Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 98 of 116 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    OK here's the log for that scenario: play back MP3 using the LMS GUI, hit the Pause button, then switch to a different source on the Receiver and find that the Volume level has been set to zero:

Code:
    [12:32:09.078] AddMRDevice:1187 [004830CC]: adding renderer (TX-NR515)
    [12:32:34.768] SetVolume:229 uPNP volume 0 for http://192.168.1.80:8888/upnp_control_0 (cookie 00000027)
    [12:32:34.768] process_strm:239 [004BDB1C] strm command p
    Understood - The difficulty in that situation is that when you pause, LMS has the behavior to send a "0" volume command *before* it asks for the pause. So I have not possibility to make the difference between a real user volume command and the LMS 'pause'. I could put an option to ignore all 0 volume command while playing but I'm sure some users are not going to like it. You probably should use the "on/off" button in LMS when you want to stop using the Onkyo from LMS. I have to check but I don't think this command sends a 0 volume command

[edit]: I'll take that back, only the when you empty the playlist will LMS volume command be ignored. This is the only option. I can probably then add an option to ignore all "0" volume command in version 0.2.4.0, but I will have to disable it by default as it will probably be confusing for many users
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-06-21 at 04:54.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Understood - The difficulty in that situation is that when you pause, LMS has the behavior to send a "0" volume command *before* it asks for the pause. So I have not possibility to make the difference between a real user volume command and the LMS 'pause'. I could put an option to ignore all 0 volume command while playing but I'm sure some users are not going to like it. You probably should use the "on/off" button in LMS when you want to stop using the Onkyo from LMS. I have to check but I don't think this command sends a 0 volume command

[edit]: I'll take that back, only the when you empty the playlist will LMS volume command be ignored. This is the only option. I can probably then add an option to ignore all "0" volume command in version 0.2.4.0, but I will have to disable it by default as it will probably be confusing for many users
    That would be great. I suppose clearing the playlist is probably the best option for me in the meantime.

Great plug-in by the way - excellent idea and very nicely implemented.

I see you use PCM and have wav file and aiff format enabled. Would you mind running tests with only 'flc' and 'mp3' enabled in codec ? PCM, especially when sent to the player in WAV format can be problematic. At least, your player support 'raw' format, so there is no need to enable 'wav' and 'aiff' (in the "uncompressed format")
    sorry for late reply - im not getting email updates from the forum for some reason and so missed your reply.

ok so using latest config (with conservative sample rate just in case) everything works fine except the pause function.

its definitely something to do with the volume:
    I pause
    the volume is set by lms to zero
    I increase the volume manually on the amp
    I press play
    lms sets the volume to zero
    ****I increase the volume manually *****
    couple of seconds later its playing...

weirdly... a few seconds after that the volume from lms cuts back in and adjusts the amp to that shown in lms.

so as this is a bit rambling
    if I manually increase the volume on the amp after a pause everything works perfectly
    if I don't then when I press play the amp stops responding and everything seems to lock up

hegel h160 amplifier settings:

http streaming option: chunked
    player handles "next track": yes
    lms seek on resume - to avoid manual intervention set to yes but hopefully fixed sometime ;-)
    directory: ?
    max size: -1
    supported codecs:flc,pcm,mp3,aif,aac (works perfectly on iplayer live and catchup)
    max sample rate: 192000 (need higher res to check but working on the highest i have)
    flac header:normal (copied from the defaults)
    uncompressed format: raw (as recommended)
    match byte order: yes (copied from defaults)
    24 bits pcm: packed type 1 (copied from defaults)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danielpugh; 2015-06-21 at 10:18. Reason: more detail

Quote Originally Posted by danielpugh View Post
    sorry for late reply - im not getting email updates from the forum for some reason and so missed your reply.

ok so using latest config (with conservative sample rate just in case) everything works fine except the pause function.

its definitely something to do with the volume:
    I pause
    the volume is set by lms to zero
    I increase the volume manually on the amp
    I press play
    lms sets the volume to zero
    ****I increase the volume manually *****
    couple of seconds later its playing...

weirdly... a few seconds after that the volume from lms cuts back in and adjusts the amp to that shown in lms.

so as this is a bit rambling
    if I manually increase the volume on the amp after a pause everything works perfectly
    if I don't then when I press play the amp stops responding and everything seems to lock up

hegel h160 amplifier settings:

http streaming option: chunked
    player handles "next track": yes
    lms seek on resume - to avoid manual intervention set to yes but hopefully fixed sometime ;-)
    directory: ?
    max size: -1
    supported codecs:flc,pcm,mp3,aif,aac (works perfectly on iplayer live and catchup)
    max sample rate: 192000 (need higher res to check but working on the highest i have)
    flac header:normal (copied from the defaults)
    uncompressed format: raw (as recommended)
    match byte order: yes (copied from defaults)
    24 bits pcm: packed type 1 (copied from defaults)
    This is really weird ... I can't understand the connection with volume changes. What happens if you set the 'LMS Volume changes' to 'ignore all changes' ? (all LMS volume commands are blocked in that case). I'm also surprised that it takes a couple of seconds to start playing after you've pressed 'play' again and manually set the volume

