Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,078 of 1078

jivelite looking different in PCP6

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my main player and LMS combo to PCP6(b7), from the stable long used 5.0.1
    And last task was to make the original RaspberryFoundationLCDscreen really functional
    So I added jivelite through the giu, all nice and easy, like it should be.
    But now it is started, and I have selected the 800by480 resolution, I am stuck with a new screen layout.
    It looks like a landscape Iphone 1.0 with a senior citizen skin ! i.o.w. big icons.
    I was used to the small Icon - line based skin, but I can not find it.

Is it a new default ? And can I revert back when I get tired of this view ?

T.I.A. M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Hi all,

I have just upgraded my main player and LMS combo to PCP6(b7), from the stable long used 5.0.1
    And last task was to make the original RaspberryFoundationLCDscreen really functional
    So I added jivelite through the giu, all nice and easy, like it should be.
    But now it is started, and I have selected the 800by480 resolution, I am stuck with a new screen layout.
    It looks like a landscape Iphone 1.0 with a senior citizen skin ! i.o.w. big icons.
    I was used to the small Icon - line based skin, but I can not find it.

Is it a new default ? And can I revert back when I get tired of this view ?

T.I.A. M-H
    There are several skins for the touchscreen, I use "Joggler"

You can change this in Settings > Screen > Select Skin

Sounds like you have "Grid" skin

Jeff

I think by defualt it starts with "Joggler" so doing nothing was preferable
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2020-01-04 at 16:31.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

pCP 5.x and 6.x use the same jivelite extension, however, we did update the extension recently with a few bug fixes.

Try resetting jivelite. In the Jivelite Setup section on the Tweaks page of the webgui, click the reset button, which deletes the settings files and restarts jivelite.

You should be asked to pick the language, keep the default Joggler skin and you should be good to go.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks Jeff07971 and ralphy.

Indeed Joggler is what I was used to. It has been stable so long and previous upgrades were all done insitu.
    So I had not enough experience.

Also there might me more options now, so the default has to be scrolled too.
    As a tip for user interface ergonomics , see if you can get the current setting visible in the first view.
    Ik know, difficult if there are many skins and small screens at the same time.
    And I know ralphy is trying to keep it as close to the original design.

Regards M-H
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

jive lite screensavers

Hi an other question;
    With the re-setup of jivelite on pcp6b7 on a pi3B with original foundation 7-inch display, I miss the screensavers.
    The 'now playing' one is working, and the backlight is set at the correct moments.
    But the clocks do not come on. Image viewer is working though.
    Is it a pcp6 bug we need to investigate? I did uninstalled jivelite and reinstalled it through the gui when I searched for the previous skin issue.
    T.i.a. M-H

Edit: I did a reboot while I was experimenting with the new custom screen resolution setting , and suddenly the screensavers kick in.
    Perhaps I forgot to restart all off pcp with te aforementioned reinstall..
    Last edited by M-H; 2020-01-06 at 12:13.

add new icons in Jivelite for direct radio/Spotify access in main menu ?

Hello

I wanted to know if it is possible to add custom icon in jivelite menu for direct access to some radio URL or Spotify playlist ?

Or should I use an external switch connected to GPIO and a hack (that I don't know yet) to do this ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tparvais View Post
    Hello

I wanted to know if it is possible to add custom icon in jivelite menu for direct access to some radio URL or Spotify playlist ?

Or should I use an external switch connected to GPIO and a hack (that I don't know yet) to do this ?

Thank you
    You can create a Favorite in LMS, then navigate to the Favorites menu item. Unfortunately, the favorites editor doesn't provide a way to change the icon field. The only way I've found to use a custom icon in favorites is to shutdown LMS update the icon="html/images/radio.png" field in the favorites.opml with a URL to a web server with the icon file and start LMS again.

For example
    <outline URL="https://stream.885fm.org/1" icon="http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/images/socalfm88.png" text="88.5 FM Southern California" type="audio" />

You could have LMS serve the icon as well, by placing the custom icon at the same location as the default radio.png and just change the filename at the end of the icon field.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You can create a Favorite in LMS, then navigate to the Favorites menu item. Unfortunately, the favorites editor doesn't provide a way to change the icon field. The only way I've found to use a custom icon in favorites is to shutdown LMS update the icon="html/images/radio.png" field in the favorites.opml with a URL to a web server with the icon file and start LMS again.

For example
    <outline URL="https://stream.885fm.org/1" icon="http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/images/socalfm88.png" text="88.5 FM Southern California" type="audio" />

You could have LMS serve the icon as well, by placing the custom icon at the same location as the default radio.png and just change the filename at the end of the icon field.

thanks, this works perfectly