Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralphy
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by philippe_44
    That's really cool !!! Do you think from a memory point of view it would run on an A+
    Jivelite is currently using 56M after running for 24 hours using the visualizer now player screen.

My B+ is using a total of 137M for the entire picoreplayer with jivelite and squeezelite and I haven't unloaded the extra audio card kernel modules not in use.

So yes, it should fix in the memory of the A+.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

• philippe_44
      • May 2008

Jivelite for piCorePlayer

Originally posted by ralphy
      Jivelite is currently using 56M after running for 24 hours using the visualizer now player screen.

My B+ is using a total of 137M for the entire picoreplayer with jivelite and squeezelite and I haven't unloaded the extra audio card kernel modules not in use.

So yes, it should fix in the memory of the A+.
      Sounds good - I have a spare A+ and a display (need to see if this is a compatible one, it is for raspi for sure). Then need to work on case, waiting a bit for suggestion from others how it should look like
      Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-08-04, 15:09.
      LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• ralphy
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PiaM
        Hello Ralphy,

i'm using the latest picoreplayer version with jivelite enabled. So far a very good concept and solution. But I got problems with the integrated jivelite version.

After I select the joggler skin and listen to internet radio jivelite crashed/freezed sometimes. No Inputs are possible then and I need to restart the pi. If I change the skin to a smaller resolution version the freezing happens not so often. It is not possible for me to get any logs, cause I am new to tinycore linux. I read, that jivelite will use syslog but how can I activate it in picoreplayer? Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Pia
        What version of picoreplayer?

What rpi model?

What "sound card" are you using?

I've been running squeezelite, on the internal audio of a B+ and jivelite with the visualizer enabled for 48 hours on version 1.19L.
        I switched between the joggler and 1280x1024 HD skin during this time and jivelite continues to be usable and squeezelite keeps playing.

I'm unable to reproduce a jivelite hang.
        Ralphy

Comment

• PiaM
          • Feb 2011

What version of picoreplayer?

What rpi model?

What "sound card" are you using?

I've been running squeezelite, on the internal audio of a B+ and jivelite with the visualizer enabled for 48 hours on version 1.19L.
          I switched between the joggler and 1280x1024 HD skin during this time and jivelite continues to be usable and squeezelite keeps playing.

I'm unable to reproduce a jivelite hang.
          Sorry my mistake, it is the 1.19L on an Pi 2B - display with 800x480 so I choosed the joggler skin. The soundcard is an external usb dac. Squeezelite still plays fine if the jivelite freezing occurs.
          Another crazy behavior happens to the cover in the NowPlaying view. Sometimes one pic is displayed two times in one (cover becomes cover|cover). This happens by listening to a tunein radio station. But nevertheless thank you for your answer. I think I will try an reinstall. Maybe something went wrong with some libraries or so.

Comment

• Dean_Bayliss
            • Aug 2014

PiCore/Jivelite Freeze

Hi

I have had exactly the same problem. Happy to provide whatever diagnostics feedback that would help. I can't find the syslog or error files. I have tried with every version of of PiCore with jivelight enabled, blowing a new card each time. I have tried and currently the set up is:

PiCore Version: 1.19l
            LMS Version: 7.8.0 Running on RPI Model B
            Hardware: RPI Model B & RPI Model 2B - 3A PSU
            Skin: Joggler & HD
            Audio : RPi analogue
            Options: None selected apart from Jivelite
            wifi: None
            Display : Sony KDL-40W4500

The symptoms are:
            Works fine, on some MP3s (ebedded artwork), but say choose BBC Radio 6 Music on triodes BBCiPlayer - the logo will come up as squashed in the horizonal direction and repeated twice. Try of the stored logos such as "/plugins/RadioTime/html/images/podcasts_25x25.png" displays fine. The frozen image happens when you are using joggler and the art work changes to what I suspect is something it does not support and the display freezes. Squeezelite just carries on. The HDSkin crashes as soon as you select in the menu.

I assume this has to be the interaction with the display as I've tried on 2x Pis and different versions of the release and other people get it to work. The spec says Display Resolution 1920x1080 HDMI does 1080/24p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p, 480i. One thought I've had is the display tries to switch between modes, when the "special" art work comes up, and it then holds the frame and won't reset - I'm not convinced that the frame buffer/process has crashed. The TV has no way to fix the mode.

