Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slackhead View Post
    Thanks.

That begs the question - is piCorePlayer using Triode's (lua-jit based) Jivelite or Ralphy's (lua) Jivelite ?
    piCorePlayer Jivelite is using lua.

I also include the lua interpreter in the pcp tcz so anyone can run lua scripts.

$ /opt/jivelite/bin/lua
    Lua 5.1.1T-int-lno Copyright (C) 1994-2006 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
    >
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Some observations

Well, I just managed to get Jivelite working on my picoreplayer and all I can say to begin is a big thanks! It is really slick and a huge enhancement. I have just a few observations. I'm using 1.21g with a RPi2 with a HiFiBerry DAC+ and official RPi 7" touchscreen.

* I couldn't do the in situ upgrade...maybe because I was using Ralphy's squeezelite. After re-imaging, Ralphy's squeezelite still can't be installed to work either. No big deal since the default squeezelite seems to work fine (though I guess it would be nice to have the native ALAC support).
    * It was bothering me that I couldn't save my Jivelite config settings...but as I discovered (and now see a post here as well) doing a Backup from the pCP Main page does the trick.
    * It would be nice to be able to set the screensaver to use Image Browser (in Extras) in addition to Image Viewer. Image Viewer requires pictures to be on a server and to create a .lst file to point to each and every image (which I finally managed to make practical with a script), whereas Image Browser can access files in an ordinary folder on the LMS (which is more convenient). BTW, Flikr support is nice, but the pictures come across in low res even though the files I uploaded are the same as the ones I access through Image Viewer.
    * I too would really love to have visualizations and a clock supported--and to have the backlight turn off when using screen blanking. Weather would be my only other request (well, for now).
    * This isn't a Jivelite comment per se, but I spent literally a couple of hours trying to figure out why I was getting bad crackle in some of my tracks after upgrading from 1.19 to 1.21g. After doing some direct comparisons with another pCP running 1.19 I realized that the output levels at 100% volume on 1.21g sounded louder. So I cut the digital volume down to 85% and it cured the crackle. I wasn't expecting this since I have always run my Squeezeboxes at 100% digital volume without issue. If I run 1.21g at > 85% digital volume I get crackle. Again, no big deal...problem solved...but just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    piCorePlayer Jivelite is using lua.
    Thanks Ralphy - that's what I thought. So it should be possible to get the Custom Clock applet working with a little effort?

I guess I need to buy a licence from Erland and see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gildahl View Post
    Well, I just managed to get Jivelite working on my picoreplayer and all I can say to begin is a big thanks! It is really slick and a huge enhancement. I have just a few observations. I'm using 1.21g with a RPi2 with a HiFiBerry DAC+ and official RPi 7" touchscreen.

* I couldn't do the in situ upgrade...maybe because I was using Ralphy's squeezelite. After re-imaging, Ralphy's squeezelite still can't be installed to work either. No big deal since the default squeezelite seems to work fine (though I guess it would be nice to have the native ALAC support).
    * It was bothering me that I couldn't save my Jivelite config settings...but as I discovered (and now see a post here as well) doing a Backup from the pCP Main page does the trick.
    * It would be nice to be able to set the screensaver to use Image Browser (in Extras) in addition to Image Viewer. Image Viewer requires pictures to be on a server and to create a .lst file to point to each and every image (which I finally managed to make practical with a script), whereas Image Browser can access files in an ordinary folder on the LMS (which is more convenient). BTW, Flikr support is nice, but the pictures come across in low res even though the files I uploaded are the same as the ones I access through Image Viewer.
    * I too would really love to have visualizations and a clock supported--and to have the backlight turn off when using screen blanking. Weather would be my only other request (well, for now).
    * This isn't a Jivelite comment per se, but I spent literally a couple of hours trying to figure out why I was getting bad crackle in some of my tracks after upgrading from 1.19 to 1.21g. After doing some direct comparisons with another pCP running 1.19 I realized that the output levels at 100% volume on 1.21g sounded louder. So I cut the digital volume down to 85% and it cured the crackle. I wasn't expecting this since I have always run my Squeezeboxes at 100% digital volume without issue. If I run 1.21g at > 85% digital volume I get crackle. Again, no big deal...problem solved...but just an observation.
    I agree with the clock and weather - I'll be curious if someone gets CustomClock working. I am seriously considering switching from my current SoA configuration to PiCorePlayer with Ralphy's JiveLite LUA version. If I could get CustomClock working, that would then allow me to update one of the CustomClock screens for Clock and Weather tied to SuperDateTime.

piCorePlayer specifc menu for JiveLite

@Ralphy or other people with lua knowledge.

Would it be possible to create a piCorePlayer specific menu for JiveLite with an option to save the JiveLite settings (or the /home/tc directory) to SD card? Something like this mockup:

Name:  2015-11-25 19_34_17-SqueezePlay.png
Views: 1191
Size:  37.5 KB

This way users can save their JiveLite configuration without using the Backup button on the piCorePlayer web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    I agree with the clock and weather - I'll be curious if someone gets CustomClock working. I am seriously considering switching from my current SoA configuration to PiCorePlayer with Ralphy's JiveLite LUA version. If I could get CustomClock working, that would then allow me to update one of the CustomClock screens for Clock and Weather tied to SuperDateTime.
    flysurfer, the creator of Max2Play, has already a working version of a clock in combination with Raplhy's version of JiveLite. See this post for information and some images.

Visualizer not working

I just received a Pi2, hifiberry dac+, an official pi display and a pimoroni case last night. I quickly put everything together and loaded picoreplayer 1.21g rpi2 on an SD card.

Everything works like a charm now. I initially got slow response when selecting genre or album, but I suspect it was due to poor wireless signal while loading album thumbnails.

However, I can't find how to get visualizers working. I enabled the Jivelite option on the tweaks page. Config file on The About tab shows VISUALISER="yes". Pressing "more" beside squeezelite command string on the Squezelite tab shows that the -v option is there.

Touching the now playing screen cycles through text only, artwork, and artwork+text.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Blackhawk; 2015-11-25 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    I just received a Pi2, hifiberry dac+, an official pi display and a pimoroni case last night. I quickly put everything together and loaded picoreplayer 1.21g rpi2 on an SD card.

Everything works like a charm now. I initially got slow response when selecting genre or album, but I suspect it was due to poor wireless signal while loading album thumbnails.

However, I can't find how to get visualizers working. I enabled the Jivelite option on the tweaks page. Config file on The About tab shows VISUALISER="yes". Pressing "more" beside squeezelite command string on the Squezelite tab shows that the -v option is there.

Touching the now playing screen cycles through text only, artwork, and artwork+text.

What am I missing?
    Can you confirm that on the 'Settings -> Screen -> Now Playing -> Now Playing Views' window all checkboxes are checked?

Name:  2015-11-26_08-29-48.png
Views: 1137
Size:  46.2 KB

Jivelite support for alternative touchscreen

I like the look of this 10.1" HD screen but need to know first whether Jivelite would support it WRT touch and screen resolution (1280x800)

http://uk.kano.me/products/screen-kit

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Can you confirm that on the 'Settings -> Screen -> Now Playing -> Now Playing Views' window all checkboxes are checked?
    I only have the first three options showing. Spectrum Analyzer and Analog Vue Meter are not showing up, so I cannot select them.