Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 152 of 153 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1524
    Not sure, you might try doing some reading on the rpi forums. Iĺm a bit too busy to hunt right now.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I discovered if I use dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-3d,noaudio instead of vc4-kms-3d,noaudio the bcm2835 hdmi audio works at 192khz....but no /dev/cec so cec-ctl fails. Something different between fkms and kms. Below are the steps I followed..

piCorePlayer8.0.0 32-bit version
    * switch to Beta mode at the bottom of the Main page of the piCorePlayer 5 webgui.
    * resize filesystem to 500MB
    * switch squeezelite to HDMI audio
    * switch wifi OFF
    * Install Jivelite from the webgui Tweaks Tab->Jivelite Setup, reboot and configure jivelite (pcp-jivelite.tcz)
    * Set Jivelite rotation to ZERO
    * Install IR Remote Control for Jivelite from the Tweaks TAB | IR Page | Kernel Keytables | Install IR-tools for Jivelite (installs pcp-irtools.tcz)
    * Squeezelite settings, set audio to HDMI
    /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "TV" -o hw:CARD=b1,DEV=0 -a 80:4:16:0: -c pcm -r 192000 -v -W
    * Modify config.txt from ssh command line
    mount /mnt/mmcblk0p1
    cd /mnt/mmcblk0p1
    vi config.txt
    #gpu_mem=16
    disable_overscan=1
    framebuffer_width=1920
    framebuffer_height=1080
    hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
    dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,noaudio
    #hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
    #audio_pwm_mode=2
    * Install cec-ctl from Extensions | Available | v4l2-utils.tcz
    * Type the following in Tweaks | User Commands -> cec-ctl --playback

The CEC approach that I documented relies on the new KMS and cannot work with the f (for fake) fKMS.

That does not mean that it is impossible to do but it is harder and not something that I plan to work on.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    I suspect not. Raspberry pi only certifies a few if not only one screen officially. Plus pCP and Jivelite aren't your run of the mill software. There is no routine to 'calibrate' the touch screen in piCorePlayer.

Of course all of this is to the best of my knowledge which is limited. You can always give the OSOYOO screens a try if you can find them. I've got three of them and they all worked perfectly out of the box with the exception of rotating them 180 degrees. A bit nicer package too. Black edges. Nothing sticking out if you want to flush mount them.

Howard
    Hi Howard, or any other one that can help me...

Then not finding a way to calbrate the screen, I bought a Waveshare 7 inch on amazon.
    To be sure that everything is reset, i redeploy a new pcore 8.0, edit the config.txt and add the lines that Waveshare tells to add, install javelite.. and nothing of the screen...
    I tried to set resolution for jivelite in the tweaks tab to 1024x600.. from there i can see the lofo when jivelite starts, but not centered.. then the frist config menu appears and it's like the left margin i almost on the right of the screen.
    I have tried resolution 0x0 1024x800 1024x600 800x600, either the screen displays nothing, or it is not centered.... I have also tried to rotate.. no change...

Please help, because it it has to work OOTB, i have a big issue...

yves

Quote Originally Posted by audiofool View Post
    I discovered if I use dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-3d,noaudio instead of vc4-kms-3d,noaudio the bcm2835 hdmi audio works at 192khz....but no /dev/cec so cec-ctl fails. Something different between fkms and kms. Below are the steps I followed..
    The fake KMS driver doesn't have the audio driver in it either. The noaudio flag is not doing anything in that case. Best to dig over on the rpi forums, there is likely some info over there.

VuMeters always at full scale

Hi

When playing Dsf files, the Vumeters always goes to the top of the scale and stay there. Without moving.

When the music stops they return to the minimum.

There is anything I could try ?

AFAIK, DSF/DSD won't work with software VU meters.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    AFAIK, DSF/DSD won't work with software VU meters.
    OK Paul

Hope it's included in new releases.

Thanks

Unlikely. Dsd is not decoded by squeezelite, it is sent directly to to the sound hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Unlikely. Dsd is not decoded by squeezelite, it is sent directly to to the sound hardware.
    Ok Paul

I understand the impossibility of evaluating the level of a DSD signal without decoding it.