[edit]: If this works 100% properly with 'ignore all changes' then there is definitely something wrong with the volume command, otherwise I'll have to find somebody that can take wireshark traces between BubbleUPnP and one player that does not work. Not sure I already asked you: on what platform do you run squeeze2upnp ?

[edit2]: I had an idea of something that touches volume command and could cause a problem on unpause. I suddenly realized that while I was writting you an answer. If your platform is Windows, can you try this version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e2upnp-win.exe ? (just copy under the c:\programdata\squeezebox\cache\installedplugins\p lugins\UPnPBridge\Bin)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-06-21 at 14:22.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

using windows 8.1
    Brilliant, that did it. It now works perfectly. Pause and play work instantly.

Fantastic!

Let me know if you would like me to do any testing in particular

also... I don't suppose you know if its possible to add a convolution engine (not necessarily via squeeze2upnp). im not completely sure how the data flows. I was thinking something like inguz, but not sure where/how squeeze2upnp fits into things or whether this is possible with upnp & lms
    Last edited by danielpugh; 2015-06-21 at 15:23.

using this plug in with winamp

hello. I was wondering if this plugin could be used to display the LMS now playing in winamp? there are several upnp plug in that work with winamp -- I've been trying to figure out how to display what's currently playing in LMS in Winamp and reading this, maybe there's a way to do that via UPNP/DLNA?

Quote Originally Posted by danielpugh View Post
    using windows 8.1
    Brilliant, that did it. It now works perfectly. Pause and play work instantly.

Fantastic!

Let me know if you would like me to do any testing in particular

also... I don't suppose you know if its possible to add a convolution engine (not necessarily via squeeze2upnp). im not completely sure how the data flows. I was thinking something like inguz, but not sure where/how squeeze2upnp fits into things or whether this is possible with upnp & lms
    Great - you know this the same old story. I've thinking about the problem w/o finding the cause. Then I started to write a response to explaining the sequence of event
    and as usual, while explaining it, the cause popped loud and bright

About inguz I've not used it so I don't know much about it but my impression is that it should work like it does with other SBs, no ? Squeeze2upnp does not decode audio files. I had made a provision for that but the process could be very cpu hungry so I let it aside for now I was even thinking of removing the possibility in the future

announce: squeeze2upnp, a bridge between LMS and uPNP devices

Quote Originally Posted by dhallag View Post
    hello. I was wondering if this plugin could be used to display the LMS now playing in winamp? there are several upnp plug in that work with winamp -- I've been trying to figure out how to display what's currently playing in LMS in Winamp and reading this, maybe there's a way to do that via UPNP/DLNA?
    I think what you want, not being a Winamp user is a small Winamp plugin that uses the lms command line interface to retrieve what's playing (on a given player). Should be easy for somebody knowing Winamp. Otherwise, if you want to use Winamp also to play sound and not just for display, then use a plugin that makes it a upnp player and then use my plugin.

Why Winamp btw ? I'm just curious, not challenging the choice

I think what you want, not being a Winamp user is a small Winamp plugin that uses the lms command line interface to retrieve what's playing (on a given player). Should be easy for somebody knowing Winamp. Otherwise, if you want to use Winamp also to play sound and not just for display, then use a plugin that makes it a upnp player and then use my plugin.

Why Winamp btw ? I'm just curious, not challenging the choice
    yea you got it, that's what i am looking for. haha -- winamp has a fantastic interface that looks really awesome -- so I can display artist info, song lyrics, album art, album info, visualization in a very nice interface that completely customizable and modular. there really isn't anything else I've seen (except for Muso) that even comes close. Muso is good but it's not as customizable like winamp. of course I am open to other suggestions as well. I like to use my 55" TV to display info about what I am listening to... I also have a 55" TV on an rooftop with amazing Chicago skyline views and it's really cool to have it up there as well during parties and such... Right now I am using Muso.

I have a plug in that makes winamp a UPNP player and yours but of course it's not working -- haha -- I'm pretty much a novice here so not really sure what to do to get them working together...

I think inguz would work, but it seems to be broken because it uses an older version of silverlight and seems to not be under active development.

Ill do some more testing, but looking good. Thank you very much for your help

Dan