Actually jivelite is running at 3% when on the menu but as soon as the artwork triggers the problem it drops to zero cpu, but the process exists

fbset
            mode "1824x984-0"
            #D: 0.000MHz, H: 0.000kHz, V:0.000 Hz
            geometry 1824 984 1824 984 16
            timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            accel false
            rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
            endmode

Does any of that help?

Comment

• ralphy
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dean_Bayliss
              Hi

I have had exactly the same problem. Happy to provide whatever diagnostics feedback that would help. I can't find the syslog or error files. I have tried with every version of of PiCore with jivelight enabled, blowing a new card each time. I have tried and currently the set up is:

PiCore Version: 1.19l
              LMS Version: 7.8.0 Running on RPI Model B
              Hardware: RPI Model B & RPI Model 2B - 3A PSU
              Skin: Joggler & HD
              Audio : RPi analogue
              Options: None selected apart from Jivelite
              wifi: None
              Display : Sony KDL-40W4500

The symptoms are:
              Works fine, on some MP3s (ebedded artwork), but say choose BBC Radio 6 Music on triodes BBCiPlayer - the logo will come up as squashed in the horizonal direction and repeated twice. Try of the stored logos such as "/plugins/RadioTime/html/images/podcasts_25x25.png" displays fine. The frozen image happens when you are using joggler and the art work changes to what I suspect is something it does not support and the display freezes. Squeezelite just carries on. The HDSkin crashes as soon as you select in the menu.

I assume this has to be the interaction with the display as I've tried on 2x Pis and different versions of the release and other people get it to work. The spec says Display Resolution 1920x1080 HDMI does 1080/24p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p, 480i. One thought I've had is the display tries to switch between modes, when the "special" art work comes up, and it then holds the frame and won't reset - I'm not convinced that the frame buffer/process has crashed. The TV has no way to fix the mode.

Actually jivelite is running at 3% when on the menu but as soon as the artwork triggers the problem it drops to zero cpu, but the process exists

fbset
              mode "1824x984-0"
              #D: 0.000MHz, H: 0.000kHz, V:0.000 Hz
              geometry 1824 984 1824 984 16
              timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
              accel false
              rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
              endmode

Does any of that help?
              Thank you for the detailed report.

There are no logs available from jivelite on picoreplayer.

There are two events that change the fb video mode during jivelite operation.

1. Displaying the JiveLite Splash screen.
              2. At initialization of the selected skin.

Jivelite does not change the screen resolution when displaying artwork, LMS resizes the image to fit the display area of the skin.

I have reproduced the crash when selecting a skin with a resolution larger than my screen supports. ie. selecting the 1920x1080 HD skin when my monitor only does 1280x1024. After the crash I had to reboot before the framebuffer works again. Even the consoles are toast.

I've fixed the crash on selection of a skin which tries to use an unavailable or not supported video mode of the display.

Jivelite now exits without saving the new configuration with an error. On picoreplayer jivelite restarts automatically and you won't see the error message.

I'm unable to reproduce the image resizing crash in the joggler skin.

To update jivelite.

1. Navigate to the picoreplayer tweaks page, disable jivelite, save, reboot.
              2. Navigate to the picoreplayer tweaks page, enable jivelite, save, reboot.
              3. Reconfigure jivelite from the console.
              4. After reconfigure Quit jivelite for the changes to be applied. Jivelite will restart with the new settings or ask to reconfigure if the last config failed.
              Ralphy

Comment

• Dean_Bayliss
                • Aug 2014

Ralphy

Thanks. I did just try something, which was to make disable_overscan=1 in (boot) config.txt. fbset shows 1920x1080 and allows me to select the HD skin. However at some point either skins crash, but without any logs I'm not sure how to trouble shoot. I don't think this is piCore or your integration? Perhaps i'd be best off building it for raspian and fixing from the logs there and feedback. My time being spent on building the AV room at present, so I will be a little slow on feedback (different screen to be ordered - might be the quickest way to fix!).

If you can think of anything I can do to help let me know - is the Raspian thing a useful thing to do?

