Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FNG. Old Touch. Unable "my music" Any help appreciated.

Greetings and thanks in advance. I have owned a Touch for about 6 or 7 years but just found this forum.

The thing used to work like buttuh, perfect in other words. I use my wifi (used to anyway) to stream as opposed to a USB or other.
    About a year ago, while messing with my setup, I THINK I may have dorked up the connection between my PC (upstairs) and my Touch. It will still lock on and play internet based radio and Pandora. It will NOT however, locate and or display / play any of my music.

I tried doing a full reboot of the device, reintroducing it to my router etc. I have dumped and reloaded the Music Server. I have used colorful language and tossed down a mess of bourbon, kicked the furniture, thrown stuff etc.

Logitech support was no use. They had me do the same things over and over to no avail. I'm frustrated as you may imagine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I think the problem is probably in my PC as opposed to my Touch. After all, it still steams music, just not MINE.

I have a Terrabite of storage which is 80% music and the Touch was the perfect way to organize and access it.

Beers on me for whomever gets this mofo working again.

simple test, turn off the PC, does this change anything?

I suspect your connected to Mysqueezebox.com rather than your local lms server
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with Hifiberry Digital + (Lounge)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Kitchen)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Conservatory)
    Radio x 2 (Bedroom)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Garage)

LMS 7.9 on DIY Unraid 6 Server (i5)

Squeeze user since the SB1

Are you sure your touch is connected to your LMS server and NOT connected to mysqueezebox.com instead?
    Not sure of exact menus, but on your Touch navigate to "my music" and look for something like music server
    Also, make sure your LMS is running on your computer. Navigate via web browser to computeripaddress:9000 (computeripaddress should be replace with the ip address of the computer running LMS).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wow, two replies in an hour. GREAT. I'm out of town till Wed this week but will try your suggestions when I return and will post the results.

I have a mess of high quality stereo gear and a ton of music. My Touch made the whole mess much easier to manage and enjoy. Not having it work has been a huge disappointment. I still use it for Pandora and Internet Radio, but that's like owning a Porsche and never going faster than 30mph.

Many thanks. Keep any and all suggestions coming.

Does Logitech Media Server open on your server/desktop where it is installed i.e. can you open the browser to LMS(it is at http://127.0.0.1:9000/ on my PC)? Does the LMS see your library, that is in settings is the music directory specified?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    • Version: 8.0.0 - 1579900545 @ Fri Jan 24 22:48:53 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Does Logitech Media Server open on your server/desktop where it is installed i.e. can you open the browser to LMS(it is at http://127.0.0.1:9000/ on my PC)? Does the LMS see your library, that is in settings is the music directory specified?
    YES, I can search and find a ton of my stuff! 14,000+ tracks, 1700+ CDs, etc. You're on to something. It's 2 am and I just walked in the door. Will attempt some more troubleshooting tomorrow.
    THANKS

To further complicate things, about a year ago the folks from Logitech Tech Support had me monkey with my Touch, I reset it with the button on the back and linked it to a second computer as part of the troubleshooting. It solved nothing, but now I also have to tie my Touch and my PC (with the LMS and my hard drive) back together. So, I may have more than one issue. Thanks for all your kind assistance. It will make my year to get this thing back online and operating.

OK, stayed up some more....

ON the LMS, when I select "Choose Your Player", there is nothing to choose from. "Your Player Was Not Found" shows up. So, the link between my PC and my Touch is probably the culprit.
    My player is probably still in bed with my laptop, which is NO good. No music there, no hard drive there etc. Its got to be linked to the PC.
    Last edited by oldmako; 2015-03-10 at 22:47.

Try connecting player to LMS (forget web UI). Touch > My Music > Switch Library

To get back to regular usage (Touch on WiFi connected to LMS via network, not directly connected to computer) you will have to do another Factory Reset and start over.

I did the Touch reboot, and linked it to my wireless network. Now when I select "My Music" it tells me to ensure the LMS is running. It is. So, closer, but still no banana.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
    I did the Touch reboot, and linked it to my wireless network. Now when I select "My Music" it tells me to ensure the LMS is running. It is. So, closer, but still no banana.
    Do you have a laptop which can connect to the same wireless point as the Touch? If so, can you access the LMS web page using that? (http://LMSCOMPUTERIP:9000)? (replace LMSCOMPUTERIP with the IP address of the computer running the Logitech Media Server)>

The PC hosting LMS can see the internet? Try LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?