Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Earlier today, I noticed that the Listen Again programmes on all stations stop in the early hours of Sunday morning. e.g. on R4 the latest programme I see is Profile at 5:45 am. Other stations stop earlier.

I have tried restarting my server but still see the same.

I am able to listen to the entries that are listed and live BBC is working fine.

The log is showing entries such as:

Code:
    [17-11-24 20:30:50.1348] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (732) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 10017 ms
    [17-11-24 20:39:30.4052] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (732) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 5031 ms
    [17-11-24 20:42:03.6306] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (732) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 5033 ms
    [17-11-24 20:44:48.2443] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555316 streamtime=972
    [17-11-24 20:44:48.5726] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555316 streamtime=972
    [17-11-24 20:46:48.5889] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555519 streamtime=889
    [17-11-24 20:46:48.5961] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555519 streamtime=889
    [17-11-24 20:48:00.0614] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (732) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 5022 ms
    [17-11-24 20:56:48.5845] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555440 streamtime=1568
    [17-11-24 20:56:48.5873] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555440 streamtime=1568
    [17-11-24 20:56:48.6047] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555440 streamtime=1568
    [17-11-24 20:56:48.6075] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor (543)  Invalid estimated delay 1511555440 streamtime=1568
    Is it just me? Any ideas?

Thanks.
    It isn't just you. I see the same.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BBC iPlayer Schedule feed hosed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Earlier today, I noticed that the Listen Again programmes on all stations stop in the early hours of Sunday morning. e.g. on R4 the latest programme I see is Profile at 5:45 am. Other stations stop earlier.
    Same here. BBC iPlayer Extra still working (today's editions of all programmes found) but the schedule feed for BBC iPlayer looks dead.

BBC IPlayer v1.5.4.5

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1511211491 @ Tue Nov 21 06:40:13 UTC 2017
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.2 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

As a general point - this is not the thread to report issues with versions 1.5.* of the BBCiplayer plugin.

That said, the problem is the BBC feed noththe plugin - while BBC is still supplying the On-Demand feeds for all station - the content of feeds has not been updated since about midnight 25-Nov 17 (although feed contents say 3am 24 Nov 17 !!) . This is likely to be a problem in BBC system which IIRC is maintained by 3rd parties.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-11-26 at 14:28.

Thanks bpa - is waiting the only option?

Quote Originally Posted by martinshaw View Post
    Thanks bpa - is waiting the only option?
    Yes - AFAIK. BBC used to have forums/nmessageboards which let users provide feedback and notify them about service outages. BBC then "improved" customer services by removing them.

IIRC, this feed is run by a 3rd party driven off BBC databases. Whenever problems occured with it took a 1-2 working days to get it fixed. I believe the XML feeds that the BBCiPlayer plugin uses is an official vendor feed and in principle should be maintained. There may only few vendors using these feeds and so BBC will not know about the issue - hopefully somebody like Systemline who have a proper vendor relationship with BBC may report the issue on behalf of their customers.

fingers crossed....

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Yes - AFAIK. BBC used to have forums/nmessageboards which let users provide feedback and notify them about service outages. BBC then "improved" customer services by removing them.

IIRC, this feed is run by a 3rd party driven off BBC databases. Whenever problems occured with it took a 1-2 working days to get it fixed. I believe the XML feeds that the BBCiPlayer plugin uses is an official vendor feed and in principle should be maintained. There may only few vendors using these feeds and so BBC will not know about the issue - hopefully somebody like Systemline who have a proper vendor relationship with BBC may report the issue on behalf of their customers.
    ..... just hoping that the few vendors have not come to their own arrangment with the bbc ..... this plugin with the listen again is probably my main daily "media experience" cant imagine not having it to hand

BBC Listen Again Schedule feeds

Hi - There's a message on the iPlayer Radio Help page here:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...o/listen-later

as follows:

Code:
     *** Thursday 16 November ***

We're aware that Listen Later is not working for some people across several devices. Those affected are seeing the following error message: "There's been an error and your Listen Later items cannot be retrieved. Please try again later."

We're looking into this and we'll update this FAQ with any further information.
    My guess is that they may have done something to try to fix that issue which has broken the feeds used by us? I've reported the problem via the "Contact Us" button on the page but on previous experience don't expect much will come of it.

Phil
    1x Boom, 1x Radio

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post

as follows:

Code:

We're aware that Listen Later is not working for some people across several devices. Those affected are seeing the following error message: "There's been an error and your Listen Later items cannot be retrieved. Please try again later."

My guess is that they may have done something to try to fix that issue which has broken the feeds used by us? I've reported the problem via the "Contact Us" button on the page but on previous experience don't expect much will come of it.

Phil
    At least they have acknowledged a fault but the date does not match so not sure if this is the same fault. There is nothing in blog to indicate any change in feed operation or functionality so it looks like a problem with the feed. As I said before, I believe the implementation of this feed was outsourced when it was implemented maybe 5-6 years ago. Lets hope there is a maintenance contract but it is unlikely original developers are around, so some poor person is having to go into old code and figure what has happened (i.e. what was broken by BBC over the weekend - BBC likes doing new code at weekends) and then fix it. A couple of days at least.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    At least they have acknowledged a fault but the date does not match so not sure if this is the same fault.
    Agreed, don't think that what they're talking about in that post is the same issue, but possible that an attempt to fix the problem may have broken our feed? They're also acknowledging a fault to Listen Live dated Monday 27th Nov, posted here:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...internet_radio

which does indictate that they're making changes, with possible unintended collateral damage...
    1x Boom, 1x Radio

Hi, Thanks for the link/update ..... I've contacted them as well .... for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post

as follows:

Code:

Phil