Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Jivelite breaks playlist - Squeezeplay gives a choice - need help

I searched and found the new settings on LMS that tells each player whether or not to break a playlist (selecting a song and the player goes straight to that song deleting all other songs in queue) and when using Jivelite it always just plays, killing everything else. I know you can hold down to select and then you get the popup to select but that is not really usable as no one knows to do that. I have scaled the HDGrid skin and the PiGrid skin to fit a 1024x768 touchsceen with only 2 lines of 3 albumcovers at 180x180 each and it looks and works great until you go to select something and it just isn't usable for me. With Squeezeplay it works great but there is no Grid skins and I don't need the extra player it adds.

I need to get Jivelite to "play right' with the others, there is no settings in LMS for Jivelite as it has no player but it seems it should still honor the settings for the actual players it is controlling.

It has to be something simple to make Jivelite select to same way Squeezeplay does, thay are basically the same, fingers crossed.

My other option is to try to setup one of the Grid skins in Squeezeplay and just deal with the extra player it comes with, I have gotten partially through getting that done and I can get albumcovers displaying in a grid but something goes wrong trying to format it and I have no way of debugging this so I just copy and paste changing a little at a time but I am no programmer.

This is for a real Jukebox that I have in my house and I want it incorporated with my home system, the regular touch skins work super but the don't look like a Jukebox setup, the Grid skins in Jivelite are perfect for this.

John

This might make it easier to picture, haha, too easy.

The first is from Squeezeplay after I increased the size of the album art and text to show only 8 lines, it works great but looks so so.

Jivelite is the second and third, my albums and the from Spotify, both display and search great but unless you hold down to select it kills the queue and plays.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The jivelite grid skin will not work with squeezeplay unless you modify the C code jive framework files.

If you provide;

1. the versions of squeezeplay and jivelite used
    2. is jivelite running luajit or lua 5.1
    3. the os running them
    4. lms version
    5. the steps to reproduce the issue

I might be able to help.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for the response, I am using in windows 10 and XP,

SqueezePlay-setup-7.8.0r1188

jivelite-lua-0.1-r189-win32

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2

I'm not sure about Luajit?

The main issue is in Jivelite when you make a song selection it just plays unless you hold down (long press?) and then you get the popup with options to select (play now, play next, add to end) I want to select a song (click,touch) and default to the popup with choices (Squeezeplay does this). Having to let someone know to hold down a song selection until the popup is activated just doesn't work well, someone always just kills the playlist with one song.

I really don't need to port the Grid skin to Squeezeplay if Jivelite could select the same way Squeezeplay does, having the Grid skins in Squeezeplay would be great also though but not necessary if its trouble.

I hope this makes sense and thanks again,

John

What is the value of the player Defeat destructive Touch-To-Play setting in LMS?

As a test, if you change the skin in jivelite to match the one that works in squeezeplay, do you see the same behaviour as the grid skin?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

It is set to ask every time, I tried them all, the setting doesn't honor if you are using Jivelite, in Sqeezeplay all is good.

I tried every skin in Jivelite and I even copied the whole Joggler skin folder from Squeezeplay to Jivelite and it works fine until you select a song and the same happens.

Is there somewhere in Jivelite that is hard coded to just "play"?

John

I am curious, do you get the same results if you open Jivelite and select something?

John
    Last edited by lj502; Today at 09:12. Reason: spelling