Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,049 of 1049
    So... The Choose Player screen is basically where it's stuck. If I back out of it, it's on the choose language screen, then I select English, then it lets me choose something about the interface, and when I complete there, it starts scanning for players, and comes up empty. I'm guessing there's some broadcast scheme or similar that doesn't gracefully handle the existence of a router.

I think it (Jivelite) finds it (LMS) via a UDP broadcast.
    So if that does not get through or the reply does not get back then it may well cause problems.

Jivelite saves info about the LMS in
    /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/settings/SlimDiscovery.lua

However, I wonder if it would work if you added the LMS IP address (or hostname if available from the pCP player machine) as a Remote Server.
    I think that is under Settings/Network/Remote Library
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Thanks, Paul. The SlimDiscovery.lua file seems to be populated correctly.

No; wait. It's gone. Probably needed to get to a place to save settings when I had it on the other side of the router earlier. :-/

Just tried this again -- moved the player to the near side of the router, booted it up, it recognized the server, it saw all the players, I saved the settings.

Moved it back.

Now it hangs trying to connect to the server. And yet, there is absolutely IP connectivity between the two. I note that the serverInit item in the .lua file has both mac and ip, and separately a serverName that is correct. Name resolution might not be working, but IP connectivity does. I can play music to that player via iPeng, but of course, having bought the nice screen, I want stuff to come up on it besides error messages :-)

I am sure this is a weird config, and there's no particular reason for the devs to code for it, but it would be nice if there were a way to manually configure things. Or if the software uses UDP multicast instead of ethernet broadcast I could probably figure out how to configure the router to pass those thru.

New VU meters

Hi,

I've created these new VU meters which imitate a blue backlight glow.
    What do you think about them?

I've attached the VU meter image and a tcz ready for picoreplayer.

Name:  vu_analog_25seq_w.png
Views: 250
Size:  176.2 KB

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by tastewar;952964 Or if the software uses UDP [I
    multicast[/I] instead of ethernet broadcast I could probably figure out how to configure the router to pass those thru.
    Players uses UDP Broadcast not multicast. It sounds like devices are on different LAN segments.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmcdonald View Post
    Hi,

I've created these new VU meters which imitate a blue backlight glow.
    What do you think about them?

I've attached the VU meter image and a tcz ready for picoreplayer.

Name:  vu_analog_25seq_w.png
Views: 250
Size:  176.2 KB

Cheers
    Thumbs up from here. Nice soft blue glow looks good. I'll give them a try on my 7" lcd on the weekend
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

forward/back buttons

hello,

long time SB3 user but I think one is now failing so I've jumped in with Rpi 3+, 7 in touch screen and PiCorePlayer with Jivelite. As a total linux novice, its been relatively easy to set up. One thing I've noticed using JiveLite, is the forward and back buttons restart the same track rather then jumping to the next one. Is this something configurable or a bug/feature?

Thanks

forward/back buttons (fixed!)

Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    hello,

long time SB3 user but I think one is now failing so I've jumped in with Rpi 3+, 7 in touch screen and PiCorePlayer with Jivelite. As a total linux novice, its been relatively easy to set up. One thing I've noticed using JiveLite, is the forward and back buttons restart the same track rather then jumping to the next one. Is this something configurable or a bug/feature?

Thanks
    User error 101. There's a repeat button next to the forward (maybe it could change colour when cycling through functions?)

Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    User error 101. There's a repeat button next to the forward (maybe it could change colour when cycling through functions?)
    It does actually, but it's very difficult to see.

Name:  sp01.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  38.9 KB

Name:  sp02.jpg
Size:  37.4 KB

Name:  sp03.jpg
Size:  37.5 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi