Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Hi ralphy:

Thank you so much for your great work. It's just a perfect step.

For the time being I'd like to integrate the fbtft drivers from notro. As you might know this is a bit delicate because the SPI bus has no sensing and there a mostly some parameters for the display and the touchscreen to adjust.

For my opinion the use of the cheap TFT displays is the best way to proper replace a squeezebox touch.

How did you get in touch with sbp for the jivelite integration?

Best regards

Djoop

Reverted UE Radio - Squeezebox Radio - Squeezebox Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    How did you get in touch with sbp for the jivelite integration?

Best regards

Djoop
    Just send them a private message on this forum.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Decided how I am going to use this.
    Location 1 - Bedroom. Pi with HDMI audio into bedroom TV. It has connected amp & speakers.
    Location 2 - Living Room. Pi with Dac+ into my Onkyo AVR. It has zone 2 to a headphone amp. HDMI directly into the TV (not through Onkyo). I shall run it as PIP so SWMBO can watch TV but I can have zone 2 headphones with an on screen now playing or a full screen and sound through speakers when SWMBO is out.
    Anybody see a problem with that?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I tested the updated Now Playing applet from pssc's squeezeplay github repo with jivelite on raspbian and the screen saver kicks in after 10 seconds with it. I'll test it on picoreplayer this weekend and if it works, I'll create a new jivelite.tcz package for picoreplayer.
    Uploaded new jivelite.tcz.

Same procedure to update as in post #21.
    Ralphy

JogglerSkin updates

Here's some screen shots of the JogglerSkin changes if been working on, based on the latest birdslikewires.co.uk squeezeplay for Joggler 800x480 skin.

I'm planning to update the jivelite.tcz package in the next few days and eventually the squeezeplay for windows and osx packages too.

Name:  spectrum.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  51.1 KB
    Name:  vu.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  58.8 KB
    Name:  np1.jpg
Views: 1870
Size:  71.6 KB
    Name:  np2.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  77.3 KB
    Name:  np3.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  46.4 KB

I've fixed several context menu issues and restored functionality from the original WQVGAsmallSkin (Touch default skin) that had been lost/disabled in the JogglerSkin.

Note that on picoreplayer jivelite does not have a border.
    Ralphy

Here's some screen shots of the JogglerSkin changes if been working on, based on the latest birdslikewires.co.uk squeezeplay for Joggler 800x480 skin.

I'm planning to update the jivelite.tcz package in the next few days and eventually the squeezeplay for windows and osx packages too.

I've fixed several context menu issues and restored functionality from the original WQVGAsmallSkin (Touch default skin) that had been lost/disabled in the JogglerSkin.

Note that on picoreplayer jivelite does not have a border.
    Ralphy,

Thanks for your continued support of JiveLite for piCorePlayer. I now have a rudimentary setup with a RasPi/Audiophonics DAC and a Manga Screen (http://wiki.thing-printer.com/index....e=Manga_Screen). This screen has a native resolution of 800x480 and no hardware scaling. The current Joggler skin fits perfect for this resolution, but has some flaws compared to the WQVGASmallSkin on the now playing screen which should be addressed with your update. Looking forward for the update.

Name:  WP_20150813_19_05_12_Pro.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  188.0 KB
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-08-22 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Ralphy,

Thanks for your continued support of JiveLite for piCorePlayer. I now have a rudimentary setup with a RasPi/Audiophonics DAC and a Manga Screen (http://wiki.thing-printer.com/index....e=Manga_Screen). This screen has a native resolution of 800x480 and no hardware scaling. The current Joggler skin fits perfect for this resolution, but has some flaws compared to the WQVGASmallSkin on the now playing screen which should be addressed with your update. Looking forward for the update.
    Nice screen. Thanks for sharing your setup.

I've updated the picoreplayer jivelite.tcz package to include the latest JogglerSkin changes.

Same procedure to update as in post 21.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_Bayliss View Post
    Fixed *Crash* skin working fine, but freezes on certain artwork and terminal locked

Ralphy
    Something you said caused me to look in LMS. Under ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE > ARTWORK RESIZING - my option was set to squeezebox.com.... changed to LMS to re-size artwork and the double logos and crashing are all gone! Thanks.

PiaM
    This is almost certainly the fix for your problem too

(The other problem as the overscan modification made in the piCore config file fixed the resolution issue fbset reports 1920x1080 once set and I can select HD Skin too)
    Great I will test it. Since so many years using LMS it is the first time I recognize this option.

Thank you

Nice screen. Thanks for sharing your setup.

I've updated the picoreplayer jivelite.tcz package to include the latest JogglerSkin changes.

Same procedure to update as in post 21.
    I have updated to the latest JiveLite. Also ordered and installed an official RasPi Power supply (no more under voltage warnings on the screen and the display can now be powered from one of the RasPi's USB ports) and a FLIRC. Everything looks much better compared to the old Joggler skin. Still struggling with the debouncing feature of the FLIRC. I could not use your configuration files for the FLIRC probably because the file format changed between firmware's.

I noticed some minor issues compared to the Windows JiveLite program running the WQVGASmallSkin:

• There is a bright line at bottom of the screen not visible in your screenshots (see attached image)
    • Playbar/time indicator sometimes does not advance; Scrolling of title/artist/album name stops. If this happens the Windows version still works OK.
    • At one time I noticed the track title from the previous song was still visible as some kind of ghosted text behind the current title. I have not seen this since.
    • I am not sure how I should interpret the digital VU meter. It looks like both the left/right channel are displayed and mirrored from the center (see attached image)
    • Total playing time in upper right corner in VU meter mode sometimes does not fit (see attached image)

Name:  WP_20150826_09_47_32_Pro.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  WP_20150826_18_37_11_Pro.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  52.6 KB

There is a bright line at bottom of the screen not visible in your screenshots (see attached image)
    The line is in the button images of the updated skin. It is in my screen shot, except the WM border hides it. It's there on my rpi displays as well, one hdmi, the other composite.
    Playbar/time indicator sometimes does not advance; Scrolling of title/artist/album name stops. If this happens the Windows version still works OK.
    That happens with the WQVGASmallSkin as well. Running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on all OS versions that I use. My workaround is to cycle through shuffle or repeat modes. That corrects the progress bar display. It happens on the jivelite instance, so the fact that it was still working on the windows jivelite is not related.
    At one time I noticed the track title from the previous song was still visible as some kind of ghosted text behind the current title. I have not seen this since.
    I've seen similar just after starting to use jivelite after a reboot. Most likely due to the speed, or lack thereof, on the rpi and/or SD card. I've never seen it when running the skin on my linux PC. The images are much larger in the new version of the skin and they take a while to load. Both VU NP screens use a lot of CPU 60-75% on my B+, add 10-12% for squeezelite and you're pushing the rpi limit without overclocking.
    I am not sure how I should interpret the digital VU meter. It looks like both the left/right channel are displayed and mirrored from the center (see attached image)
    I think that's the spectral VU meter. If you look closely at my screen shot several of the "lines" are different heights. I've seen the left and right channels appear mirrored when the stream is mono, or is an AC3/DTS encapsulated flac.
    Total playing time in upper right corner in VU meter mode sometimes does not fit (see attached image)
    Looks like that was caused by increasing the font size. I'll fix that. Thanks.
    Ralphy