Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 132 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    The title says it all. The Jivelite screensaver VU's only appear in the screensaver settings when the player is connected over Ethernet. Reboot the player using WiFi and they don't appear or work. Go back to Ethernet and they are back and working.

Any thoughts. I really like the Blue VU.

Thanks,

Howard
    Is this on pCP? I wonder if you need to configure Jivelite separately for WiFi and ethernet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If you mean boot it on WiFi and try setting Jivelite then....that's a good question. I'll certainly give it a try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is this on pCP? I wonder if you need to configure Jivelite separately for WiFi and ethernet.

Gave it a shot. No change.

Thanks

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

If you mean boot it on WiFi and try setting Jivelite then....that's a good question. I'll certainly give it a try.
    On the Pi the Wifi and Ethernet have different MAC address and therefor a different player ID in LMS. So you can go to "select player" in JiveLite and see if there's another player to select?

Ethernet and wifi have different mac addresses, jivelite retains mac addresses, so when you switch, it thinks it is not the local player. Switching between wifi and ethernet will always cause problems. Get connected to whatever network connection you are going to use, then go to the pCP web interface, in the jivelite section on the tweaks page, there is a reset button. That will completely reset jivelite, and then you should be able to reconfigure everything and get VU meters working.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks Paul. One last question, of course. Is they a file that stores the Jivelite set up so I don't have to redo all my menus, etc.?

Thanks again,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Ethernet and wifi have different mac addresses, jivelite retains mac addresses, so when you switch, it thinks it is not the local player. Switching between wifi and ethernet will always cause problems. Get connected to whatever network connection you are going to use, then go to the pCP web interface, in the jivelite section on the tweaks page, there is a reset button. That will completely reset jivelite, and then you should be able to reconfigure everything and get VU meters working.

Thanks Jereone2. There is a duplicate player, but it won't connect to the server. I always assumed it was just an residual address.

Thanks,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    On the Pi the Wifi and Ethernet have different MAC address and therefor a different player ID in LMS. So you can go to "select player" in JiveLite and see if there's another player to select?

Can I get Jivelite screen saver to ignore .db files?

I'm using Jivelite slideshow screen saver. For some reason it tries to display the .db files that Windows uses to display thumbnails, etc..
    Is there a way to ignore those files?

Thanks,

Howard

I'm using Jivelite slideshow screen saver. For some reason it tries to display the .db files that Windows uses to display thumbnails, etc..
    Is there a way to ignore those files?

Thanks,

Howard
    Which source are using with the ImageViewer plugin? Local media storage or URL list.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Local media storage mnt/music

It looks through all of my music folders and the artists folder.

Thanks

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Which source are using with the ImageViewer plugin? Local media storage or URL list.