Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Custom Browse - Modifying song info for classical music

Hi
    I am using LMS with the plugins Multilibrary, Custom Scan, Custom Browse and successfully built up a dynamic tag menu exclusively for classical music. Now, I would like to modify the song info display for classical music. I don't use artist tags for classical music since I am working with CONDUCTOR, SOLOIST, ORCHESTRA, COMPOSER tags. That's why the song info right now shows "Kein Interpret" (= "no artist"). How can I change this? I would like to see the conductor tag there and instead of the Album name ("Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 6&2 [Jńrvi]) the WORK tag "Symphonie No. 6 F Major". I cannot find any tutorial on this... The "Manage header/footer items" menu is just too much for me, I don't know where to start...
    Any help is much appreciated.

Name:  jaervi.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  56.4 KB
    Last edited by kosmonaut_75; 2019-09-08 at 13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by kosmonaut_75 View Post
    Hi
    I am using LMS with the plugins Multilibrary, Custom Scan, Custom Browse and successfully built up a dynamic tag menu exclusively for classical music. Now, I would like to modify the song info display for classical music. I don't use artist tags for classical music since I am working with CONDUCTOR, SOLOIST, ORCHESTRA, COMPOSER tags. That's why the song info right now shows "Kein Interpret" (= "no artist"). How can I change this? I would like to see the conductor tag there and instead of the Album name ("Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 6&2 [Jńrvi]) the WORK tag "Symphonie No. 6 F Major".
    I don't think this can be done without digging deep into the code. The problem here might be, what do you do when there's no conductor (string quartet comes to mind)? So you'd need a fallback. That fallback should be artist, as there's always an artist. In other words: You want to tag ARTIST.

As for the "Kein Interpret" issue: Just tag ARTIST = CONDUCTOR or SOLOIST (for now). Or [SOLOIST / ][CONDUCTOR / ]BAND (YEAROFRECORDING)...

(Your WORK tag (finally someone doing it right) btw. looks like a mixture of German ("Symphonie") and English (everything else). Just saying. )

Quote Originally Posted by kosmonaut_75 View Post
    I cannot find any tutorial on this... The "Manage header/footer items" menu is just too much for me, I don't know where to start...
    Any help is much appreciated.
    There is a tutorial for these header/fooder items, but I never understood them. I think they are for the Web interface only, anyway.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I don't think this can be done without digging deep into the code. The problem here might be, what do you do when there's no conductor (string quartet comes to mind)? So you'd need a fallback. That fallback should be artist, as there's always an artist. In other words: You want to tag ARTIST.

As for the "Kein Interpret" issue: Just tag ARTIST = CONDUCTOR or SOLOIST (for now). Or [SOLOIST / ][CONDUCTOR / ]BAND (YEAROFRECORDING)...

(Your WORK tag (finally someone doing it right) btw. looks like a mixture of German ("Symphonie") and English (everything else). Just saying. )

There is a tutorial for these header/fooder items, but I never understood them. I think they are for the Web interface only, anyway.
    Thanks you! I had a deep look into the tutorial, however it simply doesn't work...
    I will try out now tagging Artist = Conductor or Soloist as you proposed.