Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1224
  1. #191
    Junior Member firebelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    16

    Font replacement without re-makefile

    ralphy, first I appreciate your great work, I am enjoying piCoreplayer with touchpanel, connecting JBL Pebbles USB speaker.
    I could assemble all those in one hour or so.

    Now, I would like to have suggestions from linux experts on following topic.
    I have considerable number of flac song files tagged in Japanese characters, which default font cannot display correctly.
    I wonder how I can replace FreeSans with another license-free TrueType font supporting Japanese, such as MigMix or ipagp, to display tag information on the screen.

    Needless to say rebuilding image is a solution, but I would like to avoid re-makefile and overwrite default font with another.

    As far as I investigated at version 2.0, binaries of default TTF are located as:
    Code:
    /tmp/tcloop/jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    /tmp/tcloop/jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    ...and links for font are:
    Code:
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    However, the file system is read-only after boot-up, so I was not successful to overwrite those files even after 'sudo su'.

    I also tried this way:
    I saved my favorite font in accessible directory
    Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/
    and tried to copy from there to the target, either in bootlocal.sh or piCoreplayer command-line with following statement.

    Code:
    sudo cp -f /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    sudo cp -f /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    Neither way works to me. It there any easy way to replace or overwrite font?

    Thank you,
    LMS 8 on DS916+/918+/920+ as Prod/DR/Dev. Allo DigiOne sig+USBridge, coax to Onkyo DAC-1000S, Nmode X-PW1 mk2 power amps in dual mono, DIY folded horn speakers. Numerous PCPs and cards for tube amp, receiver, powered speakers, DAC or HPA. Semi-retiring TP SE, EDO'd Touch and original SB3.

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Also, the piCore would process 192 FLACs, where the Squeezebox Touch wouldn't (I never installed Triode's upgrade).
    True; I didn't think about that when I (successfully) tried piCore with 192k; I'd sort of forgotten that I'd installed EDO so that the Touch can do 192k.
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Unused 3: Slim Devices SB3, Logitech SB3.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  3. #193
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by firebelli View Post
    ralphy, first I appreciate your great work, I am enjoying piCoreplayer with touchpanel, connecting JBL Pebbles USB speaker.
    I could assemble all those in one hour or so.

    Now, I would like to have suggestions from linux experts on following topic.
    I have considerable number of flac song files tagged in Japanese characters, which default font cannot display correctly.
    I wonder how I can replace FreeSans with another license-free TrueType font supporting Japanese, such as MigMix or ipagp, to display tag information on the screen.

    Needless to say rebuilding image is a solution, but I would like to avoid re-makefile and overwrite default font with another.

    As far as I investigated at version 2.0, binaries of default TTF are located as:
    Code:
    /tmp/tcloop/jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    /tmp/tcloop/jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    ...and links for font are:
    Code:
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    However, the file system is read-only after boot-up, so I was not successful to overwrite those files even after 'sudo su'.

    I also tried this way:
    I saved my favorite font in accessible directory
    Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/
    and tried to copy from there to the target, either in bootlocal.sh or piCoreplayer command-line with following statement.

    Code:
    sudo cp -f /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
    sudo cp -f /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf
    Neither way works to me. It there any easy way to replace or overwrite font?

    Thank you,
    Try

    Code:
    cd /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts
    sudo rm FreeSans.ttf
    sudo rm FreeSansBold.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSans.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSansBold.ttf
    Quit Jivelite from the menu and wait for Jivelite to restart.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  4. #194
    Junior Member firebelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Try

    Code:
    cd /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts
    sudo rm FreeSans.ttf
    sudo rm FreeSansBold.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSans.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSansBold.ttf
    Quit Jivelite from the menu and wait for Jivelite to restart.
    Hello ralphy, thank you for your suggestion. Great, now Jivelite shows songs or artists in Japanese perfectly! Here is my final change.

    1. Save your favorite font (mine is ipagp.ttf) at: /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/

    2. Create a script and save it in the same directory as well (e.g. ReplaceFont.sh).
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    cd /opt/jivelite/share/jive/fonts
    sudo rm FreeSans.ttf
    sudo rm FreeSansBold.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSans.ttf
    sudo ln -s /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ipagp.ttf FreeSansBold.ttf
    3. Specify this script as user command in Tweaks menu of pCP.
    Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ReplaceFont.sh
    4. Reboot pCP.

