Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Ok, I've spent some time wrapping my head around this. Also, I tried to test the plugin at 24/192 by changing the rate and format on all 3 lines which contained arecord (in the custom-convert.conf file). Just for curiosity more than anything. When I tried to use the plugin, I got static out of my speakers. I swear I heard music under that static though.

I had a look at the WAVIN.pm file. I see that there is a subfunction "getMetadatafor" where the bitrate for CD quality (16 bit, 44.1 kHz, and 2 channels I'm assuming) is hardcoded. All I ever want to pass to LMS is audio at 24 bits, 192 kHz, and 2 channels. Is there a way I could modify that subroutine to hardcode this new bitrate into the WAVIN.pm file? I feel like that would make life easiest here as I have no experience with Perl.

Thanks,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mike_b16 View Post
    I had a look at the WAVIN.pm file. I see that there is a subfunction "getMetadatafor" where the bitrate for CD quality (16 bit, 44.1 kHz, and 2 channels I'm assuming) is hardcoded. All I ever want to pass to LMS is audio at 24 bits, 192 kHz, and 2 channels. Is there a way I could modify that subroutine to hardcode this new bitrate into the WAVIN.pm file? I feel like that would make life easiest here as I have no experience with Perl.
    I've told you twice that you need to write/add a routine called parseMetadata - why don't you believe me ?
    The "getMetadatafor" routine is called by the player display and provides the info for the cosmetics on the player display screen such as pretty picture and the text in the media format field - it is not used by LMS to tell the player the format of the audio stream.

I do believe you. I understand that your plugin is expecting the audio at 16/44,1. I don't believe that I have enough knowledge to create a parseMetadata routine which can just automatically detect the source information. That's why I'm asking if I can just hardcode the values in and avoid having to try to learn Perl or find someone with enough expertise since I won't use any other formats than 24/192/2ch.

Michael

I do believe you. I understand that your plugin is expecting the audio at 16/44,1. I don't believe that I have enough knowledge to create a parseMetadata routine which can just automatically detect the source information. That's why I'm asking if I can just hardcode the values in and avoid having to try to learn Perl or find someone with enough expertise since I won't use any other formats than 24/192/2ch.
    All you need to do is look in other plugin for the parseMetadata routine, copy the code to the WAVIN.pm file, chop out the parsing code from the other plugin and hardcode the values you want in the returned data.

Ok, I'll have a look and let you know how it goes. Thanks for being patient.

Cheers,

Michael

I'd definitely like to share this with the community when it's completed.
    If you plan to offer the completed plugin you'll need to learn LMS Perl to rename and create your own plugin package and be able to provide support.

All you need to do is look in other plugin for the parseMetadata routine, copy the code to the WAVIN.pm file, chop out the parsing code from the other plugin and hardcode the values you want in the returned data.
    I attempted to look through and understand the parseMetadata routine in the HTTP.pm file for the squeezeboxserver (code located here), but could not make sense of of the what the function exactly did or how I could modify it to pull/push the data I want. I tried pasting code from that into the WAVIN.pm file and looking at the log to try to understand it, but to no avail. I also tried having a look at the parseMetadata function in BBC iPlayer's RTMP.pm file, but with the same results. I am quite lost here. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

If you plan to offer the completed plugin you'll need to learn LMS Perl to rename and create your own plugin package and be able to provide support.
    I think I wasn't clear here. As you can see, I don't have the knowledge or expertise to create/support something like this. What I meant was I simply wanted to say "This was how I wanted to achieve HBR audio distribution, this was my hardware setup, and these were the steps I took to achieve that" so that people who wanted a similar solution to me didn't have to do the same amount of digging and head scratching.

Thanks,

Michael
    Last edited by mike_b16; 2014-12-09 at 15:14. Reason: Incorrect URL for the HTTP.pm file

I've been browsing through plugins to try to find a parseMetadata routine (or similar) that pushes the sampling rate, bits per sample, and number of channels of the stream to the server (and then the stream). Do you have an idea of a plugin which would contain this kind I code. I should be able to edit it once I found such a plugin.

Thanks,

Michael

Did anyone ever find a solution for this?
    Here or https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...172#post950172 ?

I'm looking for a similar setup where I stream Hi-res/Master Tidal from a Windows server via Waveinput to my Squeezebox Touch, but I only get buffering and white noise when configuring Waveinput to higher flac qualities than 16/44,1 in custom-convert.conf.

Really hope for a working solution!

Br,

Vegard

Quote Originally Posted by Vegz78 View Post
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this?
    Here or https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...172#post950172 ?

I'm looking for a similar setup where I stream Hi-res/Master Tidal from a Windows server via Waveinput to my Squeezebox Touch, but I only get buffering and white noise when configuring Waveinput to higher flac qualities than 16/44,1 in custom-convert.conf.

Really hope for a working solution
    What have you tried ?

Show the custom-convert.conf file that has failed ?