Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member cathcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    141

    Lms 7.9 ftw!

    I'd planned to upgrade my server and for the last week have been reorganizing and re-tag most of my music library. Prior to that, I shutdown LMS 7.7.2 and removed the installation and all the config, cache etc. I'm running LMS on a NetGear ReadyNas NVX with 4x 2TB drives

    I installed the latest 7.9 nightly build, when through the set-up, deactivated all the plugins I don't use, and added Triodes BBC plugin and a few I do use.

    I restarted the LMS, and I have much better BBC than ever than I did under 7.7.2. The BBC London stream is working, as is BBC R2, R4, and 6 Music. Best of all I'm now able to play iPlayer radio recordings. This definitely never worked before.

    I get a 128kbs AAC stream and have squeezeplay, touch, boom, radio all synced up and working.

    I'm currently streaming this
    URL: iplayer://aod?ms=http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/pc/vpid/p02gzbrm&dur=10800&icon=&title=Robert%20Elms%3A%20 Alexander%20Stewart%20and%20Mark%20Hemmings&desc=L ive%20music%20from%20Alexander%20Stewart%20and%20t his%20week%E2%80%99s%20%E2%80%9CFourfer%E2%80%9D%2 0is%20Bob%20Marley.
    Last edited by cathcam; 2015-02-08 at 20:56. Reason: changed errlands to triode as author
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

    Running LMS Server, currently 7.9.2 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    added errlands BBC plugin and a few I do use.
    It's Triode's plugin - credit where credit is due! Glad it's working well for you. Certainly I'm a huge fan.

  3. #13
    Senior Member cathcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    It's Triode's plugin - credit where credit is due! Glad it's working well for you. Certainly I'm a huge fan.
    Corrected, thanks.
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

    Running LMS Server, currently 7.9.2 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

  4. #14

    BBC new streaming service

    The BBC acknowledges that it has cut streaming service before it has a new standard in place:

    <http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b051w4dm>

    I'm using BBC iPlayer v1.2.14, with the streaming options (like on-demand options) set to: AAC > FlashAAC > FlashMP3 > WMA, but I'm still getting the BBC's looping announcement. I've tried saving the BBC3 stream as a favorite and editing it to remove the WMA component of the link, as an earlier post suggested, but this breaks the stream.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    The BBC acknowledges that it has cut streaming service before it has a new standard in place:

    <http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b051w4dm>

    I'm using BBC iPlayer v1.2.14, with the streaming options (like on-demand options) set to: AAC > FlashAAC > FlashMP3 > WMA, but I'm still getting the BBC's looping announcement. I've tried saving the BBC3 stream as a favorite and editing it to remove the WMA component of the link, as an earlier post suggested, but this breaks the stream.
    Wakey - wakey!!!!

    Look for the new thread!
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #16
    Yes, I've been reading it. I presumed that people reading there would read here. Like you!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Wakey - wakey!!!!

    Look for the new thread!
    This is unhelpful. Which new thread, for there are several, none of which give a definitive answer, and you give no link.

    Is anyone prepared to make a knowledgeable definitive statement?

    Tiode's plugin (v1.2.14) appears to no longer works for live feeds.
    • All "solutions" posted here appear to have no effect. Can anyone contradict this?
    • Is there expected to be a new version of the iPlayer plugin that does support live feeds?
    • This plugin does play retrospectively, at least for now. Is this plugin expected to work for "Listen Again" for the foreseeable future (i.e until BBC change their feeds)?

    The Logitech BBC App does work for live streaming, but has no retrospective functionality. The same applies to "RadioFeeds UK & Ireland".

    So are we left with Logitech BBC App (or other) for live streams and Triode's iPlayer Plugin for timeshifting?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by bullgod View Post
    This is unhelpful. Which new thread, for there are several, none of which give a definitive answer, and you give no link.

    Is anyone prepared to make a knowledgeable definitive statement?

    Tiode's plugin (v1.2.14) appears to no longer works for live feeds.
    • All "solutions" posted here appear to have no effect. Can anyone contradict this?
    • Is there expected to be a new version of the iPlayer plugin that does support live feeds?
    • This plugin does play retrospectively, at least for now. Is this plugin expected to work for "Listen Again" for the foreseeable future (i.e until BBC change their feeds)?

    The Logitech BBC App does work for live streaming, but has no retrospective functionality. The same applies to "RadioFeeds UK & Ireland".

    So are we left with Logitech BBC App (or other) for live streams and Triode's iPlayer Plugin for timeshifting?
    Look here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...LS-m3u8-stream
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Ok here's the tl;dr for those coming to the party late.

    The exec summary: All is well, replacement feeds exist but you need a helper plugin.

    Step 1: Update Player plugin's menu with new feeds. Details here:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post807276

    Step 2: These new feeds are in Apple HLS form, so you need to install the PlayHLS plugin
    Details in the link quoted above.

    Step 3: PlayHLS requires ffmpeg. This is on most unix systems already, but if you have a Debian based system (eg Ubuntu) ffmpeg is unlikely to be present as it was replaced by avconv.
    There are two solutions that I've used successfully, your preference as to which of the following you use.
    a) install a ffmpeg binary from here http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ to somewhere on your path like /usr/local/bin
    Note the extension on these archives is incorrect as they are straight tar files not compressed-tars.
    b) install avconv from the libav-tools package, and create a symbolic link called ffmpeg to avconv.
    Note this package is incorrectly referred to as libavconv-tool in some posts.

    As ever YMMV, but hopefully the above will reassure and save time you some time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •