Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1520
    The Transporter makes a heck of a pop when powering off or on. I either shut off my pre-amp or the power amp first. Unfortunately my speakers have a built in power amp for the sub and that pops too. Can't win.

I understand not wanting to waste power too, but a few hundred ma's is really minimal. You'd be better off unscrewing the light bulb in your refrigerator :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    With the the volume down

Power amp off first
    Power amp on last

Is the golden rule

some amps make a noise on either (or both) power on / power off

ronnie

Touch Screen Calibration

Hello piCore Users,
    This has been certainly aske thousand times, but I cannot get something to work.

I have a 5 inch touch screen 800x480. The default calibration is a mess.. What can i do to be accurate ?

best regards

yves

Under Tweaks set "Rotation" in Jivelite to 0. Assuming you haven't already.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by ygi View Post
    Hello piCore Users,
    This has been certainly aske thousand times, but I cannot get something to work.

I have a 5 inch touch screen 800x480. The default calibration is a mess.. What can i do to be accurate ?

best regards

yves

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Under Tweaks set "Rotation" in Jivelite to 0. Assuming you haven't already.

Howard
    Hi Howard,

Thank you for your reply, indeed I didn't set it to 0, but it didn't change a thing about the calibration.

yves

Hi Yves, I'm not sure I can be the one to help, but what brand/model screen are you using? I use the OSOYOO 3.5" and 5" with out a hitch.

Bests,

Howard

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your reply, indeed I didn't set it to 0, but it didn't change a thing about the calibration.

yves

Hi Yves, I'm not sure I can be the one to help, but what brand/model screen are you using? I use the OSOYOO 3.5" and 5" with out a hitch.

Bests,

Howard
    Hi Howard,

this is one bought on AliExpress..
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001685599115.html 5 Inch with capacitor , code name MPI5001

They don't give you a lot to go on. I don't even see a brand name to go to for support, but that would be something to try and find. If you can find that you may want to post again with all the pertinent information i.e.:Version of piCorePlayer, Jivelite, what hardware your using, etc.. I haven't seen any posts of anyone else asking about this particular LCD.

Good luck with it.

Howard

Hi Howard,

this is one bought on AliExpress..
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001685599115.html 5 Inch with capacitor , code name MPI5001

They don't give you a lot to go on. I don't even see a brand name to go to for support, but that would be something to try and find. If you can find that you may want to post again with all the pertinent information i.e.:Version of piCorePlayer, Jivelite, what hardware your using, etc.. I haven't seen any posts of anyone else asking about this particular LCD.

Good luck with it.

Howard
    Hi technically, the link between the resolution of the screen and the touch ability as a mouse is something that can be calibrated easily by developpement... like a calibration process to display a cross sign in the corners and in the middle of the screen. Normally this will suit any LCD, no ?

yves

I suspect not. Raspberry pi only certifies a few if not only one screen officially. Plus pCP and Jivelite aren't your run of the mill software. There is no routine to 'calibrate' the touch screen in piCorePlayer.

Of course all of this is to the best of my knowledge which is limited. You can always give the OSOYOO screens a try if you can find them. I've got three of them and they all worked perfectly out of the box with the exception of rotating them 180 degrees. A bit nicer package too. Black edges. Nothing sticking out if you want to flush mount them.

Howard

Hi technically, the link between the resolution of the screen and the touch ability as a mouse is something that can be calibrated easily by developpement... like a calibration process to display a cross sign in the corners and in the middle of the screen. Normally this will suit any LCD, no ?

yves
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Howard Passman; 2021-09-29 at 05:37. Reason: picture

like a calibration process to display a cross sign in the corners and in the middle of the screen. Normally this will suit any LCD, no ?
    Are these displays with resistive touchscreens? Or is a calibrations also necessary for capacitive touchscreens?
    I only saw calibrations for resistive touchscreens and sometimes it is necessary after a few years again because the resistive touchscreen ages.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk