Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The line is in the button images of the updated skin. It is in my screen shot, except the WM border hides it. It's there on my rpi displays as well, one hdmi, the other composite.

That happens with the WQVGASmallSkin as well. Running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on all OS versions that I use. My workaround is to cycle through shuffle or repeat modes. That corrects the progress bar display. It happens on the jivelite instance, so the fact that it was still working on the windows jivelite is not related.

I've seen similar just after starting to use jivelite after a reboot. Most likely due to the speed, or lack thereof, on the rpi and/or SD card. I've never seen it when running the skin on my linux PC. The images are much larger in the new version of the skin and they take a while to load. Both VU NP screens use a lot of CPU 60-75% on my B+, add 10-12% for squeezelite and you're pushing the rpi limit without overclocking.
    I think that's the spectral VU meter. If you look closely at my screen shot several of the "lines" are different heights. I've seen the left and right channels appear mirrored when the stream is mono, or is an AC3/DTS encapsulated flac.

Looks like that was caused by increasing the font size. I'll fix that. Thanks.
    Thanks for your answers.

I have a RasPi 2B and the total CPU performance is about 50% with peaks of 60% when using the VU meters. This is with default CPU clock settings, so no overclocking.

I did some more tests regarding the strange spectral VU waveform I noticed. Turns out this happens with high-res source material e.g. 24bit 176.4kHz or higher. As I had the upsampling option for squeezelite enabled in piCorePlayer, even 16bit 44.1kHz material produced these strange waveforms. After disabling upsampling the VU meter looks more "natural".
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-08-29 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Still struggling with the debouncing feature of the FLIRC. I could not use your configuration files for the FLIRC probably because the file format changed between firmware's.
    Have you tried loading an older firmware on the flirc?

Mine is using this version.
    Code:
    root@rpi:~# release/rpi/flirc_util version
    Flirc Version v1.2.2 [v1.2.2]
       2.6 05-14-2014 [0xC84D7913]

root@rpi:~# release/rpi/flirc_util settings
    Settings:
      sleep detection:  Disabled
      noise canceler:   Disabled
      inter-key delay:  3
      state:            0
      builtin profiles: NA

Memory Info:
      keys recorded:  34
      keys remaining: 135
      memory used:   25%
    Here is the keys list, not sure this is of much help though.

I used this wiki reference and the squeezeplay source when I created the config.
    Code:
    Recorded Keys:
    Index  hash        key
    -----  ---------   ---
        0  658E8EC6    h
        1  658EF5F9    Z
        2  658E94E0    B
        3  654A412E    c
        4  658EF3EA    a
        5  654A20E1    p
        6  65D2469D    up
        7  658E7393    left
        8  65D2C436    down
        9  65D22550    right
       10  6506F08A    -
       11  654A433D    =
       12  651677F3    1
       13  654A3F50    2
       14  658E9202    3
       15  658EF10C    4
       16  65D244BF    5
       17  658E90F3    6
       18  65D2E3A5    7
       19  65D242B0    8
       20  65169662    9
       21  65D2C258    0
       22  65D2E178    [
       23  65D2C049    .
       24  65167515    ,
       25  65169435    :
       26  658E6FA6    :
       27  654AA247    Q
       28  65D22341    ;
       29  65167306    [
       30  655AC6B8    C
       31  65D22163    }
       32  651614FC    escape
       33  654A9E6B    `
    I've attached my current config saved from the 2.6 firmware version, in the hopes it might load on the latest.

All my other posted flirc configs were made with a much older firmware version. I don't remember the exact one.

Not all the keys on the slimremote map 1-to-1, here are the exceptions.
    Code:
    Sleep = Escape/Back
    Power = Power (Only from Now Playing screen)
    Search = Current Track Info
    Browse = Music Library
    Size = Stop
    Brightness = Playlists
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ralphy; 2015-08-30 at 05:12. Reason: Added odd slimremote key mapping
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Have you tried loading an older firmware on the flirc?

Mine is using this version.
    [code]root@rpi:~# release/rpi/flirc_util version
    Flirc Version v1.2.2 [v1.2.2]
    2.6 05-14-2014 [0xC84D7913]

I've attached my current config saved from the 2.6 firmware version, in the hopes it might load on the latest.

All my other posted flirc configs were made with a much older firmware version. I don't remember the exact one.
    Managed to revert to firmware/version 1.2.6 with the command line utility (mine was version 1.3.6). Now I could restore your configuration and everything is working as expected. Thanks!

Managed to revert to firmware/version 1.2.6 with the command line utility (mine was version 1.3.6). Now I could restore your configuration and everything is working as expected. Thanks!
    Thank you for confirming that. I've updated the ralphy_jivelite_flirc_map.zip file on github as well.
    Ralphy

Playbar/time indicator sometimes does not advance; Scrolling of title/artist/album name stops. If this happens the Windows version still works OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    That happens with the WQVGASmallSkin as well. Running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on all OS versions that I use. My workaround is to cycle through shuffle or repeat modes. That corrects the progress bar display. It happens on the jivelite instance, so the fact that it was still working on the windows jivelite is not related.
    The progress bar also starts to work again at the next track change. I've attempted several times to track down this problem, but so far no luck.

