Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRich View Post
    This works on Win 8.1 32bit on a Windows Tablet (Dell Venue Pro 8) but I can't get it to go "full screen' like SqueezePlayer and other than the joggler and original skin the navigation buttons are missing (other than off/on) so I can't navigate around.
    The other skins were not designed for touch control, only display on the screen and navigate using keyboard short cuts or a remote. See the list of keys posted earlier if you want to use the other skins.

I assume you mean squeezeplay, it does not go full screen either for me, the window resizes but the skins stay the same as before, same as jivelite.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    I must note however that I had a similar experience yesterday with a newly downloaded build of your Squeezeplay, but that one was even stranger: it played music quite well, but I couldn't use the control interface, as it told me it couldn't connect to the server. This was on a different PC as today's tentative with JiveLite, same OS, 64-bit though, all patched to the latest level.
    What old version and build of squeezeplay works for you?

Have you tried this work around. Setting files can be found in C:\Users\bakker_be\AppData\Roaming\Jivelite\ at least for win7, might be different for win8.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    What old version and build of squeezeplay works for you?

Have you tried this work around. Setting files can be found in C:\Users\bakker_be\AppData\Roaming\Jivelite\ at least for win7, might be different for win8.
    Hi,
    I finally found some time to look into this. The workaround doesn't help me, the mentioned info is in the LUA-file, it changes when I remove or modify it to point to a different server. I've never had Squeezeplay installed since migrating to windows 8. The oldest version I found in my downloads is 7.8.0r413, and this exhibits the same behaviour. The current version of squeezeslave works flawlessly ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

I have been using Jivelite for Windows for a few weeks now and loving it! I've found two minor glitches I'll describe below, but first I'll list my system:

1.) File Server in separate room running Windows 7 x64 and LMS 7.9.0.

2.) Laptop at listening position running Windows 7 x64, using web interface with Firefox 38 to create "now playing" lists to play on HTPC. I'll just call this machine "laptop".

3.) HTPC in stereo system running Windows 7 x64, using Squeezelite as player and Jivelite to display the "now playing" list. Skin is HD Grid Skin (1920x1080). I'll call this machine "HTPC".

Glitch #1: When I create a Windows shortcut to run Jivelite on the HTPC, and choose "Maximized" in the "Run" option in the shortcut properties, Jivelite does not honor the maximized state request and instead starts up in the normal mode. I maximize it by hand using the system menu of the Jivelite main window.

Glitch #2: Steps to repeat:
    1.) Create a "now playing" list for the HTPC in the web interface of the laptop. Play the playlist to completion. The elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly in the "now playing" list in Jivelite on the HTPC.
    2.) Clear the "now playing" list using the "clear" button in the lower right corner of the web interface of the laptop. The playlist clears correctly.
    3.) Create a new "now playing" list for the HTPC using the web interface of the laptop. Click the "play" button in the laptop web interface to play it on the HTPC.
    4.) In Jivelite on the HTPC, the elapsed time / remaining time indicator in the "now playing" list now appears as it would if I were playing internet radio, with only an elapsed time indication on the left, with no remaining time indicator and no slider.
    5.) Press the Backspace key on the HTPC to get back to the main screen of Jivelite.
    6.) Click the "now playing" button in Jivelite on the HTPC to show the "now playing" list again.
    7.) Now the elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly on the HTPC.

I hope this makes sense. Overall though, Jivelite is great, as I have taken great pains to get the highest resolution and quality artwork possible for my albums, and it's wonderful to see them at large size in the "now playing" list of the 1920x1080 skin.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_c View Post
    Glitch #2: Steps to repeat:
    1.) Create a "now playing" list for the HTPC in the web interface of the laptop. Play the playlist to completion. The elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly in the "now playing" list in Jivelite on the HTPC.
    2.) Clear the "now playing" list using the "clear" button in the lower right corner of the web interface of the laptop. The playlist clears correctly.
    3.) Create a new "now playing" list for the HTPC using the web interface of the laptop. Click the "play" button in the laptop web interface to play it on the HTPC.
    4.) In Jivelite on the HTPC, the elapsed time / remaining time indicator in the "now playing" list now appears as it would if I were playing internet radio, with only an elapsed time indication on the left, with no remaining time indicator and no slider.
    After further testing, I've found that the situation described in step 4 above (elapsed time / status showing only elapsed time, with no slider and no remaining time) only occurs on the first song of the newly-created "now playing" list after clearing the previous "now playing" list. When the second song of the newly-created list plays, some kind of refresh occurs and the correct elapsed time / remaining time / slider is once again displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_c View Post
    After further testing, I've found that the situation described in step 4 above (elapsed time / status showing only elapsed time, with no slider and no remaining time) only occurs on the first song of the newly-created "now playing" list after clearing the previous "now playing" list. When the second song of the newly-created list plays, some kind of refresh occurs and the correct elapsed time / remaining time / slider is once again displayed.
    I have slider issues with jivelite on all OS versions I use, the slider quite often gets out of sync, just playing an album picked from the gui.

My workaround is to cycle through repeat or shuffle modes back to the original state.

As soon as you press either "key" the first time, the slider resets to what it should be.

If someone would like to track it down and provide a patch, I'll build a new windows version.
    Ralphy

Ahhh. Thanks ralphy.

JogglerSkin updates

A new build of jivelite (jivelite-0.1-20150830git267dae5-win32.zip) is available which includes an updated JogglerSkin.

See post #1 in this thread for download details. This post has some screen shots. The VU and spectrum now playing screens are NOT supported with Windows.

If you don't use the Joggler Skin there's no reason to download the newer version.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2015-10-01 at 05:28.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    A new build of jivelite (jivelite-0.1-20150830git267dae5-win32.zip) is available which includes an updated JogglerSkin.
    ....If you don't use the Joggler Skin there's no reason to download the newer version.
    Hi Ralphy;
    thanks again for your continuing work on this.
    I tried "Soundicity" for a while as a Win10 remote tablet app for my System, but after a while, I reverted back to your jivelite version w/ joggler skin - it just works better for me.

I have 1 question, though:

If I use this App on an actual Joggler, there is a "home" option by long pressing the upper left icon: Long pressing that icon brings you back to the home screen, no matter how deep you are in the menues. I use this feature quite a lot - it is nice.

This feature does not work on your jivelite Version running on Win 8 / 8.1 / 10 using a touchscreen, as the long press conflicts with the Windows feature, were long press initiates a right click.

Similar thing happens when I am in (Triodes) Spotify App: I.e. when I have selected an Artist and browse through the Albums I can select to play the entire Album by a long press (a new window appears with this option among others). (A short press lists all the songs on that album and I can select one song to play)

-> Is there any way that you could make that feature work - i.e. shortening the long press timer, so it kicks on before the windows right click feature kicks in?

Just a tiny question - your app is excellent as it is!
    Thanks a lot.
    Heiner
    Last edited by slimhase; 2015-09-29 at 13:11.
    Heiner
    My system: LMS 7.9x on Open Peak Joggler running Roobarbs SqueezePlay OS; (Library on Synology NAS)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, 1 x PiCorePlayer on Pi Zero; (1 x Slimp3)
    Remote: 1 x Controller; iOS: Material Skin (& iPeng); Android: Orange Squeeze (& Squeeze Commander); Win: Squeezelite-X

Hi, I run jivelite with win10. I can not switch now playing screen to VU meter, although it is active in settings. Any ideas?
    Is there a way to control on win10 the squeezelite/jivelite combi by the original SB touch remote?

Regards,
    AudioUser

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk