Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    Without going down the Tiny LMS router, perhaps this address will work:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio3noslim.pls
    It will be interesting to know if that works. If radiofeeds are able to keep the time-related information in the pls file up to date it may do.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    Without going down the Tiny LMS router, perhaps this address will work:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio3noslim.pls
    That works for me over a period of a few hours. Hopefully it won't 'time out'.

It's becoming an uncertain BBC radio world. This aac stream will hopefully stay until after the Proms. The mp3 streams will last 'a while', whatever that is. mysqueezebox.com may not last for ever (there are tests running now on LMS without it just to see what unexpected consequences might arise).

So, longer term, once the mp3 services are withdrawn, I can't see a Touch working for BBC Radio without a full LMS server with HLS support, unless someone works on that in TinyLMS or the Touch firmware. For a Logitech Radio the future is bleaker still, unless someone can work on the internal software.

If/when mysqueezebox.com is withdrawn, people may need a way of entering URLs directly into the Touch and/or TinyLMS. I have thus far failed to find a way of doing that. Does anyone know if it can be done?
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    It will be interesting to know if that works. If radiofeeds are able to keep the time-related information in the pls file up to date it may do.
    It does work, and the contents of the pls file change over time, so hopefully it should stay working until the BBC pull the plug on the feed, or change their minds again.

OK I got Tiny LMS going.

3. Go to the Favourites menu, on mysqueezebox.com, and press and hold the item you added at 1 above
    What do you mean by "press and hold"? I'm using the chrome browser on a chrome box with the usual mouse and keyboard - do you mean press and hold the left mouse button? If so - that doesn't work. If not, can you explain in detail?

Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    OK I got Tiny LMS going.

What do you mean by "press and hold"? I'm using the chrome browser on a chrome box with the usual mouse and keyboard - do you mean press and hold the left mouse button? If so - that doesn't work. If not, can you explain in detail?
    No, wrong device! I mean using the Touch screen on the Touch. All my instructions except for step 1 were for use on the Touch, including step 3 - the favourites menu on the Touch itself.

In fact, I'm puzzled but what you are doing on your Chromebook, other than updating mysqueezebox.com, since you say you have no LMS server.
    Last edited by PasTim; 2015-03-03 at 09:51.

No, wrong device! I mean using the Touch screen on the Touch. All my instructions except for step 1 were for use on the Touch, including step 3 - the favourites menu on the Touch itself.
    OK - it worked! Thanks Tim! Even if the BBC decide to take this stream down, I've learned some useful things about Tiny LMS etc Thanks for all your help.

In fact, I'm puzzled but what you are doing on your Chromebook, other than updating mysqueezebox.com, since you say you have no LMS server.
    Yes, all I'm doing is updating mysqueezebox.com, I have no LMS server on the chromebox
    Last edited by mal4mac; 2015-03-03 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    OK - it worked! Thanks Tim! Even if the BBC decide to take this stream down, I've learned some useful things about Tiny LMS etc Thanks for all your help.
    Good . It was all new to me as well. I was dimly aware that the Touch had a cut-down LMS inside it but I had never tried to use it. I had better make a few notes or I'll forget it!

Meanwhile the solution by vinnielo to use http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio3noslim.pls on mysqueezebox.com also works for me at present, but you could save that as a local favourite as well.

Meanwhile the solution by vinnielo to use http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio3noslim.pls on mysqueezebox.com also works for me at present, but you could save that as a local favourite as well.
    Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the App Gallery.
    Bonus: With nearly 1000 registered users, the RadioFeeds server app (with AAC streams included) is available for mysqueezebox, Logitech Media Server, Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter AND SlimServer!
    Click: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze
    We now also list the BBC HLS streams!

The "noslim" stream works perfectly outside the UK btw. I'm in germany and listening right now.
    And the quality difference between mp3 128kbit and AAC320kbit is insane!!!

Thanks for this tip!

I'm surprised this is the case.
    I would have expected another layer of geolocking.
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    You can PM me if you wish.
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the App Gallery.
    Bonus: With nearly 1000 registered users, the RadioFeeds server app (with AAC streams included) is available for mysqueezebox, Logitech Media Server, Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter AND SlimServer!
    Click: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze
    We now also list the BBC HLS streams!