Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 361
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    250

    Announcement - ickStream open beta release on Squeezebox !

    We are about to announce the release of ickStream to all Squeezebox users and we are giving anyone who is reading this post on the slimdevices forum the opportunity to try out ickStream ahead of the announcement.

    With ickStream you will be able to access a number of additional online music services and radios on your Squeezebox.
    We are particularly excited to announce the availability of TIDAL - http://tidalhifi.com - on the Squeezebox exclusively through ickStream. Go grab a trial account here: http://getlossless.com/ , if you don't already have one, and you'll be able to enjoy High Fidelity Music streaming on your Squeezebox!

    While ickStream strives to provide access to different music services to enrich users music experience, one aspect we also want to focus on is access to high quality music streaming, especially on home streaming devices like the Squeezebox.
    With this initial release we are providing access to nine services, three of them provide access to high-resolution streams: Qobuz, WiMP Hifi, and TIDAL, which has recently launched in the US and UK.


    We have decided to release ickStream on the Squeezebox as a Logitech Media Server(LMS) plugin first to support all Squeezeboxes.

    Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in this release:
    http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/...eta_Squeezebox

    We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !

    For support or to share feedback please visit our forum at: https://forum.ickstream.com
    Last edited by remd; 2014-11-14 at 11:48.
    Interested in the future of music streaming ? www.ickStream.com - A world of music at your fingertips.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    276
    Cool thanks, will take a look.

    Regards

    Edit:

    1) How long does it usually take creating an account on the ickstream cloud? (your newsletters get through, but nothing so far, not in spam either) - Edit: Added ickstream to hotmail accepted address and reset password. All sorted now. thanks.

    2) Your data policy is a little extensive, is that data open to all at ickstream, or restricted in some way? Do you see username/password for my services for example? Apologies for the blunt question.

    3) Trying Tidal on your service and its excellent. Thanks very much. Will try qobuz later.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by local.bin; 2014-11-14 at 15:33.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    290
    Is this supposed to work with a qobuz account yet?

    I'm finding it confusing regarding whether I'm logged in as ickstream user or qobuz user; seem to be stuck in circular log-in loop.

    Also, I cannot find a way to have devices registered - I'm asked repeatedly to agree with terms of use.
    Last edited by Furry; 2014-11-14 at 15:59.
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Unused 3: Slim Devices SB3, Logitech SB3.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  4. #4
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,610
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    1) How long does it usually take creating an account on the ickstream cloud? (your newsletters get through, but nothing so far, not in spam either) - Edit: Added ickstream to hotmail accepted address and reset password. All sorted now. thanks.
    OK. It should usually only take a few seconds or minutes but e-mails sometimes have relay delays.

    2) Your data policy is a little extensive, is that data open to all at ickstream, or restricted in some way? Do you see username/password for my services for example? Apologies for the blunt question.
    Well, "all at ickstream" currently isn't too many Those who have admin access to the server can see the mail address you used to create the ickStream account, not the account details for connected services.

    Whether we have your passwords or not in the database depends on the service (other than with Logitech, BTW, which always connects using your account information IIRC, at least I don't remember ever seeing any oAuth on MySB). Wherever an oAuth authentication is available, we use it. oAuth will not give us the full account information but just the user ID and an authentication handle which then can only be used by ickStream and which you can usually revoke on the service at any time even without ickStream involvement. This is for example what SoundCloud does.
    This is also how the login providers we use work. If you login with, say, facebook, we don't get your facebook password but just an e-mail address and the confirmation from facebook that you are correctly logged in through their account.

    Others like TIDAL or Qobuz don't use this yet and there we do have to store both username and password to get access.

    3) Trying Tidal on your service and its excellent. Thanks very much. Will try qobuz later.
    Good to hear that, have fun!

    Regarding your earlier question on devices, let me answer although you now removed the question. We don't get any details data from your players, what we store is the player identity. This means: the player name, the MAC and the UUID the player has created. That's how the players are identified in our system.
    The idea behind ickStream is to be licensed to vendors and we have to make sure that the beta is not being used commercially, we would not be allowed to do that for all the services provided under the terms of the open beta, vendors will have to use a commercial license for that which has other terms (but then they could also get more services...)
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

  5. #5
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,610
    One comment regarding something that came up on our forum...
    There seems to be an issue - it's a bit embarrassing given the fact that we start with some lossless services - that LMS (and other UIs) sometimes show MP3 as the stream format with our streams even when the actual format is FLAC.
    This affects both TIDAL and QOBUZ. From what I see the correct format will usually be shown after a while, especially if you play the same track (in the current playlist) a second time.

    So don't be too concerned if LMS or the player shows the stream format as "MP3" where you expect FLAC, it's usually indeed FLAC. We have a way to see what's the actual stream in the logs, there's an explanation about how to get this in our forum. We are working on a fix.
    It's this old issue that it's actually the server telling the controller or UI what is streaming, the information shown is not what actually reaches the player but what the server thinks it is...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sor°, Denmark
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by remd View Post
    We are about to announce the release of ickStream to all Squeezebox users and we are giving anyone who is reading this post on the slimdevices forum the opportunity to try out ickStream ahead of the announcement.

    With ickStream you will be able to access a number of additional online music services and radios on your Squeezebox.
    We are particularly excited to announce the availability of TIDAL - http://tidalhifi.com - on the Squeezebox exclusively through ickStream. Go grab a trial account here: http://getlossless.com/ , if you don't already have one, and you'll be able to enjoy High Fidelity Music streaming on your Squeezebox!

    While ickStream strives to provide access to different music services to enrich users music experience, one aspect we also want to focus on is access to high quality music streaming, especially on home streaming devices like the Squeezebox.
    With this initial release we are providing access to nine services, three of them provide access to high-resolution streams: Qobuz, WiMP Hifi, and TIDAL, which has recently launched in the US and UK.


    We have decided to release ickStream on the Squeezebox as a Logitech Media Server(LMS) plugin first to support all Squeezeboxes.

    Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in this release:
    http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/...eta_Squeezebox

    We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !

    For support or to share feedback please visit our forum at: https://forum.ickstream.com
    I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

  7. #7
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,610
    That'S just the login providers. Could it be that you are not in Denmark? I think we only show WiMP there if you are from Denmark or Norway (or maybe not at all? Will have to check tomorrow).

    This doesn't mean it's not supported. Just log in with e-mail/password (ickStream cloud login) and then you can select your country and add WiMP, too.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sor°, Denmark
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by callesoroe View Post
    I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).

    Have solved it..... clicked on google to come in and add wimp
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Olde London Town
    Posts
    1,110
    I was looking forward to trying this, but the plugin seems to have got stuck in an endless loop of asking to confirm T&Cs with re-registering players. Trying disable/enable of plugin and restarting LMS

    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1408216432 @ Sun Aug 17 04:04:19 CUT 2014
    Hostname: Rosaline
    Server IP Address: 192.168.2.119
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 4
    Last edited by amcluesent; 2014-11-14 at 18:39.

  10. #10
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,610
    What type of players do you have?
    Did it not ask you to create an account or log in?

    One more thing: you seem to be using a very old version of LMS 7.9 beta, could you update this to a more recent build?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •