Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Alternative to standalone WiFi speaker SAMSUNG M3

Hello,

I currently have the SAMSUNG M3 wireless speakers whichs works great, but unfortunately can't get the uPnP to work with LMS, so I need to change it.

I'm looking for a compact speaker which has WiFi and will work as a renderer for my LMS server.

Any suggestions, except SONOS? A little too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GAPP View Post
    Hello,

I currently have the SAMSUNG M3 wireless speakers whichs works great, but unfortunately can't get the uPnP to work with LMS, so I need to change it.

I'm looking for a compact speaker which has WiFi and will work as a renderer for my LMS server.

Any suggestions, except SONOS? A little too expensive.
    Have you tried to use squeeze2upnp ?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = Still ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Have you tried to use squeeze2upnp ?
    For some reason I couldn't get it to work with my Samsung M3 speaker. I read all instructions and everything.

For some reason I couldn't get it to work with my Samsung M3 speaker. I read all instructions and everything.
    Did it appear as a detected renderer in the console listing?

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Did it appear as a detected renderer in the console listing?
    From the Device Spy list, it did appear, yes. But I spoke to another guy, and it seemed like it was not uPnP enabled.

Would you care to take a look at it? :-)

From the Device Spy list, it did appear, yes. But I spoke to another guy, and it seemed like it was not uPnP enabled.

Would you care to take a look at it? :-)
    Hmmm ... wouldn't know what t do, I'm afraid. did you raise the issue in the squeeze2upnp thread?

If you get the latest squeeze2upnp version (stable 1.4) you can run it as:

squeeze2upnp -i config.xml

This will save the config file and if the samsung is detected it will be listed in the config. Post this on the thread and maybe somebody can advise.

Alright, you don't know of any WiFi speaker that serves like the Samsung M3? I need something compact. :-)

Not sure I'm following: if it appears in devicespy, then I can make it work on squeeze2upnp. I have to look again at our past exchanges, but I thought it never appeared in devicespy

EnvoyÚ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Not sure I'm following: if it appears in devicespy, then I can make it work on squeeze2upnp. I have to look again at our past exchanges, but I thought it never appeared in devicespy

EnvoyÚ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Could you please help me out via. TeamViewer or something else? Would really mean the world. :-)

Could you please help me out via. TeamViewer or something else? Would really mean the world. :-)
    Just saw you latest PM with screenshot, I think I missed it previously. You have to see a screen like that with at least the 3 lines under the M3. CUrrently, what I see on your screenshot means that the M3 does not have upnp enabled. Sent you a PM as wellName:  Capture d'écran 2015-01-24 15.26.22.png
Views: 267
Size:  84.4 KB
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5