Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS won't let me browse to a networked folder for my music

I am using a Raspberry Pi b+ with LMS 7.8.0 installed, as my NAS drive (Buffalo LS421DE) isn't able to install LMS. The installation of LMS has worked all ok on the Pi, except that when i am on the webpage server for the LMS, i am unable to point my music on my network, which is on my NAS drive, in the Media Folder in Basic Settings of LMS. I have tried using an ethernet cable and, seperately, a wifi link to my NAS drive, but nothing happens.

I currently have LMS installed on my laptop and it works absolutely fine, but for some reason the Media Folder on LMS on my Raspberry PI B+ will only accept a folder within the operating system of the Pi.

On my laptop, my music is pointed as follows:

//192.168.1.7/Share/Music

When i enter the above address in the Media Folder and press 'Apply', it just disappears from the bar. Why doesn't the LMS, installed on my Pi, accept the same format?

BTW - the reason i don't want to use my laptop anymore is because i use it for work and i don't always bring it home - hence the Raspberry Pi B+.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo0207 View Post
    I am using a Raspberry Pi b+ with LMS 7.8.0 installed, as my NAS drive (Buffalo LS421DE) isn't able to install LMS. The installation of LMS has worked all ok on the Pi, except that when i am on the webpage server for the LMS, i am unable to point my music on my network, which is on my NAS drive, in the Media Folder in Basic Settings of LMS. I have tried using an ethernet cable and, seperately, a wifi link to my NAS drive, but nothing happens.

I currently have LMS installed on my laptop and it works absolutely fine, but for some reason the Media Folder on LMS on my Raspberry PI B+ will only accept a folder within the operating system of the Pi.

On my laptop, my music is pointed as follows:

//192.168.1.7/Share/Music

When i enter the above address in the Media Folder and press 'Apply', it just disappears from the bar. Why doesn't the LMS, installed on my Pi, accept the same format?

BTW - the reason i don't want to use my laptop anymore is because i use it for work and i don't always bring it home - hence the Raspberry Pi B+.

Non gender specific Bison family member,

I think that the LinkStation is particular in the protocols it allows one to connect with/to it.

If you check your manual it will tell you which ones are enabled (and if you can add others).

I tried to connect a SqueezePluged 'pi to a LinkStation mini without success.

I think you want Samba or something (ftp?).

I gave up trying as I could not spare the time.

Some whizzkid will no doubt be able to help.

atb

Ronnie

You need to mount the share on the Pi

Not your make of NAS but close enough.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowl.../tutorials/566

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    You need to mount the share on the Pi

Not your make of NAS but close enough.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowl.../tutorials/566

I may be wrong (and kick me if I am) but i have just found a link to when I tried to do this.

NFS is not supported by Buffalo (well the LinkStation mini, I was trying to use).

I can check at the weekend, but so can the op if he/she googles