Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    The waveshare products seem to work ok.

We have slowly added support for the waveshare 3.5" display, as that was a popular size, although it still is more than a one click install like the RPI display. Take a look

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...aspberry-Pi-2B

Thanks for you answer. And do you know something in the 7" range ?

No

Quote Originally Posted by renaud View Post
    Thanks for you answer. And do you know something in the 7" range ?
    All that is needed is the following appended to your config.txt:

Code:
    #---Begin-Custom-(Do not alter Begin or End Tags)-----
    # Added by APE for 7" screen
    hdmi_drive=1
    hdmi_group=2                
    hdmi_mode=1
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
    #---End-Custom----------------------------------------

I am using Jivelite with piCoreplayer on a Raspberry pi B 3. For the power supply I am using CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 with 2.5A Micro USB Power Supply using a Amzer Convert Micro USB to Dual Micro USB Twin Y Splitter Charging Handy Data Cable, powering both the pi and the display. I notice the yellow lightning bolt pop up when rebooting, and also whenever I make a selection and the display changes. It stays on for a second or so and then turns off.
    I've tried various combinations for powering the units, including using the CPIO pins and also disconnecting the pins.
    I have the exact setup at another location and I don't get the lightning bolt on that one.

Any suggestions as for troubleshooting? I'll re-seat the ribbon cables and see if that makes a difference and I may also have another 2.5A power supply that I can switch with another device and see if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    I am using Jivelite with piCoreplayer on a Raspberry pi B 3. For the power supply I am using CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 with 2.5A Micro USB Power Supply using a Amzer Convert Micro USB to Dual Micro USB Twin Y Splitter Charging Handy Data Cable, powering both the pi and the display. I notice the yellow lightning bolt pop up when rebooting, and also whenever I make a selection and the display changes. It stays on for a second or so and then turns off.
    I've tried various combinations for powering the units, including using the CPIO pins and also disconnecting the pins.
    I have the exact setup at another location and I don't get the lightning bolt on that one.

Any suggestions as for troubleshooting? I'll re-seat the ribbon cables and see if that makes a difference and I may also have another 2.5A power supply that I can switch with another device and see if that makes any difference.
    I am assuming from the tone of the question you know this is an undervoltage warning.
    I think that th Pi warning is a little sensitive as I've had this warning on my Rpi running Kodi and experienced no problems or crashes

I regularly get the warning running from USB ports or USB PSU's although the official Pi PSU seems OK (No warning)
    The Pi PSU has thicker cable than most (0.5mm^2 I think) most "Genuine" USB cables IE Samsung etc seem OK but lots have much thinner wire adding voltage drop.
    Most of the Pi's I use now have 3A Psu's with a DC Barrel connector to Micro USB adaptor these all work OK even powering a USB HDD as well.

It sound like the PSU/Cable combination you have is just marginal as the flash only appears when you create load by actually asking the Pi to do something "extra" by making a selection etc.

Try using a thicker cable and without the "Y", Run the Pi Screen from the headers with the wires supplied it might make the difference
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I am assuming from the tone of the question you know this is an undervoltage warning.
    I think that th Pi warning is a little sensitive as I've had this warning on my Rpi running Kodi and experienced no problems or crashes

I regularly get the warning running from USB ports or USB PSU's although the official Pi PSU seems OK (No warning)
    The Pi PSU has thicker cable than most (0.5mm^2 I think) most "Genuine" USB cables IE Samsung etc seem OK but lots have much thinner wire adding voltage drop.
    Most of the Pi's I use now have 3A Psu's with a DC Barrel connector to Micro USB adaptor these all work OK even powering a USB HDD as well.

It sound like the PSU/Cable combination you have is just marginal as the flash only appears when you create load by actually asking the Pi to do something "extra" by making a selection etc.

Try using a thicker cable and without the "Y", Run the Pi Screen from the headers with the wires supplied it might make the difference
    Thanks for the reply. I probably tried the thicker cable/no "Y" option in my trial and error, but I'll give it another shot with some different PSUs

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I probably tried the thicker cable/no "Y" option in my trial and error, but I'll give it another shot with some different PSUs
    I re-seated the GPIO wires and used the USB power input on the screen (I had been supplying power to the pi) and that has eliminated the lightning bolt. In the meantime I had already ordered a 3amp power supply (with an on /off button). I might as well try it when it arrives!

I have been using a microsoft keyboard which has some multimedia buttons to control jivelite.

Is it possible to assign those buttons to any keys on the keyboard?

I take that as a no?