Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

CustomClockwith Win JIvelite?

Anyone knows how to get Erlands "CustomClock" to work with Jivelite for Windows?
    Installed it the "normal way" within the Jivelite GUI but it doesn't work. I get the menus in the GUI but it's not possible to do any configs whatsoever.

Tried on LMS : 7.9.2 - 1537023265, Windows 7x64 and jivelite-0.1r187-win32 = no go with jivelite. I've CustomClock up and running with Squeezeplayer on same system.

Read this whole thread : https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...800x480-Screen.
    But it didn't give me any understandable answers. Tried the manual download(install described there, but also no go.
    Found and read this whole thread also, but it doesn't give me much clue other than I've the same problem. Maybe tells someone more clever than me what might be going on? :

https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/t...k-app-to-work/

Know it's not the right place to ask, but; anyone know if the Mac OSX jivelite version works with Custom Clock?
    Last edited by doggod; 2019-04-22 at 04:51.

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    Anyone knows how to get Erlands "CustomClock" to work with Jivelite for Windows?
    Installed it the "normal way" within the Jivelite GUI but it doesn't work. I get the menus in the GUI but it's not possible to do any configs whatsoever.

Tried on LMS : 7.9.2 - 1537023265, Windows 7x64 and jivelite-0.1r187-win32 = no go with jivelite. I've CustomClock up and running with Squeezeplayer on same system.

Read this whole thread : https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...800x480-Screen.
    But it didn't give me any understandable answers. Tried the manual download(install described there, but also no go.
    Found and read this whole thread also, but it doesn't give me much clue other than I've the same problem. Maybe tells someone more clever than me what might be going on? :

https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/t...k-app-to-work/

Know it's not the right place to ask, but; anyone know if the Mac OSX jivelite version works with Custom Clock?
    Jivelite for windows is currently using a different version of lua (luajit 2.0) that is not 100% compatible with most applets written for the touch and radio.

I'm currently in the process of moving my jivelite builds to use the same version as the touch and radio to prevent these problems in the future.

The latest Jivelite for OSX Jivelite-x86_64-lua-0.1.0r189.dmg should work with Custom Clock.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Jivelite for windows is currently using a different version of lua (luajit 2.0) that is not 100% compatible with most applets written for the touch and radio.

I'm currently in the process of moving my jivelite builds to use the same version as the touch and radio to prevent these problems in the future.

The latest Jivelite for OSX Jivelite-x86_64-lua-0.1.0r189.dmg should work with Custom Clock.

Sweet, looking forward for the updated win.version later then. Will give it a go with the OSX version. Cheers Ralphy!

Jivelite for Windows

> Jivelite for windows is currently using a different version of lua
    > (luajit 2.0) that is not 100% compatible with most applets written for
    > the touch and radio.

Do you know about the performance impact this might have? I would assume
    Triode had a reason for the switch. But then there's probably no slower
    device running jivelite than the Controller :-).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Jivelite for windows is currently using a different version of lua
    > (luajit 2.0) that is not 100% compatible with most applets written for
    > the touch and radio.

Do you know about the performance impact this might have? I would assume
    Triode had a reason for the switch. But then there's probably no slower
    device running jivelite than the Controller :-).

--

Michael
    I don't own a controller but the radio is not that zippy either.

I don't have any hard performance stats between luajit 2.0 and lua 5.1.5. The jive hardware players all use lua 5.1.1 with language extensions not provided in the base syntax.

Triode stated the move from lua to luajit was for additional features, and a performance boost, but again no hard numbers. There is only one feature of luajit used in Jivelite that I revert to the lua version and I had to add LuaBitOp language extension to lua 5.1

Monitoring jivelite CPU usage while the VU Meter now playing screen is active shows no significant difference.

The picoreplayer jivelite builds have always used lua 5.1.x so it's been well tested over the years.
    Ralphy

Jivelite for Windows

> The picoreplayer jivelite builds have always used lua 5.1.x so it's been
    > well tested over the years.

Oh, I didn't realize that.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    Sweet, looking forward for the updated win.version later then. Will give it a go with the OSX version. Cheers Ralphy!
    The lua 5.1 jivelite windows build is available on sourceforge.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The lua 5.1 jivelite windows build is available on sourceforge.
    Just downloaded and tried it, excellent! :-) Custom clock now working fine.

All though there's another "funny" thing that differs from how Squeezeplayer behaves in "Power off mode";

When having choosed any screensaver for "off mode", for example a clock. Then in Squeezplayer when one do a left mouse click the "on/off" icon appears in the top right corner while this doesn't happen in Jivelite. (not even now with LUA 5.1, which I was hoping for). Which means that one have to either reboot JL or use the "K" mapping on the keyboard. Clicking with the mouse anywhere on the JL window doesn't help.

But now I noticed when playing around with it a bit that it's also inconsistent which to me makes no sense. Try to explain what I mean;

Shut down player (either with "I" or shut down icon) > SQL goes into whatever screensaver one chosed, > clicking anywhere in the window = nothing happens, > start the player again with "K" and do a shut down with any of the two options mention before and then it powers on when do one click inside the window. And this behaviour goes on every second time ... i.e works /works not / works /works not .... not much to worry about really but I thought I mentioned it. Some kind of bug I suppose? Easy to fix?
    Last edited by doggod; 2019-05-30 at 02:58.