Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    Work in progress: Speaker with a RPI + Hifiberry Digi (and a Hypex AS2.100 DSP/AMP) integrated on a backplane. Running PicorePlayer.
    Looks good
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

J÷rg's Upcycled Antique Radio with Pi3, HiFiBerry Amp2, RPi Touchdisplay and Max2Play

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share our latest community project article here with a few photos. J÷rg from our forums has upcycled an antique radio with Pi, HiFiBerry Amp2 and the RPi 7 inch touchdisplay. I translated his words into English for the international audience as well. Check out his blog MoRobo for more upcycling projects.

Article EN

Article DE

Name:  IMG_20190326_1654359_edited.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  127.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20181228_1128022_edited.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  98.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190103_0940404_edited.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  141.3 KB
    Name:  Schnipp-SAM_2274_edited-1024x650.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  76.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by arubaluba View Post
    [*]Software:
    [LIST][*][*]piCorePlayer 3.5.0[*][*]Slimmer[*][*]LCDProc[*][*]Pikeyd[*][*]A custom Python script for serial communication to the VFD driver
    Hi, how did you manage to install Pikeyd on PiCorePlayer?

Whole Home Amplifier

I designed a 3D printable whole home amplifier utilizing piCorePlayer.

Name:  e20fe13a8ad8505af14073e51e12befd_preview_featured.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  60.8 KB
    Name:  fbee130a30ee0aa740fba82f4714233e_preview_featured.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  51.2 KB
    Name:  f65605a34b54accd49d4a3adf86875f4_preview_featured.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  30.1 KB

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3775835 if anyone wants to print/build one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Amazing work!

Are those stones "audiophile pebbles" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Amazing work!

Are those stones "audiophile pebbles" ?
    They are different things depending on the mood of my 5 year old. Sometimes bombs, gas for your car, food, or even aliens.

Crazy imaginations they have.

It's ironic - in the years since I was active on this forum I have been into things like the Raspberry Pi. I have 4 of them - a 1B, a 2B, a 3B+ and a shiny new 4.

Looks like the Pi is the way to go if I ever have to replace my Booms or Radio! Couple it with a good DAC and nice speakers in an enclosure - ooh, and a nice touchscreen would be good too!

I have LMS running on my main PC as well as my FreeNAS, another thing I got into in my absence.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lanctot View Post
    It's ironic - in the years since I was active on this forum I have been into things like the Raspberry Pi. I have 4 of them - a 1B, a 2B, a 3B+ and a shiny new 4.

Looks like the Pi is the way to go if I ever have to replace my Booms or Radio! Couple it with a good DAC and nice speakers in an enclosure - ooh, and a nice touchscreen would be good too!

I have LMS running on my main PC as well as my FreeNAS, another thing I got into in my absence.
    Raspberry pi do their own touch screen, coupled with a pi, you can install Jivelite for a Touch style player. You can even set it up to use a Squeezebox IR remote.

Name:  pi.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  143.5 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Raspberry pi do their own touch screen, coupled with a pi, you can install Jivelite for a Touch style player. You can even set it up to use a Squeezebox IR remote.

Name:  pi.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  143.5 KB
    That's AWESOME!

I'm always wanting to find uses for a Pi, and I'd love to play around with the Pi touch screen, just couldn't find anything useful to do with either.

My Booms and Radio aren't getting any younger and I'm worried they'll fail some day. I rely on them as alarm clocks and entertainment in the kitchen when I'm cooking or cleaning.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    I left it assembled. The enclosure is more stable during the cutting.
    It all went very smooth without any hiccups.
    Sorry for the late response - I have not checked this forum in a bit.

In my build, I did not leave the top on the enclosure when I cut the angle for the front - I probably should have - but I had no trouble on my table saw with a composite blade, tilted to about 15 degrees. I clamped the box to the sliding guide on the table. I did have to de-burr the cut since the composite blade caused a bit of melting of the aluminum. I then cut the top of the box to match.

A band saw would be a much better approach for this sort of work, though.

Whit