Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS as DLNA client

I was surprised to see LMS expose my Touch as a DLNA renderer.
    Is there a way to select a DLNA stream to be played on the Touch ?

On linux there is no really good DLNA DMC, but it's quite easy to create a DLNA stream with pulseaudio.
    The only thing remaining is to select the good stream from the Touch (as without DMC I cannot push the stream directly to the Touch) but I don't know if this is possible ?

Thanks !

How on earth did you manage to get LMS to expose your touch as a DLNA device??
    Is it Andy Grundmans plug-in that does this? Or is it natively built into the touch?

Rgds
    Oyvind

It's the plugin and it's actually the difference between "Squeezebox Server" versions and "Logitech Media Server"
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    How on earth did you manage to get LMS to expose your touch as a DLNA device??
    Is it Andy Grundmans plug-in that does this? Or is it natively built into the touch?

Rgds
    Oyvind
    I installed Andy Grundmans plug-in, restarted LMS, fired up my Touch, opened the firewall on my server (temporarily), started bubbleupnp on my smartphone, and the Touch showed up as a UPnP device. I don't know why yours doesn't. I also tried another Control Point, and it showed up there as well.

Having got this far, when I tried to get it to play a track it failed (something was happening, but not quite right). There are several possible reasons, but yours might work anyway once you get it to show up. I am using MinimServer as the server, rather carefully and specifically set up for other UPnP devices. It could be that I'd need to change some parameters to get the Touch to play. Since I don't want to use this facility myself I stopped there.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I installed Andy Grundmans plug-in, restarted LMS, fired up my Touch, opened the firewall on my server (temporarily), started bubbleupnp on my smartphone, and the Touch showed up as a UPnP device. I don't know why yours doesn't. I also tried another Control Point, and it showed up there as well.

Having got this far, when I tried to get it to play a track it failed (something was happening, but not quite right). There are several possible reasons, but yours might work anyway once you get it to show up. I am using MinimServer as the server, rather carefully and specifically set up for other UPnP devices. It could be that I'd need to change some parameters to get the Touch to play. Since I don't want to use this facility myself I stopped there.
    Just to confirm that although I don't use it much myself, it works exaclty that way, and it works. Make sure, as PasTim mentionned, you don't have a firewall issue or a router blocking, for example, some multicast traffic (I think UPnP needs UDP port 1900 multicast using 239.255.255.250
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I don't understand what you mean by that IP address. There's no such subnet on my LAN. And as far as I know, no default setup of either windows or any typical router would block port 1900 by default.... Our am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by that IP address. There's no such subnet on my LAN. And as far as I know, no default setup of either windows or any typical router would block port 1900 by default.... Our am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    If UPnP doesn't work, try a) briefly turning off the firewall on your server, and/or b) briefly enabling UPnP on your router (many have this as an option).
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

LMS as DLNA client

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    If UPnP doesn't work, try a) briefly turning off the firewall on your server, and/or b) briefly enabling UPnP on your router (many have this as an option).
    And make sure your router allows multicast. I think some have an option to block that

EnvoyÚ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-07-19 at 21:38.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5