Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1189
    Quote Originally Posted by tastewar View Post
    Situation: 2 PiCorePlayers, one running LMS Server (let's call this one "S"), the other just Squeezelite with Jivelite with 7" touchscreen LCD ("C"). Has been working fine for quite some time, but now, Jivelite apparently no longer sees the LMS server, but Squeezelite does and vice-versa.

Confession: A few days ago, I did make some changes to my network. C used to be plugged into an Apple TimeCapsule with built-in ethernet switch. I swapped this out for a small Ubiquiti switch, which allows per-port VLAN configuration. The port that C is plugged into, however, has no restrictions on it. C and S are on the same VLAN, same subnet, etc. IP connectivity is fine. Name resolution works just fine, though I don't think that matters.

I have since updated all the software on C and the version of LMS on S. I have removed and re-added Jivelite. Still nothing.

So I am suspicious that something is not working as expected network-wise, but I don't know what. There is no routing involved, and as I said, IP connectivity is straightforward and works fine as far as I can tell. I just don't know what to look at next. Can someone describe how Jivelite discovers LMS and what I need to check on to see what's working/failing?
    What are the symptoms of Jivelite not seeing LMS, what do you see on the screen?

What do you see if you go to My Music > Switch Library?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by tastewar View Post
    Situation: 2 PiCorePlayers, one running LMS Server (let's call this one "S"), the other just Squeezelite with Jivelite with 7" touchscreen LCD ("C"). Has been working fine for quite some time, but now, Jivelite apparently no longer sees the LMS server, but Squeezelite does and vice-versa.

Confession: A few days ago, I did make some changes to my network. C used to be plugged into an Apple TimeCapsule with built-in ethernet switch. I swapped this out for a small Ubiquiti switch, which allows per-port VLAN configuration. The port that C is plugged into, however, has no restrictions on it. C and S are on the same VLAN, same subnet, etc. IP connectivity is fine. Name resolution works just fine, though I don't think that matters.

I have since updated all the software on C and the version of LMS on S. I have removed and re-added Jivelite. Still nothing.

So I am suspicious that something is not working as expected network-wise, but I don't know what. There is no routing involved, and as I said, IP connectivity is straightforward and works fine as far as I can tell. I just don't know what to look at next. Can someone describe how Jivelite discovers LMS and what I need to check on to see what's working/failing?
    Jivelite stores bits of the network configuration.

Start by going to the tweaks tab in the pcp web gui and reset the jivelite configuration. You'll have to reconfigure jivelite afterwards.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hi Ralphy,

I've finished evaluating your mod for the "When off not being detected" problem.

Sorry to take so long, I thought I found an inconsistency due to having one pCP with Touchscreen and one with HDMI out as they behave differently before and after the mod !

Here are my results, first two are 6.0.0 Standard with and without Touchscreen the second two are pCP 6.0.0 Audio with and without touchscreen but they behave exactly as 6.0.0 so can be ignored I believe.

Basically it seems if you have a touchscreen you need to enable "Enable Power Button when Off" for the remote to work correctly.
    If you have HDMI you need to enable the "Enable Power Button when Off" AND perform the mod to get SS's to work correctly.

Sorry if this is mixing two issues but as I said I have one of each system !

pCP 6.0.0 on Rpi2 with Touchscreen
    Code:
    Resize whole card
    "Beta Functions"
    NTP Server (My network disallows NTP outbound)
    Install JL
    Install IR Key Tables (Default SB3)
    Setup JL
    Time/Date display
    SS's
    NP = NP
    Stopped = Digital Clock (Black)
    When Off = Word Clock

Setup GPIO 13 (To monitor On/Off)
    Save to SD
    All SS work as they should Play/Stopped/Off
    Power Button on Remote toggle fails

Perform Mod

Quit/Restart JL
    No Change in behaviour (Power Button on Remote still only briefly powers on JL)

pcp br

Changed "Enable Power Button when Off" to ON
    Everything behaves correctly now
    Save to SD
    Hard powered down
    Everything behaves correctly on reboot
    pCP 6.0.0 on Rpi2 with HDMI TV
    Code:
    Disconnected RPi TS ribbon cable
    Resize whole card
    "Beta Functions"
    Install JL
    Setup JL
    Time/Date display
    SS's
    NP = NP
    When Off = Word Clock
    Only Play/Stopped SS work as they should, Off is NOT detected
    Power Button on Remote power toggle WORKS correctly

Perform "Mods"

Quit/Restart JL
    All SS work as they should Play/Stopped/Off now
    POWER BUTTON ON REMOTE NOW ONLY BRIEFLY POWERS ON JL

pcp br

Changed "Enable Power Button when Off" to ON (Even though No touchscreen attached)
    Save to SD
    Hard powered down

pCP 6.0.0 AUDIO on Rpi2 with Touchscreen
    Code:
    Resize whole card
    "Beta Functions"
    Install JL
    Setup JL
    Time/Date display
    SS's
    NP = NP
    When Off = Word Clock

Setup GPIO 13 (To monitor On/Off)
    Save to SD
    All SS work as they should Play/Stopped/Off
    Power Button on Remote toggle fails

