Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    I'm surprised this is the case.
    I would have expected another layer of geolocking.
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    You can PM me if you wish.
    It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    ... I would have expected another layer of geolocking.
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    it's working in Germany:

Name:  bbc3.png
Views: 371
Size:  6.2 KB

but there seem to be problems:
    Code:
    [15-03-16 09:15:23.4732] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::resolve (44) Using cached DNS response 97.74.215.169 for www.radiofeeds.co.uk
    [15-03-16 09:15:24.1957] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::resolve (44) Using cached DNS response 87.248.219.57 for bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net
    [15-03-16 09:15:24.5037] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1890) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 667.
    ]
    1x QNAP TS-453B as LMS | 1x Raspberry Pi Zero W as USB-Player + TEAC UD-501 USB-DAC + Phonitor Mini Headphone Amplifier + AKG K812 headphones | 2x SqueezeBox Classic | 1x Raspberry Pi with HiFimeDIY ES9023 DAC +PiCorePlayer | 1x Google Chromecast Audio with Tannoy Reveal Active | 1x Google Chromecast Audio with Philips Fidelio DS9000/12 | 1x Squeezelite on MacBook Pro Mojave

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    This no longer provides HD. Anyone know a BBC Radio 3 HD URL that works on mysqueezebox.com?

Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    This no longer provides HD. Anyone know a BBC Radio 3 HD URL that works on mysqueezebox.com?
    http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...adio_three.pls

This is the UK only R3 320k AAC stream . So it will only work with player that can play AAC natively (i.e. Radio, Touch).

There may be some geo lock issues as BBC checks that requester is in UK and in the past there was problem with mysqueezebox.com for UK users as the mysqueezebox.com servers were not UK based. So if there are problems there used to be an arcane workaround which may still work( which has "noslim" whic may be what radiofeeds uses).

edit:

I've been through this before - See post #7 but to get it work if BBC is more thorough with geo locking - you may need to "unpack" .pls and then also get a real numeric ip addr
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-02-25 at 02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...adio_three.pls

This is the UK only R3 320k AAC stream . So it will only work with player that can play AAC natively (i.e. Radio, Touch).

There may be some geo lock issues as BBC checks that requester is in UK and in the past there was problem with mysqueezebox.com for UK users as the mysqueezebox.com servers were not UK based. So if there are problems there used to be an arcane workaround which may still work( which has "noslim" whic may be what radiofeeds uses).

edit:

I've been through this before - See post #7 but to get it work if BBC is more thorough with geo locking - you may need to "unpack" .pls and then also get a real numeric ip addr
    Instruction 4. on post #25 says "save it locally", but there's no option to do so.

Also, adding #noslim=1 to the url does not work.

Anyone have BBC Radio 3 HD working on their Squeezebox? (Please double check! One of my "supposedly HD" streams became SD! By cicking the "+" at the top right you can check that the bit rate is HD: aac-ic 331.25kbps)
    Last edited by mal4mac; 2017-02-25 at 04:34.

Instruction 4. on post #25 says "save it locally", but there's no option to do so.
    This is only when running TinyLMS on a Touch and this means you are using TinyLMS and not mysqueezebox.com

Do a wget or whatever you have on your PC had to a local file and then unpack the pls to get the real URL not the pls.

Also, adding #noslim=1 to the url does not work.
    Only on the real URL not a pls, m3u or simliar.

This is only when running TinyLMS on a Touch and this means you are using TinyLMS and not mysqueezebox.com

Do a wget or whatever you have on your PC had to a local file and then unpack the pls to get the real URL not the pls.

Only on the real URL not a pls, m3u or simliar.
    Thanks again bpa, that worked!

Didn't have to use wget or similar, the pls file downloaded to my chromebook, on clicking on your link, and then it simply opened as a text file on double clicking. This revealed the URL:

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/...d0ab18d5517ff1

I copied this into favourites on mysqueezebox.com, and now have BBC Radio 3 at 320kbps as required. Other can try copying this URL, but I guess it might change (?)

Other can try copying this URL, but I guess it might change (?)
    I think you should assume it will change. I can't test this so here are my guesses.

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_lc1_radio3_p?s=1488018781&e=1488033181&h=c7fbfce4a5338de897d0ab18d5517ff1

I think the red S is start time as 1488018781 epoch time for "Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:33:01 GMT"
    I think the blue E is time URL will expire Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:33:01 GMT
    I don't know what H could be looks like a uuid of some sorts.

If I am right about the "E" then the URL will not be valid if you use it to play tomorrow. I'm guessing you could change it to 1519565308 to be valid for 1 year ( 25 Feb 2018) - BBC may have checks on too long expire time so it may take some expirmenting.

The website https://www.epochconverter.com can be used to do time conversions

I think you should assume it will change... I'm guessing you could change it to 1519565308 to be valid for 1 year...
    Didn't work. I tried one day ahead and the 403 forbidden error still appeared. Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve messing about with expiring codes?

Didn't work. I tried one day ahead and the 403 forbidden error still appeared. Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve messing about with expiring codes?
    The H parameter may be some sort of token which can only be used once.

It lookslike you need a local server such as Pi or Touch rather than use mysqueezebox.com unless therre is a mysb.com server in the UK and you can force your player to use it.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-02-26 at 02:15.