Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QOBUZ and SBT

QOBUZ and SBT

Is there a way to stream CD quality tracks from QOBUZ through the SBT?
    Currently I have to use AIRPLAY from my iPad to my Apple TV in order to play QOBUZ content in my stereo.
    I would rather use the SBT to play CD quality without degradation.
    However I don't know how

Sure. If you use LMS a there is a standalone plugin for it and you can also use Qobuz through the ickStream plugin.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

SBT and QOBUZ

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Sure. If you use LMS a there is a standalone plugin for it and you can also use Qobuz through the ickStream plugin.
    I loaded LMS, enabled 3rd party apps and checked the QOBUZ box but nothing was installed
    What are the steps to install the QOBUZ app and update the SBT to support it.?

BTW I bought iPeng for iPad from the applestore and found it a great remote for SBT! Recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by hidef View Post
    I loaded LMS, enabled 3rd party apps and checked the QOBUZ box but nothing was installed
    What are the steps to install the QOBUZ app and update the SBT to support it.?

BTW I bought iPeng for iPad from the applestore and found it a great remote for SBT! Recommended!
    after you ticked the QOBUZ box, you clicked APPLY and it should have asked you to restart LMS. Did it do this? And you restarted LMS. Then when you go back to plugins afterwards, next to QOBUZ plugin (now installed) there is a settings button to the right
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    after you ticked the QOBUZ box, you clicked APPLY and it should have asked you to restart LMS. Did it do this? And you restarted LMS. Then when you go back to plugins afterwards, next to QOBUZ plugin (now installed) there is a settings button to the right
    It worked! Now I can search and stream at CD quality, thanks!

Adding albums or tracks to Favourites

Using the SBT to search and play music from QOBUZ is a pleasure, but I could not find a way to add the tracks or albums I am listening to my QOBUZ favourites.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hidef View Post
    Using the SBT to search and play music from QOBUZ is a pleasure, but I could not find a way to add the tracks or albums I am listening to my QOBUZ favourites.
    Any suggestions?
    The way I do it is to use the Qobuz desktop app or the Android or IOS app, (doesn't matter which, just use whatever is convenient at the time). where you can make an artist, album or track a favourite. This will then show up in the Squeezebox plugin under the same category; artist, albums, or tracks.

To remove you just reverse the process.

Where to find Qobuz plug in

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I have tried with no joy to find the Qobuz plug in under 3rd party apps in settings and it is not there. Any tips on how I get it to appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Caderman View Post
    I have tried with no joy to find the Qobuz plug in under 3rd party apps in settings and it is not there. Any tips on how I get it to appear?
    It's in "Other" 3rd Party Plugins (need to check box then hit Apply to show these)

Qobuz gone?

I had the QOBUZ running through the standalone plugin, but it disappeared from one day to the next! Mystery ?????????
    Did not try to install it again cause I'm going on holidays for a few weeks.