hidden for jivelite in picoreplayer, if you have the rpi 7" touch screen connected, but mouse support is included.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Alternative for touch in Jivelite

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The mouse pointer is hidden for jivelite in picoreplayer, if you have the rpi 7" touch screen connected, but mouse support is included.
    Hi Raphy,
    Not sure what you mean to say.
    Hidden pointer but support included =
    Not visible but jet a working mouse ?
    Or
    The mouse is working for the OS but is suppressed for the jivelite session on the 7 inch screen ?

To my recollection I could not get a single response from the mouse actions in the jivelite screen, but if I need to click on specific points it is hard to do that blind.
    Keyboard cursor control however was more obvious on the screen. If you would have a list of keys supported , it would help.
    And sorry , Yes I do use jivelite, but never had my hand on the genuine logitech hardware.

IR control on jivelite

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I use this USB IR remote with jivelite.
    Here's LIRC development thread, in case you missed it.
    Hi Greg,
    Funny thing, I have exact the same USB IR keyboard/mouse emulator. But could not get it working properly on my pi yesterday.
    And yes the pi is under powered and overloaded and I did not have time to verify it outputs over 4.75V on the USB port, So I did not complain it did not work, and used the 'regular' keyboard and mouse for tests.
    The device does work on a windoze laptop, so perhaps test what it draws is a good start.

The lirc thread was skimmed months ago, and I need to study it again before asking the obvious things. (RTFM )
    When I find the ordered electronics parts again, I will definitely setup an IR receiver , and perhaps a blaster to wake up the amp.

Thanks for the pointers.

Hi Raphy,
    Not sure what you mean to say.
    Hidden pointer but support included =
    Not visible but jet a working mouse ?
    Or
    The mouse is working for the OS but is suppressed for the jivelite session on the 7 inch screen ?

To my recollection I could not get a single response from the mouse actions in the jivelite screen, but if I need to click on specific points it is hard to do that blind.
    Keyboard cursor control however was more obvious on the screen. If you would have a list of keys supported , it would help.
    And sorry , Yes I do use jivelite, but never had my hand on the genuine logitech hardware.
    The mouse is suppressed in picoreplayer when the rpi 7" screen attached to the rpi.

If you want to use the mouse, instead of the touch screen, you need to ssh into pcp and override the suppression.

First you need to change do_rebootstuff.sh as described in this post.

Instead of installing the jivelite.sh.txt from the above post, copy the one installed already.

cp /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh
    chmod 755 /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh

Then you need to add these lines to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh

Code:
    --- /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    +++ /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh
    @@ -5,10 +5,13 @@

export HOME=/home/tc
     export JIVE_FRAMERATE=22
    +unset JIVE_NOCURSOR
    +unset SDL_MOUSEDRV
    +unset SDL_MOUSEDEV

/usr/sbin/fbset -depth 32

while true; do
         sleep 3
    -    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite > /dev/null 2>&1
    +    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite > /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.log 2>&1
     done
    If you don't care about the log then leave /dev/null.

Finally save the changes and reboot pcp.

pcp br
    Last edited by ralphy; 2017-02-16 at 06:18.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.