Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    To update the list of BBC Radio live channels in the BBC iPlayer as of 11/2/2015 see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post807276.

The original menu.opml is, on linux, in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer. Take a copy and the replace with the UK or non-UK version as appropriate. Make sure the ownership and access rights of the file are the same as the other files in the directory.

Can this post be moved and made into a 'sticky'?
    Since this post is BBCiPlayer specific and updates MP3 as well as HLS shouldn't the sticky be in the BBCiPlayer thread as that is where BBCoiPlayer users will look in the first instance.

Has anybody managed to install this on ReadyNas Pro - running the 4.4.27 firmware?

The version of ffmpeg available from the default Debian repositories is pretty old.

<pre>FFmpeg 0.6.7-4:0.6.7-0.netgear2</pre>

I tried adding the following lines to /etc/apt/sources/list.

<pre>deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
    deb-src http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free</pre>

But I quickly ran into locale issues, that look difficult to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Since this post is BBCiPlayer specific and updates MP3 as well as HLS shouldn't the sticky be in the BBCiPlayer thread.
    i was just trying to provide a cross-reference for people landing here first.

I also note there is already another very helpful HLS thread, but having two on the same topic isn't, IMHO, going to be very helpful.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
    I ran the above as you suggested and there are errors.

Thanks

Attachment 17400
    That is the correct output for this stream. Did you try to play the file output.flc ?

AFAICT this proves that your ffmpeg is OK and can handles m3u8 AAC streams.
    I'll look back at your previous posts in the light of these test results and see if I can understand the issue.

It looks like it was working. Is the output.flc file empty ?
    No, it works and I get a burst of BBC R4 in the output.flc.

Still doesn't play in LMS though.

Thanks

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Cool plugin!
    Will this keep up with changing bitrates and such, staying gapless etc? I mean... Changing sample rates will probably be a bit over the top but rare anyway but changing bitrates during a stream is one reason people use HLS so they can better load balance.
    I think the BBC a has even stated that's the reason they plan to use it,
    The heavy lifting is done by ffmpeg producing a transcoded Flac stream so if it breaks with changing bitrates, gapless etc. then we'll know it is ffmpeg fault and report problems/provides fixes to ffmpeg community.

To minimise transcoding there can be a "hls aac" File Type setting which uses ffmpeg to handle the HLS protocol and pass the resulting audio byte stream straight to a player - this assume an URL has an AAC encoding but a HLS stream can contain MP3 or AC-3 so this is possible future issue.

Is this also a way to use AC-3? It isn't otherwise supported on Squeezebox, isn't it?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

That is the correct output for this stream. Did you try to play the file output.flc ?

AFAICT this proves that your ffmpeg is OK and can handles m3u8 AAC streams.
    I'll look back at your previous posts in the light of these test results and see if I can understand the issue.
    I managed to get the "output.flc" file to play on the Chromebook and it sounded fine, just about to try in LMS

Thank you once again.

Paul
    Last edited by Klammer; 2015-02-16 at 02:50.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyconnect View Post
    No, it works and I get a burst of BBC R4 in the output.flc.

Still doesn't play in LMS though.
    Progress - it narrows where the problem lies. Like Klammers's similar issue - in the light of results - time to review previous posts and think a bit.

Linux Installation instructions
    1. Install ffmpeg. It is in a package called ffmpeg so you may use something like "apt-get install ffmpeg"
    I suggest adding a caveat pointing out that ffmpeg 0.8 won't work correctly - later version required.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------