Perform Mods

Quit/Restart JL

pcp br

Changed "Enable Power Button when Off" to ON
    Save to SD
    Hard powered down

pCP 6.0.0 AUDIO on Rpi2 with HDMI TV
    Code:
    Disconnected RPi TS ribbon cable
    Resize whole card
    "Beta Functions"
    Install JL
    Setup JL
    Time/Date display
    SS's
    NP = NP
    When Off = Word Clock
    Only Play/Stopped SS work as they should, Off is NOT detected
    Power Button on Remote power toggle WORKS correctly

Perform "Mods"

Quit/Restart JL
    All SS work as they should Play/Stopped/Off now
    POWER BUTTON ON REMOTE NOW ONLY BRIEFLY POWERS ON JL

pcp br

Changed "Enable Power Button when Off" to ON (Even though No touchscreen attached)
    Save to SD
    Hard powered down
    Mod
    Code:
    cd /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/
    sudo wget http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/pico/ScreenSavers.tar.gz
    sudo tar xzf ScreenSavers.tar.gz
    sudo rm ScreenSavers.tar.gz

Hope this helps !

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    What are the symptoms of Jivelite not seeing LMS, what do you see on the screen?

What do you see if you go to My Music > Switch Library?
    On the screen now is a menu with:

My Music
    Choose Player
    Settings
    Quit

"My Music" just gives me an error screen that says, "To enable 'My Music' try the following:" with a bunch of suggestions
    "Choose Player" shows an empty screen other than the Choose Player title

If it wasn't clear from my earlier post, I can play music through the device. I normally use iPeng to control it, I just like to see album art or meters, and clock screen saver when there's no music. (I can probably get the latter to happen).

I had a very similar problem earlier, but that was when there was a router between S and C, and I abandoned that configuration very soon. It did become clear that these pieces of software were developed independently, and that Jivelite's networking wasn't integrated into the Squeezelite code.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Jivelite stores bits of the network configuration.

Start by going to the tweaks tab in the pcp web gui and reset the jivelite configuration. You'll have to reconfigure jivelite afterwards.
    Thanks, Ralphy. I had tried both resetting it, and removing it and adding it back. It's still not finding LMS somehow.

Still curious about why Jivelite uses Custom Clock v1 instead of v2 (which was released in 2010).

I have downloaded the latest version from https://github.com/erland/squeezebox-customclock. I tried copying files to /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/CustomClock (taking a recent hint from ralphy to me about the NowPlaying screen), but that resulted in Custom Clock not working at all. Saving a backup and rebooting had no effect.

One of the things I'm looking to add to my screensaver is ratingicon, which is a Custom Clock 2.x feature. (Since ratingicon has url attributes for images, my next question may be about how to get those images into pCP...unless pulling image files from some location would be better.)

What is the proper way to update the Custom Clock applet on pCP 6.0.0 to the latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've tracked down the cause of both the When Off screensaver failure and the power on by an almost immediate power off again to recent changes in the ScreenSaver applet.

The code is currently limiting the feature to only the rpi 7" and pirate audio boards, so as I test I've relaxed that restriction.

Before I update the jivelite extension could you both try the following.
    Login to pcp using ssh as the tc user.

Code:
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ cd /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/

tc@rpi37-wls:~/.jivelite/userpath/applets$ sudo wget http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/pico/ScreenSavers.tar.gz

tc@rpi37-wls:~/.jivelite/userpath/applets$ sudo tar xzf ScreenSavers.tar.gz

tc@rpi37-wls:~/.jivelite/userpath/applets$ sudo rm ScreenSavers.tar.gz
    From jivelite select the Quit menu item and when jivelite restarts, try it out.

If you want to keep the test version across reboots, backup the pcp config.

Please remember to delete the ScreenSaver folder and backup the config, once I've released an updated jivelite extension, or this test version will override all future updates to the screensaver applet supplied with the jivelite extension.
    Hi Ralphy,

sorry about the tardy reply. Just tried this and it works a treat, thanks very much :-)

Cheers

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
    Server: 8.0 for PCP
    Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    Still curious about why Jivelite uses Custom Clock v1 instead of v2 (which was released in 2010).

I have downloaded the latest version from https://github.com/erland/squeezebox-customclock. I tried copying files to /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/CustomClock (taking a recent hint from ralphy to me about the NowPlaying screen), but that resulted in Custom Clock not working at all. Saving a backup and rebooting had no effect.

One of the things I'm looking to add to my screensaver is ratingicon, which is a Custom Clock 2.x feature. (Since ratingicon has url attributes for images, my next question may be about how to get those images into pCP...unless pulling image files from some location would be better.)

What is the proper way to update the Custom Clock applet on pCP 6.0.0 to the latest version?
    See the custom clock for jivelite thread for more details.

My guess is that you have not added the newer repository url in lms.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Anyone with ideas on how to troubleshoot my Jivelite not communicating with LMS issue?

/home/tc/.jivelite owner

I wanted to use WinSCP to create a directory and transfer files to pCP into the /home/tc/.jivelite directory (well, actually a directory deeper down) but I can't because of permissions. I connect using the 'tc' user account and its password. The .jivelite directory has root as its owner. Can I change it to tc without any issues? Is root supposed to be the default owner of /home/tc/.jivelite?

Or if I had the root password I could connect using that account, but I'm assuming that the password is not publicly documented. I didn't find it.