Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 154 of 157 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1566
    vc4hdmi is the new kms audio driver. getting jivelite to work with hdmi screens uses the kms overlay.

What I would do is select USB on the squeezelite page, then just select the vc4hdmi output.

Autoselecting hdmi audio port names may just have to get removed from pCP.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Jivelite rotate through nowplaying modes

I have piCorePlayer (rPI4) with Jivelite.

Is it possible to set the jivelite to rotate through the nowplaying views every XX seconds ? If it is not, is it possible to control the nowplaying view currently used from the script/cron/ssh ?
    Last edited by biribenda; 2022-01-20 at 10:02.

What I would do is select USB on the squeezelite page, then just select the vc4hdmi output.
    I was thinking the same thing. HDMI setting seems more like USB in the later RPi's. Tested OK on my RPi02W, using b1.

There maybe some subtle HDMI setting that is missed, but it may not be relevant anymore anyway.

Also selecting "None" worked on my setup.

I am only aware that HDMI only has 3 possible card names, b1, b2 or vc4hdmi, so having 3x HDMI config files seems a reasonable solution. I was planning on 2, but I had forgotten vc4hdmi.

We probably need an error message on the squeezelite page if the cardname conflicts with the output setting. (I just remembered you added expansion of the "more> help" )
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2022-01-20 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Usually the HDMI card is called b1 or b2.

Did you load another device tree or driver manually?
    Probably not (I'm not sure what would be involved) - I've just used the pcp web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    vc4hdmi is the new kms audio driver. getting jivelite to work with hdmi screens uses the kms overlay.

It now says "Waiting for sound card vc4hdmi to populate" and it completes almost immediately. Unfortunately... I'm using a wireless usb keyboard to control Jivelite which no longer works with this setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. HDMI setting seems more like USB in the later RPi's. Tested OK on my RPi02W, using b1.

There maybe some subtle HDMI setting that is missed, but it may not be relevant anymore anyway.

Also selecting "None" worked on my setup.

I am only aware that HDMI only has 3 possible card names, b1, b2 or vc4hdmi, so having 3x HDMI config files seems a reasonable solution. I was planning on 2, but I had forgotten vc4hdmi.

We probably need an error message on the squeezelite page if the cardname conflicts with the output setting. (I just remembered you added expansion of the "more> help" )
    Thanks Greg and paul-,

I tried it with an Audio output device settings of "None" and an Output setting of iec958 and after 2 reboots it is working! As a bonus the level meter is working (this is on the HD Grid Skin) - previously it was barely registering.

Regards

Adjust layout

I haven't been able to find an answer in this thread. Jivelite is also working for the Waveshare 1280x400 LCD screen.
    However 1 thing is annoying. The album name is hoovering over the timebar.
    Is there a way to adjust the fontsizes and label location?
    Where can i modify the layout/position for the VU-meters, so they are better positioned on the screen?

Name:  Screenshot at Mar 11 01-26-27.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot at Mar 11 01-25-46.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  66.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You should be able to add noaudio to the dtoverlay, and get back to the old audio driver and device.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1027716
    Dear people. I'm trying to get Jivelite to work on my 1080p HDMI TV.
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB and installed PiCoreplayer 8.1 and the cable is in HDMI port 1 of the Pi.

I read up on the fora and the HDMI issues, the CEC and bitrate... It's not getting easier with every new update/kernel if I understand correctly.
    Like even to get the 7" screen to work in for example libreelec 10 is almost impossible and hardware deinterlaceing is still non existent on the Pi 4.

Now I got stuck at this issue.

In the old day's I would place this in the command line to force 1080p signal on the pi
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
    disable_overscan=1
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
    dtparam=audio=on

It still works fortunately, but to get the Jivelie working I have to disable the
    #dtparam=audio=on
    #gpu_mem=16

and enable
    dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

Still no Jivelite.

I read it was an issue that happened in PiCorePlayer 8.0 and it should work now.

I'm not sure what I missed.
    Does anybody have a 1080p 60hz forced signal on the HDMI port 1 with CEC working with PiCoreplayer 8.1 on the Pi 4 and have audio on the TV over HDMI with Jivelite working?
    If so what are the simple steps, if there are any, to achieve this?

Big thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch87 View Post
    Dear people. I'm trying to get Jivelite to work on my 1080p HDMI TV.
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB and installed PiCoreplayer 8.1 and the cable is in HDMI port 1 of the Pi.

I read up on the fora and the HDMI issues, the CEC and bitrate... It's not getting easier with every new update/kernel if I understand correctly.
    Like even to get the 7" screen to work in for example libreelec 10 is almost impossible and hardware deinterlaceing is still non existent on the Pi 4.

Now I got stuck at this issue.

In the old day's I would place this in the command line to force 1080p signal on the pi
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
    disable_overscan=1
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
    dtparam=audio=on

It still works fortunately, but to get the Jivelie working I have to disable the
    #dtparam=audio=on
    #gpu_mem=16

and enable
    dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

Still no Jivelite.

I read it was an issue that happened in PiCorePlayer 8.0 and it should work now.

I'm not sure what I missed.
    Does anybody have a 1080p 60hz forced signal on the HDMI port 1 with CEC working with PiCoreplayer 8.1 on the Pi 4 and have audio on the TV over HDMI with Jivelite working?
    If so what are the simple steps, if there are any, to achieve this?

Big thanks!!!
    I just ran into this same issue except mine was working until I clicked Jivelite update in the PcP web interface. Jivelite no longer starts when I boot. The splash screen pops up briefly but then the screen goes blank. Audio via HDMI is working. I tried a fresh install of PcP 8.1 but still a no-go.

Rpi3b no extra DAC
    Current:
    Windows 10 - LMS Server 8.2.0 8TB RAID 10 Media Drive
    Office - Windows 10 - Squeezelite-X
    Living Room - 2x RPiZeroW w/ Allo MiniBoss each running a Logitech Z623 System
    Family Room (TV) - 1X RPi3B+ HDMI to Denon Surround Receiver 7.2 System
    Bedroom 1x RPi3B+ with HiFiBerry DAC+ to powered SW and 2X POLK OWM3's
    Kitchen - Bose Soundlink Mini II BL speaker

All running piCorePlayer 8.1.0 and synchronized.

Building
    Pi Boombox - RPi4B w/ HiFiBerry DAC+

Quote Originally Posted by micmed View Post
    I just ran into this same issue except mine was working until I clicked Jivelite update in the PcP web interface. Jivelite no longer starts when I boot. The splash screen pops up briefly but then the screen goes blank. Audio via HDMI is working. I tried a fresh install of PcP 8.1 but still a no-go.

Rpi3b no extra DAC
    Yes, I have exactly the same behaviour. I hope this update can be fixed. For me it's the first time to use 8.1 as well on a TV.