Comment

• d6jg
                  • Feb 2011

Had a play with this yesterday. Nice work.
                  Only issue was that I couldn't switch to the 1920x1080 HD Skin for some reason but it operates on 1280x1024 sort of OK.
                  Is there a recommended remote control solution as yet ? Not 100% sure it needs one after set up but ..
                  Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                  Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                  Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                  Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                  Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                  Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                  Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• ralphy
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by d6jg
                    Had a play with this yesterday. Nice work.
                    Only issue was that I couldn't switch to the 1920x1080 HD Skin for some reason but it operates on 1280x1024 sort of OK.
                    Is there a recommended remote control solution as yet ? Not 100% sure it needs one after set up but ..
                    The SDL framework used by jivelite can't set the resolution to 1920x1080. That's why it was crashing when you selected the skin originally.
                    From fbset you resolution is 1824x984.

I use a flirc usb dongle. See the README.md on github for details. If you don't have a slimdevices remote, you can program the flirc to use any remote.

The URL is in post #1 of this thread.
                    Ralphy

Comment

• d6jg
                      • Feb 2011

The SDL framework used by jivelite can't set the resolution to 1920x1080. That's why it was crashing when you selected the skin originally.
                      From fbset you resolution is 1824x984.

I use a flirc usb dongle. See the README.md on github for details. If you don't have a slimdevices remote, you can program the flirc to use any remote.

The URL is in post #1 of this thread.
                      Thanks Ralphy. I think pCP with Jivelite is going to do exactly what I want in one (or perhaps two) location(s). I have ordered a Flirc USB and see that you provide a sample config file. Is that all that is required ? And where do I put it ?
                      Jim

Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

• Dean_Bayliss
                        • Aug 2014

Fixed *Crash* skin working fine, but freezes on certain artwork and terminal locked

Ralphy
                        Something you said caused me to look in LMS. Under ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE > ARTWORK RESIZING - my option was set to squeezebox.com.... changed to LMS to re-size artwork and the double logos and crashing are all gone! Thanks.

PiaM
                        This is almost certainly the fix for your problem too

(The other problem as the overscan modification made in the piCore config file fixed the resolution issue fbset reports 1920x1080 once set and I can select HD Skin too)

Comment

• ralphy
                          • Jan 2006

Thanks Ralphy. I think pCP with Jivelite is going to do exactly what I want in one (or perhaps two) location(s). I have ordered a Flirc USB and see that you provide a sample config file. Is that all that is required ? And where do I put it ?
                          You load the flirc config file on the dongle using the flirc utility. Note that my config files only works with the slimdevices remotes.
                          Ralphy

Comment

• d6jg
                            • Feb 2011

You load the flirc config file on the dongle using the flirc utility. Note that my config files only works with the slimdevices remotes.

Brilliant. Thanks.

I do have quite a few Slimdevice remotes :-)
                            Jim

Comment

• d6jg
                              • Feb 2011

Flirc all up and running but need to ask another question.

If I change the screensaver delay to 10 secs it doesn't seem to apply and still kicks in on the default 30 secs. Where is the Jivelite config file ? I'd like to see if the change is being properly written. The onscreen display remembers it as 10 seconds Ok but is that being read in from a different place ?

EDIT Scratch that. Just read elsewhere that there is a bug in the screensaver code that gives this effect on the top level menu.
                              Last edited by d6jg; 2015-08-11, 21:58.
                              Jim

Comment

• ralphy
                                • Jan 2006

If I change the screensaver delay to 10 secs it doesn't seem to apply and still kicks in on the default 30 secs. Where is the Jivelite config file ? I'd like to see if the change is being properly written. The onscreen display remembers it as 10 seconds Ok but is that being read in from a different place ?
                                For future reference the jivelite config files are in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath on picoreplayer and are saved in the picoreplayer config file.

EDIT Scratch that. Just read elsewhere that there is a bug in the screensaver code that gives this effect on the top level menu.
                                I tested the updated Now Playing applet from pssc's squeezeplay github repo with jivelite on raspbian and the screen saver kicks in after 10 seconds with it. I'll test it on picoreplayer this weekend and if it works, I'll create a new jivelite.tcz package for picoreplayer.
                                Ralphy

Comment

Working...