Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
I've been following this thread with interest - I too have a Readnas (duo ver 1 sparc based) - my collection is rather smaller (8k tracks) so I don't have an issue there, however my attempts to get BBC radio stations have failed miserably - the processor in the readynas simply hasn't got the horse power to do the decoding.

I was considering having to 'pension off' the readynas early and purchase a new nas but after reading this thread I can see some merit in running LMS on a seperate platform so I'm looking at buying a wandboard to play with - probably the quad as the option to attach a SATA disk at some stage in the future might prove useful.

This is an option I hadn't even considered so thanks Lestrad for alerting me to the possibility.
I'm very glad to be of help. But perhaps we should wait and see if I succeed in getting LMS running on the Wandboard and if so, how much of an improvement it will be. The people behind SoA seem to be extremely competent and serious, and so I have every hope of succeeding. Since my present performance is very slow, I hope that the improvement will be significant. I just did a test and it took over 20 seconds to read my root Music folder, then another 20 seconds to start playing a file in that root folder...

The Wandboard is supposed to have shipped today. Watch this space...