Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
    Well I've gone mad and bought a Wandboard (it arrived this afternoon) - have got LMS working on it OK - and hurray BBC iplayer works fine as do HLS streams - so happy bunny with this.
    Did you install SoA (SqueezeonArch)? I tried to install it but it failed at the first reboot stage. When I get time I plan to flash a new SD card with the OS image and start over from scratch. Any suggestions are welcome.

The thing I can't do is get the wandboard LMS to point to my music on the Readynas - I've tried every combination I can think of but LMS won't accept any pointer to the Readynas - I'm obviously missing something somewhere so any help would be appreciated.
    Go to Settings > Basic Settings under Media Folder and enter the path (using "/"s) to your root music collection folder. For me it would be "//ReadyNAS/media/music" - but of course I can't try it since I can't get SoA to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Did you install SoA (SqueezeonArch)? I tried to install it but it failed at the first reboot stage. When I get time I plan to flash a new SD card with the OS image and start over from scratch. Any suggestions are welcome.

Go to Settings > Basic Settings under Media Folder and enter the path (using "/"s) to your root music collection folder. For me it would be "//ReadyNAS/media/music" - but of course I can't try it since I can't get SoA to install.
    Yes I've used SOA - just downloaded the installer image from the first post in the Squeeze on Arch thread - copied it to a 32 Gbyte card using win32disk imager.

Booted the Wand board - got the ip address from the router - logged in and it installed from there.

Thats precisely the settings I've tried entering (+variations) - LMS just blanks out whatever I enter.

Solved it (I think) - you need to edit /etc/fstab and add the line //192.168.1.7/mynetworkfolder /media/mountpoint cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,user=nobody,password="",iocharse t=utf8,noperm,nounix,nobrl 0 0

With the IP address of your readynas and the media folder - need to create a new folder from the root directory - I called it media and a folder in there which I called netdrive so the /media/mountpoint is /media/netdrive.

navigating in LMS to media/netdrive then goes to the readynas.

Yes I've used SOA - just downloaded the installer image from the first post in the Squeeze on Arch thread - copied it to a 32 Gbyte card using win32disk imager.

Booted the Wand board - got the ip address from the router - logged in and it installed from there.
    I did exactly as you did, except my card is an 8-Gb. That's supposed to be plenty, though, according to the Big Thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...eloper-version And it never came back from the reboot, despite two power off/ons... Invisible to the network...

-UPDATE- Got it installed, but can't mount my ReadyNAS...
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2015-03-21 at 06:02.

Copying the installer image to the card initially creates a 8GB partion - this gets expanded to the full size of the card somewhere in the installation process.

I'm not sure how much room the database and other LMS files need - so I thought I'd give them plenty of room.

Another dead SoA installation

I flashed a new 8-Gb SD card, booted the SOA Install, got the first Install screen, got the message that the first stage was complete and the device was rebooting, was told to reload the browser... then nothing. But I powered the Wandboard off and back on and now I have the Phase Two screen in the browser interface.

Will report back later as time permits.

- LATER -

The install completed. I Updated, installing LMS 7.9 and the upgraded kernel. LMS came up when I entered the Wandboard's IP address and ":9000". Then the problem was to figure out how to point it to the music folder on the NAS. See my post below.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2015-03-21 at 08:29. Reason: good news to report

Hopefully it will all go well this time - Interested in hearing your comments on speed.

LMS itself seems much more responsive - particularly starting radio streams which are now almost instant where there was a few seconds wait with the readynas.

A complete scan took 1Hr 4min for 7157 tracks so not blisteringly fast - its such a long time since I did a full scan on the readynas so not sure how this compares - if I get time I'll run a full scan on the readynas and report back.

Note that accessing and scan over network is a slowdown factor in itself especially with an old slow NAS at the other end .

Enjoy the much greater processing speed and much faster menus and working transcoding and that LMS won't be stuck several minutes in some menus , being able to run most of the plugins large playlist won't crash LMS etc .....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Solved it (I think) - you need to edit /etc/fstab and add the line //192.168.1.7/mynetworkfolder /media/mountpoint cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,user=nobody,password="",iocharse t=utf8,noperm,nounix,nobrl 0 0

With the IP address of your readynas and the media folder - need to create a new folder from the root directory - I called it media and a folder in there which I called netdrive so the /media/mountpoint is /media/netdrive.

navigating in LMS to media/netdrive then goes to the readynas.
    Okay I figured out what to do: I added the line above in fstab (changed to suit my NAS) and created a folder called "media" in the root of the Wandboard, with a folder called "netdrive" in it. That didn't work. Then I created a folder called "netdrive" in the "media" folder on the NAS and now LMS has found the root music folder.

Thanks to all for your help. I'll report on the time it takes to scan once it's done. I did a full scan recently and it took 15 hours with LMS running on the ReadyNAS NV+. We'll see if it does significantly better on the Wandboard.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2015-03-21 at 08:26.

Oh dear it seems to be slower with Media scanning:

Wandboard:

Logitech Media Server Status
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.1 - TRUNK @ UNKNOWN
    Hostname: soa-wandboard
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.8
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Linux - EN - iso-8859-1
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.2 - armv7l-linux-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 0

Library Statistics
    Total Tracks: 7,157
    Total Albums: 494
    Total Artists: 234
    Total Genres: 86
    Total Playing Time: 487:01:26

Media Scan Details
    Discovering files/directories: /media/netdrive/Music (7763 of 7763) Complete 00:00:18

Scanning new music files: /media/netdrive/Music (7158 of 7158) Complete 00:54:10

Discovering playlists: /media/netdrive/PlayLists (3 of 3) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new playlists: /media/netdrive/PlayLists (2 of 2) Complete 00:00:02

Pre-caching Artwork (557 of 557) Complete 00:10:02

The server has finished scanning your media library.
    Total Time: 01:04:32 (Friday, March 20, 2015 / 8:18 PM)

Readynas:

Logitech Media Server Status
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1395409907 @ Thu Mar 27 13:31:35 PDT 2014
    Hostname: Steves-Media
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.198
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Netgear RAIDiator - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: sparc-linux
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 - sparc-linux
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 2

Library Statistics
    Total Tracks: 7,157
    Total Albums: 494
    Total Artists: 234
    Total Genres: 86
    Total Playing Time: 487:01:26

Media Scan Details
    Discovering files/directories: /media/Music (7763 of 7763) Complete 00:00:58

Scanning new music files: /media/Music (7158 of 7158) Complete 00:15:19

Discovering playlists: /media/PlayLists (3 of 3) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new playlists: /media/PlayLists (2 of 2) Complete 00:00:19

Pre-caching Artwork (557 of 557) Complete 00:03:25

The server has finished scanning your media library.
    Total Time: 00:20:01 (Saturday, 21 March 2015 / 11:41 AM)

So Readynas 20min Wandboard 1Hr 4 min - not quite what I was hoping for but still happy as overall the wandboard is more responsive and the 'feel' of LMS is much smoother AND I can get BBC radio!