Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1046
    I'd be honoured, of course. And once you've worked your magic on the code I'll bring the new improved version back to the Joggler.

Quote Originally Posted by ianjh123 View Post
    Hello
    I have a Raspberry pi 2 with Jivelite. My 7" USB touchscreen works well with ts_calibrate and ts_test. The file /usr/local/etc/pointercal is produced and backed up (I checked in mydata.tgz). Unfortunately the calibration is always off in Jivelite.

The files /usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal and /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal always contain different values to /usr/local/etc/pointercal. Which pointercal file is used by Jivelite?
    thanks
    Ian
    Hello ianjh123
    Did you manage to get your touchscreen working properly ? I have the same issue with my 7inch Waveshare touchscreen. If so, could you explain how you did it please ?
    Thanks

Just upgraded to piCorePLayer v5.
    I use my screen as a digital photo frame to display several thousand photos.
    So every time I upgrade pcp, I have to go in and edit Jivelite to allow >1000 photos in its screensaver/image viewer.
    I just tried doing my usual edits, but upon reboot I receive the following message on the boot screen:
    Code:
    Starting Jivelite...There is a problem with the Jivelite installation. Please remove and reinstall Jivelite.
    So I did as it said and tried again, but I got the same error.
    For the record, I do the following to modify the image viewer:
    Code:
    sudo cp -rL /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/ImageViewer /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets
    cd /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/ImageViewer
    sudo vi ImageSourceLocalStorage.lua
    And replace the instances of 1000 w/ 6500 (there's four of them, including an initial comment)

Has something changed in the new version? And is there a way to get my screensaver/photoframe working again?
    Many thanks.
    2x Squeezebox Classics | 2x Squeezebox Booms | 2x Squeezebox Receivers | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, 7" touch screen (IQAudio DAC+ now deprecated in favour of Receiver) | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    LMS v7.9.2 running as a Docker in Unraid on a HP MicroServer gen8
    4516 albums with 37906 songs by 7973 artists - and always growing

hi JadeMonkee,

I occasionally get this error message as well. I have found if I just reboot everything is OK.

Worth a try.

I was having a look yesterday and couldn't see a coding error so I suspect a timing issue.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi JadeMonkee,

I occasionally get this error message as well. I have found if I just reboot everything is OK.

Worth a try.

I was having a look yesterday and couldn't see a coding error so I suspect a timing issue.

regards
    Greg
    Oh haha. Typically I didn't try rebooting before restoring an SD backup I made earlier.
    Will give it another go this weekend and report back if I can't get past the error.
    Cheers for the help!
    2x Squeezebox Classics | 2x Squeezebox Booms | 2x Squeezebox Receivers | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, 7" touch screen (IQAudio DAC+ now deprecated in favour of Receiver) | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    LMS v7.9.2 running as a Docker in Unraid on a HP MicroServer gen8
    4516 albums with 37906 songs by 7973 artists - and always growing

Quote Originally Posted by ianjh123 View Post
    Hello
    I have a Raspberry pi 2 with Jivelite. My 7" USB touchscreen works well with ts_calibrate and ts_test. The file /usr/local/etc/pointercal is produced and backed up (I checked in mydata.tgz). Unfortunately the calibration is always off in Jivelite.

The files /usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal and /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal always contain different values to /usr/local/etc/pointercal. Which pointercal file is used by Jivelite?
    thanks
    Ian
    Did you ever fix this? I'm also using a 7" waveshare touchscreen and the calibration fails every time: ts_calibrate: determinant is too small -- 0.000000

It works great under Raspbian however without calibration, so I'd like to use the Rasbian method if possible.

Did you do 'pcp bu' after calibrating?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad View Post
    Did you ever fix this? I'm also using a 7" waveshare touchscreen and the calibration fails every time: ts_calibrate: determinant is too small -- 0.000000

It works great under Raspbian however without calibration, so I'd like to use the Rasbian method if possible.

Did you do 'pcp bu' after calibrating?
    Assuming you are using picoreplayer.

Try deleting /usr/local/etc/pointercal before running ts_calibrate.

If that doesn't help, what is the contents of your /usr/local/etc/ts.conf ?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Assuming you are using picoreplayer.

Try deleting /usr/local/etc/pointercal before running ts_calibrate.

If that doesn't help, what is the contents of your /usr/local/etc/ts.conf ?
    Hi yes I'm using PCP, I should have mentioned that

I've found that the ts_calibrate reads too quickly, I press the screen once on the crosshair, and ts_calibrate thinks I've pressed the screen 3 or 4 times! This means I cannot calibrate.

After searching it seems that the later versions of tslib, 1.18 onwards I think, include a timeout setting for ts_calibrate, forcing it to wait after each press on the screen. I tried installing the latest tslib on Raspbian and it allows me to use ts_calibrate without issue.

Anyway after all that it turns out my screen does not need calibration.

I took the 'module linear' line out of my ts.conf file and it now works great.

Every guide I've seen so far says you need to calibrate, but I guess I'm lucky that I do not with my screen.

Hello,
    I scanned the topic quickly, but there isn't or I missed it. I apologize for the inconvenience if I missed it.

Can we set now playing on startup screen? Mostly I use it with the remote, but I want to see the track information and the cover image on the screen. Is it posible?

Quote Originally Posted by onkal View Post
    Hello,
    I scanned the topic quickly, but there isn't or I missed it. I apologize for the inconvenience if I missed it.

Can we set now playing on startup screen? Mostly I use it with the remote, but I want to see the track information and the cover image on the screen. Is it posible?
    Yes,

Settings > Screen > Screensavers in Jivelite GUI

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.6 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS