Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    How did you get bbc running on the wandboard? There threads are so long and confusing. I am also running soa
    LMS 7.9.0 - 1470391720 on Pi2 (Max2play)
    Synology DS-414 NAS
    Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry PicorePlayer
    Schiit - BIFROST AKM 4490 Dac
    Spotify Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Okay I figured out what to do: I added the line above in fstab (changed to suit my NAS) and created a folder called "media" in the root of the Wandboard, with a folder called "netdrive" in it. That didn't work. Then I created a folder called "netdrive" in the "media" folder on the NAS and now LMS has found the root music folder.

Thanks to all for your help. I'll report on the time it takes to scan once it's done. I did a full scan recently and it took 15 hours with LMS running on the ReadyNAS NV+. We'll see if it does significantly better on the Wandboard.
    Let's go back a little...

Yes, you can probably mount the remote folder, but is that really necessary? Why couldn't you simply point the media folder at the share on your ReadyNAS in LMS' Basic Settings? That's all that should be necessary. If you can browse the share in Windows Explorer (without requiring any user authentication), then you should be able to point LMS at that same network share.

Looking more closely at the scan report, I see that the database LMS is reading is located on the Wandboard, in opt/logitechmediaserver/cache, whereas the report on the full scan shows that the database is in c/.squeezeboxserver/cache - which is in fact on the ReadyNAS. What seems to have happened is that the LMS running on the Wandboard is looking for its database on the Wandboard, but the actual music database produced by the scan is on the ReadyNAS.
    Again, going back to info provided earlier...

Where _exactly_ are you seeing these two different paths for the cache folder? On my server, if I go to the web interface and to Settings > Information, the location of the cache folder is shown near the bottom of the page. THAT is where the cache (and the library database) is located.

What are you calling "the report on the full scan"? Where do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    I'm not seeing how you "succeeded" in point LMS at the ReadyNAS if you have no files showing up in the library. I'm not sure what to make of your claim for it to have taken four hours, but if you have nothing after four hours, you didn't accomplish anything.
    Looking more closely at the scan report, it looks as if it ran on the ReadyNAS after all. But I launched it from LMS on the Wandboard - or at least I thought I had.

What this means is that I still haven't figured out how to make LMS on the Wandboard find my music folder on the NAS. If anybody can help, please do.

Looking more closely at the scan report, it looks as if it ran on the ReadyNAS after all. But I launched it from LMS on the Wandboard - or at least I thought I had.
    You can't be looking at the web interface of the LMS server running on the Wandboard and run a scan (or view a report of a scan) on the instance of LMS running on the other machine. You just can't. Maybe you better shut down LMS on the ReadyNAS, just to avoid confusion.

Are you sure that the two machines have different IP addresses?

What this means is that I still haven't figured out how to make LMS on the Wandboard find my music folder on the NAS. If anybody can help, please do.
    How did you start the scan , if using the web-UI make sure your use the LMS on the wandboard if you haven turned of the LMS on the ready nas you know have two servers and therefore two web-UI .

http://<your ip>:9000 (example my own server http://192.168.1.50:9000 )

IF you started the scan from a player or an app the same goes here make sure its the rigth LMS . Disable the LMS on the Readynas to be sure while experimenting .

For these reasons its good to keep both the nas and wandboard on reserved or static IP so they are the same all the time and also for reasons of your mount point in fstab .

Now did you really succeed to mouth the drive easy to check . use ssh and simply browse the folder and see if all the stuff is there .
    Can you browse to the folder via the basic setup in LMS for music folder ? do not just paste in something buse the browse button .
    Next test use browse music folder from within LMS can it see all folders ?

If you have problem here , the thing is usually to make sure lMS has read permission for the music folder and read/write permissions for the playlist folder .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    You can't be looking at the web interface of the LMS server running on the Wandboard and run a scan (or view a report of a scan) on the instance of LMS running on the other machine. You just can't. Maybe you better shut down LMS on the ReadyNAS, just to avoid confusion.

Are you sure that the two machines have different IP addresses?
    Here's something weird: When I open LMS on the Wandboard in Firefox (192.168.0.17:9000), I get the scan report from the later (4-hour) scan when I click on "View Previous Scan Details". But as I said, that scan appears to have run on the ReadyNAS. I cleared the browser history and tried again, and the same happened.

If I open it in Vivaldi, taking care to use the right IP address, I get the report from the previous scan of the empty folder.

I checked the IPs of the NAS and Wandboard, and they're right:

IP Address Device Name MAC Address Network Adapter Company Device Information User Text First Detected On Detection Count Active
    192.168.0.15 READYNAS C0-3F-0E-68-DB-4C NETGEAR READYNAS 22/03/2015 22:13:03 1 Yes
    192.168.0.16 AfterEight 74-D4-35-08-08-04 GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD. AfterEight 22/03/2015 22:13:03 1 Yes
    192.168.0.17 soa-wandboard 00-1F-7B-B4-17-54 TechNexion Ltd. soa-wandboard 22/03/2015 22:13:03 1 Yes

I can post both scan reports if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Now did you really succeed to mouth the drive easy to check . use ssh and simply browse the folder and see if all the stuff is there .
    Can you browse to the folder via the basic setup in LMS for music folder ?
    No, I can't. My fstab says:

#
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information
    #
    # <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    //192.168.0.15/media/Music /media/mountpoint cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,user=nobody,password="",iocharse t=utf8,noperm,nounix,nobrl 0 0

//192.168.0.15/media/Music is the music folder on the ReadyNAS. In the "media" folder in the root of the Wandboard, I have a subfolder called "netdrive" (as instructed by steve-g in post 33 of this thread.

I could have sworn the mount had worked, because suddenly I could browse the folders on the NAS from LMS on the 0.17 (the Wandboard). That's when I ran the scan that took 4 hours. But now I can't browse to the NAS anymore from LMS on 0.17...

No, I can't. My fstab says:

#
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information
    #
    # <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    //192.168.0.15/media/Music /media/mountpoint cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,user=nobody,password="",iocharse t=utf8,noperm,nounix,nobrl 0 0

//192.168.0.15/media/Music is the music folder on the ReadyNAS. In the "media" folder in the root of the Wandboard, I have a subfolder called "netdrive" (as instructed by steve-g in post 33 of this thread.

I could have sworn the mount had worked, because suddenly I could browse the folders on the NAS from LMS on the 0.17 (the Wandboard). That's when I ran the scan that took 4 hours. But now I can't browse to the NAS anymore from LMS on 0.17...
    Is it still in the basic settings ? browse there . And do double check with ssh or win scp or similar to see how it actually mounted , it seems like you actually or putting it in a folder called mountpiont /media/mountpoint
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Here's something weird: When I open LMS on the Wandboard in Firefox (192.168.0.17:9000), I get the scan report from the later (4-hour) scan when I click on "View Previous Scan Details".
    I re-opened the LMS interface from the SOA interface and now it's showing the same, earlier scan, with 0 files.

Sorry for all the confusion. I see what the problem was. I had entered "192.169.017" in the address bar instead of "192.169.0.17", and for some reason it was being read as "192.169.0.15" (the NAS).

But I'm still unable to point LMS on the Wandboard at my NAS...
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2015-03-22 at 15:08.