Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9

    WOR AM (New York)

    Anybody have the WOR AM stream info?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    120

    it's an iHeart station....

    Quote Originally Posted by nypatrick View Post
    Anybody have the WOR AM stream info?
    Sorry for not responding sooner with what little I know. I thought for sure that someone from the NYC area would respond. (I used to be....)

    WOR Radio 710 is an iHeart station and urls that work are hard to come by. If you happen to have a UE Radio, there's an app for that, but no app for the LMS based sboxes.

    "Somewhere," not too long ago, I thought I saw that someone had put together a list of some iheart url steams; I don't remember if WOR was on that list or if those streams worked. It seems like the list was on this forum, but maybe on some SoundBridge site. I can't find it right off.

    You might try googling and maybe with patience it'll turn up. Good Luck
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by pbroughton View Post
    Sorry for not responding sooner with what little I know. I thought for sure that someone from the NYC area would respond. (I used to be....)

    WOR Radio 710 is an iHeart station and urls that work are hard to come by. If you happen to have a UE Radio, there's an app for that, but no app for the LMS based sboxes.

    "Somewhere," not too long ago, I thought I saw that someone had put together a list of some iheart url steams; I don't remember if WOR was on that list or if those streams worked. It seems like the list was on this forum, but maybe on some SoundBridge site. I can't find it right off.

    You might try googling and maybe with patience it'll turn up. Good Luck


    Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I'll keep looking.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    120

    WOR slight update

    Quote Originally Posted by nypatrick View Post
    Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I'll keep looking.
    Most of the links that I found, including Roku, no longer work. When you check Google you'll quickly see the objective of iHeart, Clear Channel with regard to their stations.

    Right now, however, I am listening to Mark Simone on Uberstations.

    See this:

    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...on-Squeezebox-!

    good luck.
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9

    WOR stream works!

    WOR AM New York stream is working, at least it is today.


    http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...fdff05f907e41d

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by nypatrick View Post
    WOR AM New York stream is working, at least it is today.


    http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...fdff05f907e41d
    good for you!

    I have noticed that a few stations that used to be on RadioTime, but then weren't for quite a time, are now back on. A few also that I always had to go searching for a working URL are on now, too. Thanks, TuneIn!

    Unfortunately, my SoundBridges do require URLs in order to tune in so that's still a challenge................
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    263
    Iheart radio streams can be found here.

    http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common...ation_list.xml

    The ones I needed seem to work.. low bitrate (48k) AAC, but it works.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    120

    Thanks for the iHeart list.................

    Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    Iheart radio streams can be found here.

    http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common...ation_list.xml

    The ones I needed seem to work.. low bitrate (48k) AAC, but it works.
    I forgot to say thanks for this list; I have tried a few of my old favorites and they work!
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •