Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1369
    yes, it's indeed an attempt to outsmart the timer issue which happens every 20 days 4 hours.

But it seems that I have additional cases when Jivelite is not reacting to commands from Squeezelite or LMS. For example, the player starts in the morning (because of the alarm clock) but the screen is still black.

But I haven't investigated deeper into these issues because it happens at irregular intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by jd68 View Post
    yes, it's indeed an attempt to outsmart the timer issue which happens every 20 days 4 hours.

But it seems that I have additional cases when Jivelite is not reacting to commands from Squeezelite or LMS. For example, the player starts in the morning (because of the alarm clock) but the screen is still black.

But I haven't investigated deeper into these issues because it happens at irregular intervals.
    Is jivelite affected by the reboot issue? I only recently added jivelite to pCP and didn't even consider it. What are the consequences for pCP?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don't know what "reboot issue" you mean.

Jivelite just stops (or hangs) after 24 days and 20 hours because of "timer overflow". The cron job shall restart Jivelite so that the timer starts from 0 and never reaches its maximum value.

Jivelite just stops (or hangs) after 24 days and 20 hours because of "timer overflow". The cron job shall restart Jivelite so that the timer starts from 0 and never reaches its maximum value.
    The Touch and the Radio and other Squeezeplay players all reboot after 24 days and 20 hours. I didn't know about the Jivelite issue though and have not seen it mentioned before.

The root cause is the same and it is still in Jivelite as mentioned by Ralphy in this thread:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113247-piCorePlayer-6-and-watchdog-timer&p=994917&viewfull=1#post994917

The root cause is the same and it is still in Jivelite as mentioned by Ralphy in this thread:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113247-piCorePlayer-6-and-watchdog-timer&p=994917&viewfull=1#post994917
    Thanks, I have now added the Cron job to restart Jivelite twice a month.

It is likely there is another issue which affects Jivelite also. I discussed this with Ralphy some time ago but never found a solution.

The time it took to appear was hours to many days (never anything like 24) but only on screensaver (Photos or Clock) a once a week reboot has virtually but not completely eliminated it

Jeff

Edit: A change from random to sequential photos also improved the crash frequency

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

limit jivelite to attached pCP/squeezelite?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I couldn't find anything via search...

I am running pCP v7.0.1, happily playing music via a hifiberry dac. Thinking about adding Jivelite for a touchscreen experience.

Is there any way to have Jivelite only control the local squeezelite player, and not give a list of all players? I am putting this in the guest room, and even though we don't have guests right now, when we do I'd like them to just control the player they are using and not any others in the house.

EDIT: Looks like I can hide "choose player" from the main menu, but would like to start jivelite and pass in a player id/name so it doesn't somehow jump to wrong player.

Thanks for any ideas.

TomS
    Last edited by TomS; 2021-02-12 at 13:41.
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Note sure, but I believe hiding it is your best best. Once you have your touch screen set up the way you want and all of the menus the way you want, be sure to go to Settings and then piCorePlayer to save your changes. The player will always start where you left off. I doubt any of your guests will now about un-hiding menu options.

Don;t forget to "Hide" sync options too.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I couldn't find anything via search...

I am running pCP v7.0.1, happily playing music via a hifiberry dac. Thinking about adding Jivelite for a touchscreen experience.

Is there any way to have Jivelite only control the local squeezelite player, and not give a list of all players? I am putting this in the guest room, and even though we don't have guests right now, when we do I'd like them to just control the player they are using and not any others in the house.

EDIT: Looks like I can hide "choose player" from the main menu, but would like to start jivelite and pass in a player id/name so it doesn't somehow jump to wrong player.

Thanks for any ideas.

TomS

VU meters only work when player is connected over Ethernet....

The title says it all. The Jivelite screensaver VU's only appear in the screensaver settings when the player is connected over Ethernet. Reboot the player using WiFi and they don't appear or work. Go back to Ethernet and they are back and working.

Any thoughts. I really like the Blue VU.

Thanks,

Howard