Thanks for your answers.

I have a RasPi 2B and the total CPU performance is about 50% with peaks of 60% when using the VU meters. This is with default CPU clock settings, so no overclocking.

I did some more tests regarding the strange spectral VU waveform I noticed. Turns out this happens with high-res source material e.g. 24bit 176.4kHz or higher. As I had the upsampling option for squeezelite enabled in piCorePlayer, even 16bit 44.1kHz material produced these strange waveforms. After disabling upsampling the VU meter looks more "natural".
    I tend to forget about the fact that users could be upsampling. Thanks for mentioning it.

I've fixed the elapsed timer position on both VU screens and uploaded a new picoreplayer jivelite.tcz package.

Name:  fixed2.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  42.6 KB
    Ralphy

The progress bar also starts to work again at the next track change. I've attempted several times to track down this problem, but so far no luck.

I tend to forget about the fact that users could be upsampling. Thanks for mentioning it.

I've fixed the elapsed timer position on both VU screens and uploaded a new picoreplayer jivelite.tcz package.

Name:  fixed2.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  42.6 KB
    Updated almost without problems. As I have some other utilities installed on piCorePlayer (nano, htop, mc and minicom and maybe some others I have forgotten) and updated to your latest larger squeezelite (to test some ALAC files), the partition was almost full and JiveLite refused to install. Had to expand the partition but now everything is working OK.

Still struggling with backlight settings (needs minicom) and touchscreen (fbdev) support for the Manga screen as my Linux skills are limited and information for RasPi configuration on the support page are minimal. Will contact the Manga screen developer for more info.

Hi Ralphy

Thanks for your continued support and help. The new version is much more stable than previous versions, I haven't had a crash yet.

I have a few questions:
    1. Where do you find the VU meters, I can't find where to enable them?
    2. If I select "quit" in the main Jivelite page, it only briefly quits to the cli of piCorePlayer, then it starts automatically again. Is that on purpose?

Regards
    Steen
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    Hi Ralphy

Thanks for your continued support and help. The new version is much more stable than previous versions, I haven't had a crash yet.

I have a few questions:
    1. Where do you find the VU meters, I can't find where to enable them?
    2. If I select "quit" in the main Jivelite page, it only briefly quits to the cli of piCorePlayer, then it starts automatically again. Is that on purpose?

Regards
    Steen
    I am not Ralphy ;-) but will try answer your questions.

For the VU meters to work I will quote Ralphy (from the JiveLite GitHub page): "To enable the visualizer now playing screens in 1.19, add a lowercase -v to the Various Input text field at the bottom of the Squeezelite Settings webgui page as the Visualiser support option is broken in 1.19." This worked for me. Multiple presses on the "Now Playing" button on the squeezebox remote will cycle through the different "Now Playing" views including the VU meters.

The automatic restart after quitting JiveLite is by design I think. According to post#21 int this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post826292:
    "Jivelite now exits without saving the new configuration with an error. On picoreplayer jivelite restarts automatically and you won't see the error message."

Regards,
    Arie
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-09-02 at 00:27.

I am not Ralphy ;-) but will try answer your questions.

For the VU meters to work I will quote Ralphy (from the JiveLite GitHub page): "To enable the visualizer now playing screens in 1.19, add a lowercase -v to the Various Input text field at the bottom of the Squeezelite Settings webgui page as the Visualiser support option is broken in 1.19." This worked for me. Multiple presses on the "Now Playing" button on the squeezebox remote will cycle through the different "Now Playing" views including the VU meters.

The automatic restart after quitting JiveLite is by design I think. According to post#21 int this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post826292:
    "Jivelite now exits without saving the new configuration with an error. On picoreplayer jivelite restarts automatically and you won't see the error message."

Regards,
    Arie
    Spot on. Thanks.

Steen, in addition I sent Greg a patch to fix the -v vs -V problem in the squeezelite init.d script again.
    This fix is probably already there, I haven't upgraded to 1.21 yet, and I won't be able to until the end of September.
    Note, that if you restore an old config, you loose the fix as the squeezelite init.d script is saved/restored in the backup/config file.

Also, jivelite remembers the visualizer state, so when you configure the language/skin on first startup, if squeezelite is not running with the -v option jivelite disables access to the visualizer now playing screens. You need to first start squeezelite with -v, then delete /home/tc/.jivelite, Quit jivelite, reconfigure after jivelite restarts. Then save a new config backup.
    Ralphy

How to install FLIRC with Jivelite on Picoreplayer

Hallo,
    I'm running several Picoreplayer, one with Jivelite. Now,i like to use a remote control with FLIRC. I have seen several post about this topic. Can anybody provide a "how to" description for novice users like me?
    1x Picoreplayer with Hifiberry DAC/ADC, 3x Picoreplayer with Jivelite 7" Display und IQaudio DigiAmp+, 4x Picoreplayer wiith 7"Display and Audiophonics Sabre DAC, 2 Picoreplayer 6 b on RPI4 and LMS , Marantz PM-15S1 amplifier