Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Proper 320x240 PITFT Skin for Jivelite

Started building my own Jukebox based on RPI v1, a Behringer dac and a D class amp.
    Meanwhile I've worked out the skin to properly show everything including the touch keyboard perfectly scaled.
    I'll update here my progress.

cool stuff mate

Hi and welcome

your 1.st post here and its not a question its a solution / announcement

Did you plan to use the locale setting for the keyboard layout?

Hang on and much fun here.

Hallo DJanGo,

I'll take note and test it in german too. Should work with no problems as the localization is done externally in strings files. We shall see about the keyboard mapping.
    I've setup a source rep on google code but I've not submitted my work yet (which was done locally on the raspberry pi itself till now).

TschŘss!
    Last edited by dlbogdan; 2015-05-06 at 04:13.

Initial sync

Alright,

I've made an initial sync with my local files, split in a few pushes to make the changes more readable.
    The git is available here: https://code.google.com/r/bogdandumi...vga-touch-rpi/
    I haven't yet tested it as it is found in that repo EDIT: Tested. It works. because I've started working locally more than a month ago but on an already modified jivelite. So it might take me some time to commit every change.

If they are enough that want it, I'm thinking of building a minimal OS image (read only rootfs with ramdisk so there's no need to shutdown linux) that contains everything ready to be put on the raspberry SD.

Important: Don't expect to just copy the QVGATouchSkin folder in your applets directory for everything to work. It will not work right, especially the keyboard that needed modification outside the skin, as well as other changes in other files including some in .c files.
    So just get all the files from my repo, compile it and give it a go.
    This build is supposed to be run on the tft framebuffer directly.
    Just set the env variables and run jivelite.
    ex:
    Code:
     sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/touchscreen /opt/bogdandumitru-jivelite-qvga-touch-rpi/bin/jivelite &
    There is still a lot to do.
    Like: Implementing GPIO buttons that you can find neatly under the screen on the PCB; stripping not (so) needed menu items, maybe a working simple vu-meter directly on the "Now Playing" screen, etc.
    The Wired/Wifi Network Setup GUI applet, original found here: https://github.com/jovial/squeezeplay-wicd-frontend It needs wicd libs and tools and a few other files compiled so it will not work directly from the branch. This applet was the main reason I needed to fix the on screen keyboard so you can type the wifi passkey directly from the device's screen.

The ultimate goal of this jivelite branch is to be able to use it without the need to remotely access your raspberry pi to set things up. Everything should be accessible through the touch ui interface.

I'll post some details and pictures about my hardware construction when I get the time.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by dlbogdan; 2015-05-07 at 11:30. Reason: added wicd-frontend link.

@DJanGo,

It seems in german all it does it changes the mapping from QWERTY to QWERTZ. No special keys though. But that's default for jive.
    If you want to, I can show you how this can be changed.

Hi dlbogdan,

wanted to ask if I can just use your 320x240 skin (just copying the skin from applets folder) in our Max2Play distribution for Jivelite.

Thx!
    Stefan
    2 x Max2Play on ODROID U2/U3 with LMS, Squeezelite, Shairport, XBMC
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    1 x Denon 1713 AVR + Nubert 5.1 System
    iPeng

Max2Play Webinterface and SD-Image: http://www.max2play.com/
    Max2Play Shop: http://shop.max2play.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dlbogdan View Post
    Alright,

I've made an initial sync with my local files, split in a few pushes to make the changes more readable.
    The git is available here: https://code.google.com/r/bogdandumi...vga-touch-rpi/
    I haven't yet tested it as it is found in that repo EDIT: Tested. It works. because I've started working locally more than a month ago but on an already modified jivelite. So it might take me some time to commit every change.

If they are enough that want it, I'm thinking of building a minimal OS image (read only rootfs with ramdisk so there's no need to shutdown linux) that contains everything ready to be put on the raspberry SD.

Important: Don't expect to just copy the QVGATouchSkin folder in your applets directory for everything to work. It will not work right, especially the keyboard that needed modification outside the skin, as well as other changes in other files including some in .c files.
    So just get all the files from my repo, compile it and give it a go.
    This build is supposed to be run on the tft framebuffer directly.
    Just set the env variables and run jivelite.
    ex:
    Code:
     sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/touchscreen /opt/bogdandumitru-jivelite-qvga-touch-rpi/bin/jivelite &
    There is still a lot to do.
    Like: Implementing GPIO buttons that you can find neatly under the screen on the PCB; stripping not (so) needed menu items, maybe a working simple vu-meter directly on the "Now Playing" screen, etc.
    The Wired/Wifi Network Setup GUI applet, original found here: https://github.com/jovial/squeezeplay-wicd-frontend It needs wicd libs and tools and a few other files compiled so it will not work directly from the branch. This applet was the main reason I needed to fix the on screen keyboard so you can type the wifi passkey directly from the device's screen.

The ultimate goal of this jivelite branch is to be able to use it without the need to remotely access your raspberry pi to set things up. Everything should be accessible through the touch ui interface.

I'll post some details and pictures about my hardware construction when I get the time.
    Cheers!
    Hi dlbogdan,

its looking good, im currently running Callumridleys clone - https://code.google.com/r/callumridl.../source/browse
    everythings working fine for me, the GPIO options for the 4 buttons sounds great, i would love to have hardware volume controls.

Andrew