Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer on a Dockstar?

I would like to reuse some Dockstars now changed with a more powerful Odroid. There is the possibility to adapt the piCorePlayer for the Dockstar? I'm using Squeezeplug (ver. 4.06, the last) and it's fine but I would like to have a more light and robust version of software (Squeezeplug, imho, isn't so light and don't reside in ram).
    Ah, most important, I don't know almost anything of Linux! ;-)
    Thanks, Riccardo
    1 Touch, 1 Duet, 3 Boom, some SOC (Odroid, RPi3, RpiZeroW) as players. 1 SB v.1 (now unused), 1 SB Classic, broken,
    Logitech Media Server 7.9 on Odroid U3

The Dockstar is a micro Arm computer (Marvell) hacked in many ways. One, as a LMS with Squeezeplug (that also act as a player with an usb-audio card). But I would like to use PiCorePlayer on the Dockstar to have a more powerful, more stable system than Squeezeplug is.
    1 Touch, 1 Duet, 3 Boom, some SOC (Odroid, RPi3, RpiZeroW) as players. 1 SB v.1 (now unused), 1 SB Classic, broken,
    Logitech Media Server 7.9 on Odroid U3

I don't think anybody has ported Tinycore/microcore to Dockstar and so I think until that is done picoreplayer will not be available on dockstar.

Note sure what you mean by "more powerful" .

As an alternative you could try installing Arch on Dockstar ( http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/ar...agate-dockstar ) as Arch is lighweight and doesn't install unnecessary applications.
    Then use SOA ( see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...eloper-version ) which should be able to install latest version of Squeezelite

This should be better supported than Squeezeplug.