Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    just done a full reinstall and strangely this behaviour has now stopped and all appears to be working fine
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with Hifiberry Digital + (Lounge)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Kitchen)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Conservatory)
    Radio x 2 (Bedroom)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Garage)

LMS 7.9 on DIY Unraid 6 Server (i5)

Squeeze user since the SB1

Quote Originally Posted by Corelli45 View Post
    Hi,
    Just a 'learning' question. Is Jivelite updated through the normal Picoreplayer updates or does this have to be done manually? Thanks.
    The pcp released jivelite packages are installed and updated through the web gui.

The beta PiGridSkin and large artwork now playing screen savers recently discussed in the thread still require a manual install.

I was planning to replace the current released package with the PiGridSkin and large artwork now playing screen savers build with the next major pcp release. However, if there's a general consensus that the beta package is ready for "prime time", I can do it anytime as it's not part of the pcp image.
    It's working great for me on 3.02 and 3.1x, I haven't tested it with the older pcp 2.x images, has anyone?

I should mention that the default lirc configuration files for the slimdevice remotes, don't fully support the piGridSkin. If you're using those remotes, you should continue to use the JogglerSkin which has the large artwork now playing screen saver as well.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Cheap touchscreens compatible with Jivelite and PCP

I have recently upgraded my Raspberry 7 inch screen with a Rasptouch casing, so rendering my experiment environment into living room production.
    And with the ( almost ) perfect support though PCP I am setting my goal to have something similar as bedside set.
    I have no knowledge jet on what Video interface is best for near problem free integration with Jivelite.
    So can anyone help me explain ( link to ) how video is transmitted, and what is, and what is not, of interest of getting jivelite working on it.
    And secondly, links to known good working screens are welcome too.

The smallest 2.4 inch spi screens with resistive touch film might be a good start, but based on price and readability for my ageing eyes, I might go to 5 inch in a later stage.
    I would fancy e-inkt displays, but I do not expect they have the right support and functionality.
    But backlight dimming is important to prevent the lighthouse effect.
    And the pi behind this would be either a zero b+ or 2B, so all with the 40 pin GPIO header, without the DSI interface on the zero of course.

Thanks in advance for your reactions.

Hi M-H,

piCorePlayer really only support the Official RPF 7" screen.

There are so many screens available that supporting them all would be difficult.

regards
    Greg

PiGridSkin and large artwork

Ralphy, the beta package is ready for "prime time".

Thank you for all your work with this.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    piCorePlayer really only support the Official RPF 7" screen.
    There are so many screens available that supporting them all would be difficult.
    Thanks Greg,
    Makes sense that if the HW support isn't in PCP due to the size of code and only needed for particular hardware.
    I have read enough replies from Bela to know the reasons behind that.
    But then HDMI based displays ? They wouldn't need any extra code for output,just a few general settings to match LCD resolution and select skins.
    For about 25 euro's I would get a 5 inch display that has touch functionality, but touch would likely fail in PCP.
    Touch is not fully wasted if I reuse the display in other projects with Jessie.

And for jivelite, are there options to use it with buttons, joysticks, IR or could a mouse be an option ?

jivelite works fine from the hdmi output. mouse and keyboard also work no worries.
    there is a thread here about "slimmer" it uses pCP with buttons and a 16x2 LCD.
    now i have no idea on the how to bits, but if slimmer can use buttons and flirc replicates buttons, what your looking for must be easily doable ??
    Last edited by huxmut; 2017-02-13 at 13:45.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Thanks Greg,
    But then HDMI based displays ? They wouldn't need any extra code for output,just a few general settings to match LCD resolution and select skins.
    For about 25 euro's I would get a 5 inch display that has touch functionality, but touch would likely fail in PCP.
    Touch is not fully wasted if I reuse the display in other projects with Jessie.

And for jivelite, are there options to use it with buttons, joysticks, IR or could a mouse be an option ?
    Good point. What resolution is the 5 inch screen?

I had never thought about a touch screen working through HDMI.

Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    there is a thread here about "slimmer" it uses pCP with buttons and a 16x2 LCD.
    now i have no idea on the how to bits, but if slimmer can use buttons and flirc replicates buttons, what your looking for must be easily doable ??
    Thanks for the tip on slimmer. 16x2 is a bit to slim for me, and I can barely imagine to do jivelite through that !
    But the buttons and rotary encoders are definitely an option I need to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    What resolution is the 5 inch screen?

I had never thought about a touch screen working through HDMI.
    Greg the screens come in various sizes and resolutions , but the 5 inch screens seem to be 800x480.
    The touch functionality comes through unspecified GPIO connections, but I can see it is the 26 pin connector they use.
    And they admit the screen can be used as display only ( no touch ) by any host, but forget to mention how it would be powered then, probably the micro USB.
    Not sure if links to commercial sites are allowed , but searching for 'raspberry lcd hdmi' on ???express gives you a few on the first page.
    There is even a 3.5 inch version with audio out from HDMI but it poses me more questions on the actual connection to the pi as they mention SPI as alternative for HDMI.
    I need to learn a bit more,
    All this give me options to build something small without needing to code. I am happy with PCP as it is serving me well.