Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralphy
    • Jan 2006

Jivelite for piCorePlayer

I have a build of jivelite available for piCorePlayer.

Greg and Steen are in the process of evaluating the package for inclusion in the piCorePlayer images.

If you can't wait for that to happen and you have the linux knowledge, you'll find general installation instructions on the github repository main page and in the README.md file. I will ignore questions posted that are answered in the README.md.

If you are unsure how to perform the installation steps, then PLEASE don't attempt the install.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.
  • ralphy
    • Jan 2006

Ralphy

Comment

• hsmeets
      • Jan 2007

Nice! Kudo's

I'll take now a stake into any company that manuf/sells 7" 800x480 capacative touch screens
      does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Comment

• sbp
        • Apr 2010

Hi Ralphy

Once again thanks for your help and support.
        Finally, I have had time to try your jivelite package and after following your instructions it worked right away - good work.

We now need to determine how to best support it in piCorePlayer but you have done a marvelous job and it should be easy to do.

Steen
        piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
        Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Comment

• ralphy
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by sbp
          Hi Ralphy

Once again thanks for your help and support.
          Finally, I have had time to try your jivelite package and after following your instructions it worked right away - good work.
          I've just added this note to the README.md

Code:
          To stop the configuration backup from including all the images from the jivelite installation add this line to /opt/.xfiletool.lst

[b]opt/jivelite[/b]
          Originally posted by sbp
          We now need to determine how to best support it in piCorePlayer but you have done a marvelous job and it should be easy to do.

Steen
          Agreed. We can discuss via pm.
          Ralphy

Comment

• ralphy
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by hsmeets
            Nice! Kudo's

I'll take now a stake into any company that manuf/sells 7" 800x480 capacative touch screens
            Thanks.

You make a good point hsmeets.

I've included the resolutions of the skins that support touch screens in the README.md as these skins would require someone to change them for screens of different resolutions. See README.md for more details.
            Last edited by ralphy; 2015-03-15, 13:16.
            Ralphy

Comment

• Greg Erskine
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ralphy

Greg and Steen are in the process of evaluating the package for inclusion in the piCorePlayer images.

If you can't wait for that to happen and you have the linux knowledge, you'll find general installation instructions on the github repository main page and in the README.md file. I will ignore questions posted that are answered in the README.md.

If you are unsure how to perform the installation steps, then PLEASE don't attempt the install.
              hi ralphy,

This is really great!

I was just testing a preliminary version of Steen's Jivelite install script, a couple of clicks, a reboot and there it was!

I wonder how it work with the official Raspberry Display?: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...p?f=63&t=64041

Thanks a lot for getting Jivelite working on piCorePlayer.

regards
              Greg

Comment

• hsmeets
                • Jan 2007

RPI Display: They write it can be used in parallel to HDMI, so it will have it's own driver and that needs to be included in picore than.
                does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Comment

• Musiclover
                  • Nov 2009

@Ralphy

Did you try your setup with display connected via GPIO?

If yes, did you found a sound difference (e.g. better sound without display)?
                  Is your load going up with display to 1-2 (Pi B)?
                  Is your jivelite/PiCore combination working from RAM like Picore only?
                  IR remote control: You used FLIRC via USB; why not LIRC? Because of problems with GPIO?
                  Have you tested hires (24bit 192kHz) flac format in combination with display and ticker of tag datas? Any performance problems (interruptions during music reproduction) with your setup?
                  Maybe you have done measurement of jitter?

It would be very nice, if your work would have solved these problems caused by GPIO interface with standard use of operating system distributions.

Thank you in advance

Comment

• Musiclover
                    • Nov 2009

@Ralphy

IR remote control: You used FLIRC via USB; why not LIRC? Because of problems with GPIO?
                    Have you tested hires (24bit 192kHz) flac format in combination with display and ticker of tag datas? Any performance problems (interruptions during music reproduction) with your setup?

It would be very nice, if your work would have solved these problems caused by GPIO interface with standard use of operating system distributions.

Thank you in advance

Comment

• ralphy
                      • Jan 2006

@Ralphy

no

On a non overclocked B and B+, jivelite uses about 60% cpu running the VU meter visualizer in the WQVGA Small Print Skin

Yes, and I also run the same build on raspbian wheezy 7.8. You can download the wheezy build from my squeezebox client build in the jivelite->linux folder. The url is in my signature.

lirc is not support in jivelite only keyboard handling, which the flirc emulates

Only 24bit 96kHz. I needed to set the squeezelite -a parameter to 240 for glitch free playback with jivelite and the VU meters now playing screen.

No

I have no idea how you expect a port of jivelite for picoreplayer could do this!
                      Ralphy

Comment

• Krisbee
                        • Feb 2013

Ralphy,

My impression is a lot of people run picoreplayer on a headless setup. Have you given any thought to a configuration that runs jivelite on a virtual framebuffer with Xvfb which you could connect to via vnc? So, potentially you could get jivelite displayed on a tablet for example, rather than use a 3rd party app as a controller.

Comment

• PiaM
                          • Feb 2011

Jivelite freezed/crashed in latest picoreplayer

Hello Ralphy,

i'm using the latest picoreplayer version with jivelite enabled. So far a very good concept and solution. But I got problems with the integrated jivelite version.

After I select the joggler skin and listen to internet radio jivelite crashed/freezed sometimes. No Inputs are possible then and I need to restart the pi. If I change the skin to a smaller resolution version the freezing happens not so often. It is not possible for me to get any logs, cause I am new to tinycore linux. I read, that jivelite will use syslog but how can I activate it in picoreplayer? Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Pia

Comment

• ralphy
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Krisbee
                            Ralphy,

My impression is a lot of people run picoreplayer on a headless setup. Have you given any thought to a configuration that runs jivelite on a virtual framebuffer with Xvfb which you could connect to via vnc? So, potentially you could get jivelite displayed on a tablet for example, rather than use a 3rd party app as a controller.
                            To use Xvfb you would need most of the X libraries to be installed on the picoreplayer image.
                            Ralphy

Comment

• philippe_44
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by ralphy
                              That's really cool !!! Do you think from a memory point of view it would run on an A+ ? I feel its time for a bit of CAD to create a printable nice housing. I do a bit of CAD (I'm not very good at that, though) and have 3D printers and if others are interested, maybe we could build a decent housing. Somebody did something like that a while ago http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:721859 but if others have an idea of the how they want such a box to look like, maybe we could open another thread and they could post suggestions
                              LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

Working...