Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1369
    Mine is running on the same pi as LMS. The only thing I can think of that is different is not being on a network.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Not sure what's happening. I just started a rescan on both pcp 7.0 32bit and 64bit using that menu.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    In my case, the pCP/Jivelite/squeezelite is not connected to LMS running on the same RPi. Would that make a difference?
    To answer my own question.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to LMS running on the same RPi, then Settings > Advanced > gives a menu option to "Rescan Music Library" this works no problem.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to another instance of LMS then there is no menu option to "Rescan Music Library" at Settings > Advanced.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to another instance of LMS then there is a menu option to "Rescan LMS Media Library" at Settings > piCorePlayer, but this results in the message "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server"
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

In my case Squeezelite is running on the same pi as LMS. The menu is there, but I get the "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server" message.

Howard

To answer my own question.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to LMS running on the same RPi, then Settings > Advanced > gives a menu option to "Rescan Music Library" this works no problem.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to another instance of LMS then there is no menu option to "Rescan Music Library" at Settings > Advanced.

If the squeezelite instance is connected to another instance of LMS then there is a menu option to "Rescan LMS Media Library" at Settings > piCorePlayer, but this results in the message "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server"

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    In my case Squeezelite is running on the same pi as LMS. The menu is there, but I get the "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server" message.

Howard
    Where are you looking?

Settings > Advanced? or

Settings > piCorePlayer?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Settings > picoplayer

Where are you looking?

Settings > Advanced? or

Settings > piCorePlayer?

I've managed to fix my Jivelite problems, after a lot of trial and error

I use docker containers to run my LMS, and the problem was I could access the player from my LMS, but could not get the player to work with the screen, it would not find a player or LMS.

I did manage a hack to it, which entailed installing LMS on the player and then remote mounting my music from my main LMS. But this just seemed all wrong.

Any way it makes a difference which container you use, as I was using containers before the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver container was made I used this 1 dlandon/logitechmediaserver. I might well change to the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver one yet.

If you compare the 2 run commands you will notice that lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver has a udp port listed!

And yes that was the missing port, so if you're running a container and intend to use Jivelite the please make sure these ports are mapped - -p 9000:9000/tcp, 9090:9090/tcp , 3483:3483/tcp ,3483:3483/udp .

All is working well now!

Nice VU meters

Hi,

I found some very nice looking VU meters. I have them already working for some time on my system.

Have a look here:

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-181-11004-2.html#74

Regards

Can't see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Can't see them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-01-16 at 04:03.

Thanks