Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    p.s. the questions you have above have nothing to do with linux or programming (good news I suspect!). One can control LMS running on anything in your local network from a web browswer on any other computer on your local network (so long as you point the webbrowsser to the right IP address where LMS is running).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Spdif

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    It's quite simple actually: you download the appropriate base-image for your device, write it to your sd card using the imaging software available for your OS of choice and boot up from it. After some time you will be able to connect to the web interface to start configuring it ...
    I'm now in the process of placing my order for a Wandboard.

One thing - I notice that people were having to recompile in order to get support for 96k via SPDIF. My DAC is an older one and connects only via SPDIF. Is there another image I should use instead of the ones listed in Post No. 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    I'm now in the process of placing my order for a Wandboard.

One thing - I notice that people were having to recompile in order to get support for 96k via SPDIF. My DAC is an older one and connects only via SPDIF. Is there another image I should use instead of the ones listed in Post No. 1?
    was it not for using the wandboard as player , if you only use it as server to your Touch you migth not have to bother ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    was it not for using the wandboard as player , if you only use it as server to your Touch you migth not have to bother ?
    Good point. But I don't rule out using the Wandboard as a player later on, adding a touchscreen. In that case I'd need to be able to play 96k files via the SPDIF output.

LMS on ReadyNAS and on Wandboard?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    p.s. the questions you have above have nothing to do with linux or programming (good news I suspect!). One can control LMS running on anything in your local network from a web browswer on any other computer on your local network (so long as you point the webbrowsser to the right IP address where LMS is running).
    My Wandboard is supposedly on its way...

Once I have LMS up and running on the Wandboard and can access it from the browser, how do I point the Touch away from the ReadyNAS and to the Wandboard? Do I have to uninstall LMS from the ReadyNAS?

Thanks to all for answering what must seem like dumb questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    My Wandboard is supposedly on its way...

Once I have LMS up and running on the Wandboard and can access it from the browser, how do I point the Touch away from the ReadyNAS and to the Wandboard? Do I have to uninstall LMS from the ReadyNAS?

Thanks to all for answering what must seem like dumb questions.
    probably best to turn off or unistall LMS from readynas (although this is not required). In LMS (either in readynas, on wandboard, on PC, etc.), when you got to SETTINGS (lower right side of LMS webGUI), then click on the "basic settings" tab. There's a place where you tell it where you're music library files are (this will be either the readynas location or a USB drive connected to wandboard). Also you can name your media library. Here you give it some unique name ("Wandboard LMS" for example). The LMS in ReadyNAS (if you don't uninstall) should be named something like READYNAS LMS. This way you can keep them straight. When you go into TOUCH menu and select "my music" it will give you the option of connecting to whichiver LMS you choose (i.e., wandboard LMS). I have several machines running LMS in my home, but each has a unique media library name so I can select the one I want.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    probably best to turn off or unistall LMS from readynas (although this is not required). In LMS (either in readynas, on wandboard, on PC, etc.), when you got to SETTINGS (lower right side of LMS webGUI), then click on the "basic settings" tab. There's a place where you tell it where you're music library files are (this will be either the readynas location or a USB drive connected to wandboard). Also you can name your media library. Here you give it some unique name ("Wandboard LMS" for example). The LMS in ReadyNAS (if you don't uninstall) should be named something like READYNAS LMS. This way you can keep them straight. When you go into TOUCH menu and select "my music" it will give you the option of connecting to whichiver LMS you choose (i.e., wandboard LMS). I have several machines running LMS in my home, but each has a unique media library name so I can select the one I want.
    Got it. Thanks! I'll report back once I get the hardware and try installing.

It shouldn't really be necessary to turn off the old server, but you should configure the new one with a different Media Library Name (use the web interface, Settings > Basic Settings > Media Library Name) just to avoid your own confusion. The Touch should see both servers on the network as long as they have different IP addresses. On the Touch you go into My Music, scroll down and you should find a Switch Library menu item. Under that you should find both servers listed and can select either one.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    It shouldn't really be necessary to turn off the old server, but you should configure the new one with a different Media Library Name (use the web interface, Settings > Basic Settings > Media Library Name) just to avoid your own confusion. The Touch should see both servers on the network as long as they have different IP addresses. On the Touch you go into My Music, scroll down and you should find a Switch Library menu item. Under that you should find both servers listed and can select either one.
    Thanks to you too! I'm now waiting for the Wandboard to arrive so I can try installing SqueezeOnArch. I just finished reading the 119 pages of the SoA thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...eloper-version) and if I've understood one thing (being a non-techie/non-programmer - unless you count VBA/VBS), it's that I'll probably need help. So please stay tuned!

I've been following this thread with interest - I too have a Readnas (duo ver 1 sparc based) - my collection is rather smaller (8k tracks) so I don't have an issue there, however my attempts to get BBC radio stations have failed miserably - the processor in the readynas simply hasn't got the horse power to do the decoding.

I was considering having to 'pension off' the readynas early and purchase a new nas but after reading this thread I can see some merit in running LMS on a seperate platform so I'm looking at buying a wandboard to play with - probably the quad as the option to attach a SATA disk at some stage in the future might prove useful.

This is an option I hadn't even considered so thanks Lestrad for alerting me to the possibility.