    Name:  pCP1.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  204.9 KBName:  pCP2.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  226.9 KB

    Here is additional information for Unix novices, seeing a feedback on my post in another forum.

    ipagp.ttf, a TrueType font which I am using is available at:
    http://ipafont.ipa.go.jp/old/ipafont/download.html#en

    The shell script might need to be written in UNICODE (UTF-8), when the script fails please check the code page.
    I am using WinSCP to create or edit the script, which surely supports UTF-8.

    As Unix nature, the script should be executable. You should be able to change the permissions of the shell script with WinSCP as well.
    Last edited by firebelli; 2016-12-26 at 07:13. Reason: (supplimental information)
    LMS 8 on DS916+/918+/920+ as Prod/DR/Dev. Allo DigiOne sig+USBridge, coax to Onkyo DAC-1000S, Nmode X-PW1 mk2 power amps in dual mono, DIY folded horn speakers. Numerous PCPs and cards for tube amp, receiver, powered speakers, DAC or HPA. Semi-retiring TP SE, EDO'd Touch and original SB3.

  5. #195
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    11
    Is it possible to command the Jivelite on a piCoreplayer 2.0 trough say telnet or other CLI?

  6. #196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Joggler-Skin to use with Remote like the HDGridSkin

    Hello,

    first of all i want to thank all of you for developing such a great piece of software !

    I have a raspberry pi 2 and the original raspberry 7'' touch display. I use the piCorePlayer software and the jivelite gui with the Joggler-skin. They work perfectly together, but i think, one thing is missing. I would like to use the touch display with a remote about 2,5 meters away. But at this distance, the font and the icons are too small to navigate. The Joggler-skin is designed to use directly and not with a remote. I have noticed, that there is a grid layout skin, the HDGridSkin, with bigger icons arranged in a grid. This would be perfect to navigate with a remote. But this skin uses a resolution that is too high to use with the display. As far as i can see, there is actually no such skin. Is there something planned in the near future, to build such a skin ?

    If not, maybe i will try to mix these two skins to a JogglerGridskin...

    Best regards
    Frank

  7. #197
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by fumanschu1 View Post
    Hello,

    first of all i want to thank all of you for developing such a great piece of software !

    I have a raspberry pi 2 and the original raspberry 7'' touch display. I use the piCorePlayer software and the jivelite gui with the Joggler-skin. They work perfectly together, but i think, one thing is missing. I would like to use the touch display with a remote about 2,5 meters away. But at this distance, the font and the icons are too small to navigate. The Joggler-skin is designed to use directly and not with a remote. I have noticed, that there is a grid layout skin, the HDGridSkin, with bigger icons arranged in a grid. This would be perfect to navigate with a remote. But this skin uses a resolution that is too high to use with the display. As far as i can see, there is actually no such skin. Is there something planned in the near future, to build such a skin ?

    If not, maybe i will try to mix these two skins to a JogglerGridskin...

    Best regards
    Frank
    Hi fumanschu1,

    We don't have any plans to develop any Jivelite skins for piCorePlayer, but if some become available, I am sure they will find there way into the Jivelite distribution.

    regards
    Greg

  8. #198
    This is supported in SqueezePi you can change between skin say HDskin and 800x600touchSkin dependent on the input device

    Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

  9. #199
    Junior Member firebelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundslike View Post
    Is it possible to command the Jivelite on a piCoreplayer 2.0 trough say telnet or other CLI?
    See pCP how-to for CLI access with putty.
    https://sites.google.com/site/picore.../home/how-to-1
    LMS 8 on DS916+/918+/920+ as Prod/DR/Dev. Allo DigiOne sig+USBridge, coax to Onkyo DAC-1000S, Nmode X-PW1 mk2 power amps in dual mono, DIY folded horn speakers. Numerous PCPs and cards for tube amp, receiver, powered speakers, DAC or HPA. Semi-retiring TP SE, EDO'd Touch and original SB3.

  10. #200
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by firebelli View Post
    See pCP how-to for CLI access with putty.
    https://sites.google.com/site/picore.../home/how-to-1
    This does not seam to be it at all. This only explain how to connect to the picoreplayer.
    What I woud like to do is to navigate the jivelie menu from CLI. I have tried the default.map commands with no luck. I have tried to do this by connecting to the LMS and typing for example MAC of player--> b8:ya:da:ya:da:01 arrow_left. The LMS responds with the same but in hex but no change in the Jivelite. Am I supposed to connect to the Picoreplayer directley?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •