Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1001
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Thanks Greg.

Raspberry pi 3 + jvelite + harmony hub

Hello,

I couldn't find any answer for my question. I have set up a piCoreplayer and Jivelite on my raspberry pi 3 which is connected to my tv.

Is it possible to connect my Pi to harmony hub so I could browse the menu with my harmony remote? Via bluetooth for example?

LMS is running on another Pi.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Jursi; 2019-04-26 at 03:48.

Touch screen calibration

Hello
    I have a Raspberry pi 2 with Jivelite. My 7" USB touchscreen works well with ts_calibrate and ts_test. The file /usr/local/etc/pointercal is produced and backed up (I checked in mydata.tgz). Unfortunately the calibration is always off in Jivelite.

The files /usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal and /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal always contain different values to /usr/local/etc/pointercal. Which pointercal file is used by Jivelite?
    thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianjh123 View Post
    Hello
    I have a Raspberry pi 2 with Jivelite. My 7" USB touchscreen works well with ts_calibrate and ts_test. The file /usr/local/etc/pointercal is produced and backed up (I checked in mydata.tgz). Unfortunately the calibration is always off in Jivelite.

The files /usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal and /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/share/libts/files/pointercal always contain different values to /usr/local/etc/pointercal. Which pointercal file is used by Jivelite?
    thanks
    Ian
    Jivelite uses /usr/local/etc/pointercal the other file is the default for when jivelite is first installed. You may need to load additional libts modules for your screen in /usr/local/etc/ts.conf
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Jivelite Power Button - Joggler Skin

Ralphy I'm using the jivelite joggler skin on an HDMI display.

When operating the top left power button in the home menu (using a mouse) the button colour remains absolutely unchanged and gives no indication of whether the player is on or off.

Is this standard behaviour?

It would be great if jivelite showed an illuminated power button when the player is on. As in the standard player GUI on port 9000.

I have no problems at all using jivelite apart from this and it's only a cosmetic issue.

I really appreciate the time and effort you spend on this and other elements of the LMS environment.
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 7.9.2 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v5.0 Server/USB Audio, Topping VX2 Amplifier
    Homeplug & LAN Players: Squeezelite-X on 2x Windows 10 PC's, PiCorePlayer v5.0 /IQ Audio - 2 x Topping MX3 Amplifiers on RCA Stereo Console (built 1962), piCorePlayer v5.0/IQ Audio on Sennheiser RF Headphones
    UPNP Wifi Player: GGMM-E5 Portable
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: SqueezeControl/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Jursi View Post
    Is it possible to connect my Pi to harmony hub so I could browse the menu with my harmony remote?
    I am using here a Pi 3B+ with the 7" Pi display and I programmed my Harmony Hub (with companion remote) to send commands for the Logitech Squeezebox touch.
    Attached to the Pi via USB I have a FLIRC remote dongle which I programmed on my mac to send the commands for piCorePlayer.

This is working without any problems.

I'm running Jivelite on pCP5 over HDMI to my TV, and I have added an IR receiver using the kernel keytables approach, so now my TV behaves like a giant control screen for LMS. I want to add an Applet that I wrote for my Joggler installation - 'Player Power' gives me a screen showing all my players and allows me to toggle their soft power state individually.

I've added my Applet folder to /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets, and it works fine. I backed up the pCP, and my Applet survives a reboot. All good so far. But there are a couple of loose ends that I'd appreciate help with in the pCP environment:

I'd like to use a custom icon that I created. From working with the Joggler installation, I know that this custom icon has to be loaded by the corresponding skin Applet (I'm using HDSkin with the 1920x1080 resolution), so I've modified HDSkinApplet.lua and put the modified version in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin.
    Code:
    	s.hm_playerpower = _uses(_buttonicon, {
    		img = _loadImage(self, "IconsResized/icon_playerpower" .. skinSuffix),
    	})
    (actually, s.hm_playerpower seems to be defined already in the HDSkin applet, but I think that's a separate issue that I can sort out later)

I've also resized my custom icon to 64x64 and placed it in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin/images/IconsResized as icon_playerpower_remote.png (I think '_remote' is the correct suffix for images used by the HDSkin).
    My Applet's meta.lua module references this image as (scroll all the way to the right):
    Code:
    function registerApplet(meta)

meta:registerService("setupShowJogglerPlayerPower")

jiveMain:addItem(meta:menuItem('appletJogglerPlayerPower', 'home', 'PLAYERPOWER', function(applet, ...) applet:setupJogglerPlayerPower(...) end, 59, nil, "hm_playerpower"))

end
    As yet I can't get the custom icon to work. So I'm wondering what the correct approach is to modifying existing Applets. There are many files that make up an Applet (especially the skin applets - icons, strings, etc). How do the files in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin relate to those in /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDSkin? Is it sufficient to put only the updated files in e.g. /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin, or do I need to place an entire copy of the Applet in that folder?

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    As yet I can't get the custom icon to work. So I'm wondering what the correct approach is to modifying existing Applets. There are many files that make up an Applet (especially the skin applets - icons, strings, etc). How do the files in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin relate to those in /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDSkin? Is it sufficient to put only the updated files in e.g. /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin, or do I need to place an entire copy of the Applet in that folder?
    Files in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/ are read and used before /opt/jivelite

I do this for the VU meters image in the Joggler skin. You just need to copy the file(s) you want to override what's in /opt/jivelite into the same path as the original file.

$ ls -l /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 286609 Jan 10 09:27 vu_analog_25seq_w.png

$ ls -l /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 334 May 17 10:06 VU_tick_bounce.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 200 May 17 10:06 VU_tick_off.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 170 May 17 10:06 VU_tick_on.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 419954 May 17 10:06 vu_analog_25seq_w.png

This also works for lua files.

There are several posts in this thread regarding the lua search path. This post contains the search path used by jivelite. It's for the jive folder but the file search path order is the same.

Entering this search in google will provide more info.

Code:
    site:forums.slimdevices.com lua jivelite search path
    Don't forget to backup your pcp configuration or you'll loose your files when you reboot.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Files in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/ are read and used before /opt/jivelite
    Thanks Ralphy - as I thought, files in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath effectively replace those in /opt/jivelite. But the detail that I was missing is that both applet files ('Meta' and 'Applet') have to be in the same folder. Jivelite doesn't like the Applet file to be in the userpath folder while the Meta file is in the original /opt/jivelite folder.

I'd been editing /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/HDSkin/HDSkinApplet.lua, but my changes were being ignored. Once I copied the (original) HDSkinMeta.lua into the same folder everything started to work as expected.

Yes, I've run into that quirk too. Sorry I didn't think to mentioned that in my previous post.

BTW, I really like the squeezelite launcher applet you wrote for the Joggler, been thinking of adopting it for the macos jivelite package.
    Ralphy