Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Focke_Oeuf View Post
    Thank you for the advice!

I considered this solution too, but I'm kind of old fashioned and not used to used smartphones or tablets to pilot the music in my apartment. Thus the touchscreen...

I'm currently searching an already built case for a 5" touchscreen + Pi + HAT DAC, but so far I'm getting nowhere...

Which leads me to another question regarding the power management for a Pi (probably 3) with a HAT DAC and a touchscreen to power (and plug). Some sites say it's ok, some other recommend to solder directly the power pins to the touchscreen. As a Pi noob, I'm puzzled (and especially do not have the solder equipment at home).

Edit: Sorry maybe not the correct thread to talk about this...
    The Touchscreen (and official case) has a power socket which will also power the Pi. Its OK but is perhaps a third niggle with the case. I will post a photo shortly.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

The power supply enters from the top which is messy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Focke_Oeuf View Post
    \o/

Thank you guys!
    I was intending to put a 5" touchscreen instead of the 7" official one, but I am now wondering if PicorePlayer has limitations in terms of hardware drivers (included in the base distro or not).

Would you know if there are hardware restrictions with PicorePlayer + Jive?
    Hi Focke_Oeuf,

If you use the Raspberry Pi Foundation's official 7" screen things will just work with piCorePlayer.

Ralphy, who maintains squeezelite and jivelite is also on the piCorePlayer Team.

piCorePlayer uses piCore linix which is only 15MB, not 4GB like Raspbian. piCore is an opt-in Linux distribution, you only select the packages that are needed.

There will always be some limitation to what hardware is supported out-of-the-box.

regards
    Greg

Ok so I guess that taking the official 7" touchscreen would make things easier in terms of drivers, OS config and case finding.

Sorry to bother you again, but with PiCore + Jive on a Pi3 + 7" touchscreen, does the HDMI output work for (digital of course) sound only? Or the fact that having a touchscreen plugged in will completely deactivate the HDMI output?

Not sure if I can deactivate the video output from the HDMI while using it for the audio output.

I'm asking that because I can either use a DAC with the Pi or simply use the DAC from my A/V amp.

Touchscreen calibration

I have been using piCorePlayer throughout the house for a while and I love it. I recently updated to the latest version (3.02) and was happy to find that it included jivelite.
    I set up a Pi with an old 800x480 hdmi lcd screen that I had laying around and it works great. The touchscreen works but it needs calibration.
    The jivelite installation includes the ts_calibrate command but I can't run it from the console because I can't quit jivelite. Is there a way to quit jivelite so I can run ts_calibrate, or what would be the proper way to do this?
    I know that it supports the official rpi display, but the display I have seems to work fine, and I would like to use it for testing and convincing the wife.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, and thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by rarroyo View Post
    I have been using piCorePlayer throughout the house for a while and I love it. I recently updated to the latest version (3.02) and was happy to find that it included jivelite.
    I set up a Pi with an old 800x480 hdmi lcd screen that I had laying around and it works great. The touchscreen works but it needs calibration.
    The jivelite installation includes the ts_calibrate command but I can't run it from the console because I can't quit jivelite. Is there a way to quit jivelite so I can run ts_calibrate, or what would be the proper way to do this?
    I know that it supports the official rpi display, but the display I have seems to work fine, and I would like to use it for testing and convincing the wife.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, and thanks for any help.
    You can disable jivelite from the Tweaks tab in the pcp web gui, save the config and then reboot.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that, but it removed all traces of jivelite, which included the ts_calibrate utility.
    Is there a way to leave jivelite installed, but temporarily block it from starting, just to calibrate the screen?
    Maybe comment it out in one of the init.d scripts, I looked for it but could not find where it's being started.
    Last edited by rarroyo; 2016-11-19 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by rarroyo View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that, but it removed all traces of jivelite, which included the ts_calibrate utility.
    Is there a way to leave jivelite installed, but temporarily block it from starting, just to calibrate the screen?
    Maybe comment it out in one of the init.d scripts, I looked for it but could not find where it's being started.
    Sorry, yes that still happens to me from time to time.

Reinstall jivelite.

sudo vi /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg

Change JIVELITE="yes"
    to JIVELITE="no"

Save the change.

Save config and reboot; pcp br

Everything will still be there but jivelite won't be running.

The script that checks this and starts jivelite is /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thank you ralphy. That worked.