Slow Blinking Red/Won't Reset/Did Storm Kill my Logitech Squeezebox Receiver?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callesoroe
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ramitche
    Did you get this to work? After years of flawless performance, I'm experiencing this too... pressing the button never goes to fast blink red. Seems dead.
    may be power supply
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Comment

• Mnyb
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ramitche
      Did you get this to work? After years of flawless performance, I'm experiencing this too... pressing the button never goes to fast blink red. Seems dead.
      >20 seconds ?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
      Bedroom/Office: Boom
      Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
      Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
      iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
      (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
      server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• ramitche
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Mnyb
        >20 seconds ?
        Even tried > 60 seconds.. same ... just a slow red blink.

Does anyone know if there's someone that can troubleshoot and/or service these devices? I really don't want to move away from this technology unless I really have to.
        Last edited by ramitche; 2017-04-11, 02:12.

Comment

• w3wilkes
          • Jan 2009

You could always build a new PI player.
          Wilkes

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.5.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, both work perfectly, new power supply) and Squeeseslave
          Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.5.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
          Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
          Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

• ramitche
            • Apr 2017

[UPDATE]

So, in the end, that didn't work... i picked up a new power supply and it works reliably now. I guess the old PS got fried somehow. I did see a red light emanating from the digital audio port on the back of the SB Player, so i thought the PS was ok, but obviously it was not delivering enough power.

I now have a working SB Duet Player.
            Last edited by ramitche; 2017-04-25, 01:51.

Comment

Working...